It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accenture named lead contractor for Obamacare website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well in the dust of disgraced contractor CGI (the Prism Proctors), a new outfit has come to light.

A company named "Accenture" is here to rescue the embarrassed ObamaCare website.

Of course this comes with possible graft, corruption and who knows what else.

It seems the gleaming Accenture has skeletons and smoke haze to hurdle.

Yes, they have admitted to fraud against the U.S. Government and agreed to pay a fine of $67 million.

But that's OK right?

GCI, the “international” firm hired to build the ObamaCare online machine has been fired, walking away with millions, probably billions, of American taxpayer dollars. In comes Accenture, hired by Obama to fix his mess. Accenture has agreed to pay $63.7 million for defrauding the U.S. government.

“Accenture has agreed to resolve allegations that it received kickbacks for its recommendations of hardware and software to the government,” the US Department of Justice said in a statement. The firm also “fraudulently inflated prices and rigged bids in connection with federal information technology contracts,” the statement said. Read more at Poor Richard’s News

CGI, by the way, owns PRISM. PRISM is the platform the National Security Agency (NSA) uses to gather our data. Do you think, maybe, CGI had to be paid-off to walk away? Think about what they know about the NSA.

Big Obama Donor, Accenture Paid $90M to Fix GCI ObamaCare Mess: Accenture Fined $63.7M for Defrauding US Government

Beyond Insanity
Sister Story

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Or they are friends.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
And of course, the people who didn't build the code and know nothing about it will now be expected to fix it ... insanity!

We are dealing with this where I work. The person who coded our calendar editor program left the company, so now, they are using a buggy program that no one knows how to fix the roots of, and every time they try to "fix" it, they only wind up injecting more bugs into the program.

One would think that this will be what happens with the Obamacare website unless they tear it down and start all over so that their coders are the one working on it.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
My country is ran by idiots. Well, not idiots, but pretenders of being idiots. It's one big scripted reality show.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

At $677,000,000 and counting, maybe this thing is going to be much more than just a health insurance website...

In 1974, I presented my ideas in the context of a utopian/dystopian novel entitled Memoirs of the Future. In it two totally different countries are juxtaposed: Terra and FWF. Both incorporate features which represent extrapolations, in two very distinct directions, of present-day social, political, technological and cultural trends.

In Terra a gigantic complex of interrelated computers, called Coordinating Computer Complex or CCC, is used by the Terrans for coordinating the activities of a society in which all forms of government have vanished, having been replaced by grass roots forms of participatory democracy. These manifestations of participatory democracy are embodied in various protocols for coordinated group decision making, or cogdem. Due to the possibilities afforded by CCC as a source of technological means for instantaneous visual, verbal and written communication between all members of any Terran community—from local neighborhoods to the entire country—any member of such a community can come forward with innovative ideas that initiate cogdem protocols. Any such proposal is then deliberated according to the cogdem rules devised by Terran mathematical sociologists, meant to eliminate redundancy and enhance decision-making efficiency. Once a mini-max point in the debate is reached, beyond which further discussion would become wasteful and counter-productive, the appropriate programs of CCC automatically submit the final choice between the proposed alternatives to a voting procedure involving all those concerned. The voting can be carried out virtually instantaneously by each individual concerned due to the advanced computer technology available to every Terran in his or her home and workplace.

Thus, the need for any political leaders—or, for that matter, of any leaders at all—is effectively nullified. Instead, legislative and executive initiatives are at everybody's disposal, and are governed by a "code of social decency," inculcated into Terrans as part of their educational process. As with the rules of "civilized behavior" in contemporary countries, the rules of this code make for social harmony in Terra, but at a socially much deeper level. The resulting workings of the system are not the expression of a person, class, or special interest group, but of the popular will of all Terrans. By directly participating in all important decisions that affect their own lives, Terrans have a personal stake in the welfare of all their communities—from local neighborhoods to the global level involving all of Terra.

By contrast, in FWF, a counterpart of CCC is used by those in power to monitor and control all working individuals through computer-integrated bank accounts, centralized employment records and other bureaucratic devices, coordinated by means of social security numbers assigned to each citizen from the moment of birth. This reflects a scenario anticipated by Aldous Huxley in the Foreword of the 1963 edition of his Brave New World, where he stated that "it is probable that all the world's governments will become completely totalitarian." Thus, in FWF the epitome of a totalitarian corporate state has been achieved: the rich and powerful govern a docile populace conditioned by subliminal techniques, which have originated in the present era, to react with Pavlovian predictability to the subliminal cues of their masters. The same technology that in Terra is liberating, in FWF is surreptitiously enslaving.
Source

I'm actually open to the concept of Terra, but CCC sounds exactly like what we have now.

edit on 11-1-2014 by Bone75 because: oops

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Yes, they have admitted to fraud against the U.S. Government and agreed to pay a fine of $67 million. But that's OK right?

The way I see it somebody should be doing time behind bars. Why is it when a company that makes millions or billions does something illegal all they have to do is say sorry and pay a fine. The American justice system is a joke.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Having worked for, and with, Accenture on many many occasions...

