It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pimp sues Nike for not labeling shoes 'dangerous'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

I think we should ban the pimp-shoe.

At the very least, have background checks before pimps can purchase shoes.

"You can take my pimp-shoe, when you can pry it from my cold dead hands!"
-Anon pimp.
edit on 12-1-2014 by beezzer because: l

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Beating someone with a shoe is like the ultimate pimp move. There is no greater sign of disrespect. Haha

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

I hope the pimp gets counter sued 200 million for being an idiot.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Lingweenie

In June, Sirgiorgio Sanford Clardy, 26, or Portland, Ore., repeatedly stomped on the face of a client with his Jordan shoes when the man refused to pay Clardy's prostitute. The man required stitches and plastic surgery after the beating, The Oregonian reports.

I disagree.

It states that he stomped on his face. The word stomp only applies when you are talking about someone using their legs not their hands.

My bad.
I withdraw my statements. This guy is a menace.
Ive heard of keeping your pimp hand strong but this is overboard.

V

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I thought pimps wore alligator loafers?
At least it wasnt this guy.

edit on 12-1-2014 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Well by the complainants definition of dangerous, this article should come with a warning label too, because now that I have read it, I am having to fight the urge to strangle several idiots, slowly.

The fact of the matter is, that virtually any object COULD, if used in a fashion which stands well outside the norms of behaviour expected from human beings in an allegedly civilised society, be used to seriously injure, or kill someone. It would not be easy, but I could kill someone with a stapler, a paintbrush, a pair of pliers, a sponge, and indeed the shirt on my back. The thing that prevents me from doing so on a regular basis, for profit or psychological gratification, is that I know the difference between right and wrong, and have chosen not to engage with seriously unrighteous behaviour.

The douchenozzle who is making this complaint however, should understand that he is only in a position to have found out how "dangerous" the footwear item he is complaining about is, because he is (for want of a better phrase) utter scum, the like of which would be better dealt with by immediate and total termination, than any kind of due process, and that it is only the infinite patience of society with a piece of crap like himself, which allows him to continue breathing, and messing the place up with his foul presence, for which he ought to be damned grateful, or at least grateful enough to shut his damned fool mouth, and serve his sentence with whatever remains of his dignity.

What a bloody disgrace!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Beating someone with a shoe is like the ultimate pimp move. There is no greater sign of disrespect.

I don't know. Urinating on someone's face seems high on that list.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepImpactX

But it still leaves the question, that is being what would a person who is sentenced to such a long time going to do with that amount of money? He can not have access to it, could not use it for any nice things, and his victims could under the different laws of the country, turn around and sue to take it from him. Not to mention all of the attorneys that would charge for a percentage of such, so what is there to gain from such, beyond just wasting the courts time and tax payer money?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
First I laughed, then I laughed, and then I laughed some more... but then... I read...

Unfortunately, in the U.S., District Attorneys are the undisputed kings of trumped–up charges (aka: frivolous litigation), and it appears this man may have actually been charged with the felony of "assault with a deadly weapon" (the shoe). If this is the case, then what first appears to be an insane lawsuit becomes a clever way to highlight the DA's erroneous charge (certainly not the "spin" the article attempts to portray).

If the DA wishes to pursue the precedent of shoes being "deadly weapons" then I fully support this man's clever attempt to highlight such. There are more than enough laws on the books to put away a bad man, good man, or any man without DA's furthering the agenda, and common practice of, heaping on piles of trumped–up charges which further clog up the court system.
edit on 1/13/14 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

dashen

Lingweenie

In June, Sirgiorgio Sanford Clardy, 26, or Portland, Ore., repeatedly stomped on the face of a client with his Jordan shoes when the man refused to pay Clardy's prostitute. The man required stitches and plastic surgery after the beating, The Oregonian reports.

I disagree.

It states that he stomped on his face. The word stomp only applies when you are talking about someone using their legs not their hands.

My bad.
I withdraw my statements. This guy is a menace.
Ive heard of keeping your pimp hand strong but this is overboard.

V

That video is epic! Haha!
Ronald Reagan wins.

"I like it here!"
"Well I can change that in a hurry. SMACK!"
Haha

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by JayinAR

Beating someone with a shoe is like the ultimate pimp move. There is no greater sign of disrespect.

True. And the funny thing is that there are people who like that sort of crazy crap.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by JayinAR

Some people love that though..

I hope this gets dismissed without a second thought. Almost ANYTHING can be used as a weapon, that doesn't mean we should put warnings on EVERYTHING. Some people have no common sense..

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

<< 1   >>

join