It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I'm still a partisan hack, (or the left wing - right wing fallacy)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

CranialSponge
Reason #176 why I built a 20 foot wall of beer boxes along the North Dakota/Manitoba border:

To keep beezzer's partisan konservative germs from drifting over in this direction.

.... and I swear bunny boy....

If you even so much as attempt to drink any of that great Canadian beer to break your way through into the promised land, you're going to get a size 8 shoe rammed up where the carrots don't shine !

I accept that challenge!

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezzer - that's a real compliment

There are a lot of people here at ATS ( in this thread and then obviously outside as well) that are moderate in their thinking - rational, reasonable...on the right and left. There are many reasons why this isn't more obvious. We play the teams game here - but I've found that when you get someone in a more one on one situation you begin to see some real thinking - and a more moderate approach to life in general. Not always - but - usually

I've said this elsewhere, but we only have two real parties in this country and they're both necessary to the process. Democracy depends on balance - trying to cripple or eradicate your opponent is not working for the good of the people

Blah, blah, blah...

:-)

Right now both parties in this country are experiencing some trials and tribulations - a kind of dark night of the soul. The Republican party is having an existential meltdown... You might see this as a partisan comment - but even conservatives recognize this. It's not intended as criticism - it's not news. This will force some changes on the left as well - it's inevitable

This is a good thing

You'll see

edit on 1/12/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: to make something more obvious...and moderate :-)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Right now the GOP has to compromise with itself. The ideological fighting within the party needs addressing before any compromise can come with the left. To start with does ANYONE know what a GOP position will be on any given issue? I mean after all the infighting.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
What I don't understand is why people are so amazingly polarized.

Truly speaking, what good has a two party system done us? It's gotten some things done...but, it still leaves rather huge gaps in our governance and general well being as a society.

I personally have made the observation that it may very well be intentional. Not unlike a professional sports game. Get people into the idea of "I'm on the RIGHT" or "I'm on the LEFT". Give them reasons to dislike, or, even to hate each other. Make it entirely one side or the other. Make it divisive.

Others have said it before, and I guess I am adding nothing truly new here other than to hopefully say it in such a way that others may begin to see it as well. The two party paradigm is a tool of the system that us currently in control. It is my opinion that we are experiencing a drama played out on a world stage, and one that is well thought out and rehearsed in advance. Yepp, even scripted.

We tell our children "You can become President of the United States of America one day!". What we conveniently forget to tell them is....

"but only if you adhere to, and are vetted by, one of the two parties in our system."

This is not what was originally intended to be our reality. Let's take it back.
edit on 12-1-2014 by zeroBelief because: me screwed up...me fix it...me good.....

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

CranialSponge
Reason #176 why I built a 20 foot wall of beer boxes along the North Dakota/Manitoba border:

To keep beezzer's partisan konservative germs from drifting over in this direction.

.... and I swear bunny boy....

If you even so much as attempt to drink any of that great Canadian beer to break your way through into the promised land, you're going to get a size 8 shoe rammed up where the carrots don't shine !

Wow, a threat with a size 8 shoe....

[ looks down at size 15 shoe on his foot ]

Not that I agree with you, but if you're going to make a threat, make it at least SOUND scary ?

I'll rent you the use of my shoe for, oh, $20 if you so desire...THEN your threat will have some BITE to it !!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zeroBelief

You've never seen a size 8 Jimmy Choo super pointy high heel before, have you ?

... it's the stuff nightmares are made of.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I accept that challenge!

Dang... I forgot you like poking hornets' nests.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

CranialSponge
reply to post by zeroBelief

You've never seen a size 8 Jimmy Choo super pointy high heel before, have you ?

... it's the stuff nightmares are made of.

Whatever helps you sleep at night feeling "empowered"....A-OK with me, hon....

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
There are no more parties there are lobbyists and corporations and the IMF that control our government. The voting booths are rigged, Princeton hackers have hacked them numerous times and told the press about it. When you can't control the booths to me your vote is useless. And that's about it. Local politicians may be somewhat effective but when you talk about the upper levels of the fed it's a big game. It's international. We have nothing to do about it. Our vote doesn't matter. It's an illusion. Just like the third party is an illusion. All parties are an illusion of choice. When stuff is rigged it's rigged. Period. Everything will be more and more controlled and observed and one day will will belong to a global government a global police state where your every movement is tracked and watched and judged. This will happen. But I'll be dead long before it does. In the mean time I stopped voting, because I don't think it matters. If it makes you feel patriotic and duty bound then go ahead, watch Fox News and CNN and MSM and absorb the propaganda and the anger and the fear. To me if a politician were burning in front of me, I woudn't piss on him to put him out, I'd walk by and smile as I thought to myself another criminal we don't have to worry about. Then I'd go have a beer.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Before I venture input on this, I need to know something. Political thought category names wander around the landscape non-stop. I hear the term Progressive thrown around a lot. Back in the day,Teddy Roosevelt was a Progressive by the definition of the time. From what I gather listening to talk radio, he would not be considered such today.

What are the hallmark Progressive viewpoints today? What do I need to look for?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Alright thank your for answering.
Personally I agree that true freedom is neither right- nor left-wing but beyond the traditional political schemes, and those who come closest to this freedom are indeed libertarian Minarchists IMO, but what is the "official" categorization for Libertarians in the U.S.?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join