This will be a marriage....a marriage of epic proportions....

Accenture delights in creating mounds upon mounds of senseless paperwork. It could be because their parent company was originally Arthur Anderson consulting. Another disgraced firm. Accenture "spun itself off from" Arthur Anderson consluting.

Oh, and let's not forget...Accenture also farms out its work to it's children entities around the world. Such as, the Philippines. Or India. Why? Because it can pay the people working for them in these countries much less than what they are paying US employees. And, all under the guise of "we're not outsourcing", because these *are* Accenture employees.

My personal favorite situation was when we were working on a huge deadline with a deeply embedded Accenture team. All of their technical work was coming from their Manilla office. Well, guess what....not only was there the HUGE time difference to deal with...but, there was also the occasional "Work Holiday" that the Philippine Government would just RANDOMLY impose because they got a bug up their a$$ and decided to impose it.

Yeah, I sense NOTHING but GOOD THINGS for the average US citizen coming out of this.....

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

buster2010

Yes, they have admitted to fraud against the U.S. Government and agreed to pay a fine of $67 million. But that's OK right?

The way I see it somebody should be doing time behind bars. Why is it when a company that makes millions or billions does something illegal all they have to do is say sorry and pay a fine. The American justice system is a joke.

Somebody? Why don't you come out and name the POTUS as part of the scam or is that against your party pride? HE (as in OBAMA) is the one who hired them, well of course unless he knew nothing about it.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

zeroBelief

... their parent company was originally Arthur Anderson consulting. Another disgraced firm. Accenture "spun itself off from" Arthur Anderson consluting.

Yes, and I hope we all remember who Arthur Andersen Houston office's biggest customer in 2001 was Enron ....
en.wikipedia.org...

Thought this little bit of info might bring this around full circle: Michelle Obama Princeton Alumni Class of '85 graduated with CGI federal CEO Toni Townes-Whitley both of which serve on the board of the Association of Black Princeton Alumni.
www.factcheck.org...

I'm sure that CGI was awarded the no bid contract on it's merits alone, they done such a great job handling the GOV website (sarcastic).

I'm still wrapping my head around this, and it was the first thing I thought of reading about CGI passing the torch to Accenture. We have the accounting firm that was behind the scenes of the dot com bubble burst taking over for the ones that worked behind the scenes creating the Health Care Bubble... Are they ready to pop it?

ATSer's I'm sure we could come up with a few more dots to connect, help me out....

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

MonkeyMentat

zeroBelief

... their parent company was originally Arthur Anderson consulting. Another disgraced firm. Accenture "spun itself off from" Arthur Anderson consluting.

Yes, and I hope we all remember who Arthur Andersen Houston office's biggest customer in 2001 was Enron ....
en.wikipedia.org...

Thought this little bit of info might bring this around full circle: Michelle Obama Princeton Alumni Class of '85 graduated with CGI federal CEO Toni Townes-Whitley both of which serve on the board of the Association of Black Princeton Alumni.
www.factcheck.org...

Oh, there is absolutely no doubt that the no-bid contract went to Michelle's old pals because they were pals. DC is so full of this form of cronyism it's just not even funny. The idea alone that such a thing as a "no-bid" contract exists is painful. I am certain that in times of emergency it's a good thing. Especially with a known entity. But, here, clearly we have an unknown entity in CGI.

I for one would like to see a court hearing to come to an understanding of what the technical qualifications CGI actually brought to the table were. And frankly, if there were none, we need reform in place, and also need criminal penalties placed against the Obamas for their cronyism. And no, I'm not talking about financial sums.

MonkeyMentat
I'm sure that CGI was awarded the no bid contract on it's merits alone, they done such a great job handling the GOV website (sarcastic).

I'm still wrapping my head around this, and it was the first thing I thought of reading about CGI passing the torch to Accenture. We have the accounting firm that was behind the scenes of the dot com bubble burst taking over for the ones that worked behind the scenes creating the Health Care Bubble... Are they ready to pop it?

ATSer's I'm sure we could come up with a few more dots to connect, help me out....

Well, as someone who lived in the DC area for just under 25 years, and worked in the whole mess with the Federal Gov't and the Military as my end client about 90% of the time, I can simply say that Accenture is one of the remaining big 5 (if that even exists any more) consulting firms. They are so entrenched as a firm within the infrastructure, many have "permanent" desks/offices at their client sites.

Why?

Because our government decided that it looked better on paper to have various functional and almost all technical resources to be on a consulting contract rather than have them in house. Many times, the folks who did the jobs (say, in Accounting, or in IT that focused on supporting Accounting, for instance) were simply hired by Accenture. Their paychecks changed as far as who they were coming from, but little else changed.

So, while you're looking at Accenture...look at a few others as well....

CACI
SAIC
Deloitte
KPMG
Booz Allen & Hamilton
Raytheon
Titan
Lockheed Martin

And this is just the tip of the beltway brotherhood as it exists today.

new topics

top topics

join