It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite name changes & relocations , Benghazi Survivors finally speak.. and blast White House story

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

edit on 12-1-2014 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Nice that you overlooked how the Republicans were pushing for an attack but when Obama went through with it they suddenly said they were against it.

What ?

WHO IS THE GD PRESIDENT ?

That would be Obama oh and the Democrats were on board with is who can forget this :

I wonder if that was like how the Democrats were 'against' Iraq, and Afghanistan, and droning people, and there has been MORE of the same for the last 6 years.

The Democrats were 'against' killing and invading countries til they were 'for' it.

Two weeks before we attacked Libya McCain was on tv saying we should take Gaddafi out. Did they get upset because we didn't get bogged down in another pointless war that could last for years?

MCcain aint the GD topic of the thread neither is Bush or the Patriot Act.

I suggest doing some effing research instead of just regurgitating political talking points that were designed with nothing else to put the current potus, and the Democrats in power.

Real history instead of that GD revisionist history the current administration defenders are infamous for:

Then I suggest looking up the Omnibus CounterTerrism act of the 90s. Joe Biden wrote it:

Months before the Oklahoma City bombing took place, Biden introduced another bill called the Omnibus Counterterrorism Act of 1995. It previewed the 2001 Patriot Act by allowing secret evidence to be used in prosecutions, expanding the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and wiretap laws, creating a new federal crime of “terrorism” that could be invoked based on political beliefs, permitting the U.S. military to be used in civilian law enforcement, and allowing permanent detention of non-U.S. citizens without judicial review.* T

www.washingtonsblog.com...

Pay close attention there.

The Omnibus Counter Terrorism Act, and the FISA:

The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 ("FISA" Pub.L. 95–511, 92 Stat. 1783, 50 U.S.C. ch. 36) is a United States federal law which prescribes procedures for the physical and electronic surveillance and collection of "foreign intelligence information" between "foreign powers" and "agents of foreign powers" (which may include American citizens and permanent residents suspected of espionage or terrorism).[1] The law does not apply outside the United States. It has been repeatedly amended since the September 11 attacks.

en.wikipedia.org...

The current Potus knew and campaigned 'against' spying, lookie here its 2014 and the US government is bigger, and badder than ever.

And Some people have the GD nerve to blame Bush ?

OH hell no that demagogic bubble sure the eff don't hunt.

There's the truth like blame one guy who got elected in 2000 for what the US has always been doing since the invention of the telephone. to the cold war, and to the current day.

Biggest fact of it all is blaming one guy(Bush) who was there for only 8 years, and the congressman who passed that bullsnip were there during the creation of the Omnibus Counterterrorism Act, and the FISA act.

You know the DECADES they have been there.
edit on 12-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Fox still milking the Benghazi teet dry.

It's the sound of a war drum from a dying party.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

rupertg
Fox still milking the Benghazi teet dry.

It's the sound of a war drum from a dying party.

Don't you mean, "What difference does it make?"

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

buster2010
You are wrong here. Bush deserves the most blame because if it weren't for him there would be no patriot act. Sorry but ignorance is no excuse.

Yeah, because he wrote it and then made the House pass it 357 to 66 and the Senate 98 to 1. It does not get to his desk if all the other tool bags do not vote for it.

Bush preyed on fear, and like just about everyone else in the country was caught up in the politics of the moment, looking back on it now it was like mass temporary insanity. Bush isn't blameless, he should hang for it however, Obama had years of no results and time to think over the ramifications not to mention his own educational and professional experience. Lets not forget why Obama was elected in the first place. He was a reformer that understood these issues and knew we needed to get rid of them.

Things didn't quite work out that way once he got into office.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rupertg

What gave you the idea that the Republican party was dying? Because they lost the Presidential election? That may have happened but they certainly gained ground in Congress and will probably gain more ground this November. You know during the Bush years, Republicans would remark that the Democrats were a dying party. But last I checked, being the minority party means you don't get your way most of the time, but it doesn't mean that you are dying and about to be irrelevant. Most of the blue states are on the coasts. You do know that there is a whole middle of the country right? Yeah that part is all DEEP red. Calling the minority party "dying" is just a gloating tactic used by the majority party and even starts to become absurd after they've been in office for close to 8 years and everyone is tired of their antics and want to put in the other party (that proceeds to do nothing beneficial for the country).
edit on 12-1-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Obama is catching more flak because he has accelerated the deception and his divide and conquer campaign has made more enemies than friends.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

JiggyPotamus
While I agree that the government lied about what occurred during the attacks, something needs to be straightened out. You cannot blame Obama for everything, like these sorts of lies were coined by him. Multiple presidents, including Bush, the previous president, told MAJOR lies while in office, yet Obama is catching more flak than anyone before him. In fact, didn't Bush's lies get us embroiled in a war that has cost thousands of American lives, not to mention trillions of dollars? But Obama is so much worse when it comes to transparency and illegal actions.

I've even heard people say that Obama was to blame because he extended the Patriot Act, yet they don't get mad at the president who actually initiated it in the first place. That makes zero sense. So for those who would criticize Obama, while not doing the same to Bush, you are a political hypocrite, to put it bluntly. You are basing your assessments on personal political bias. But for those who would criticize all wrongdoing, no matter if it toward a democrat or republican, by all means, continue. That is fair and balanced. But so many do not wish to operate in a fair and just manner.

With all due respect...I disagree. Forgetting the politics of it all, Obama came into his presidency claiming "Hope and Change" and a whole lot more. He promised that his employment as president would be different, honest, transparent and he would actually fix things.

The fact is he lied...or he failed. Your choice. But while in office and during the many real scandals, he lied over and over, changing the lies to different lies and even lied at the level of "the Sun revolves around the Earth". I mean...obvious, you have to be a moron to believe lies. Maybe call them denials if that makes people feel better. And...his lies were to protect himself and his people. THIS is what gets me most. Obama was not elected and paid to protect himself and his people...he was put into his position to get things done and if he or his people fail, he must accept responsibility and do what needs to be done to correct the problem.

And as much as people will say...well, he doesn't control everything. I call BS. He is responsible for every government action or inaction under his watch. Sure...much of that is by his appointees but he chose these people and these people are loyal to the point of also lying to support the democratic regime. NO MATTER WHAT!!! Lies are fine all the time, denial is just perfect, blame is a weapon, etc. All of this and this attitude, along with the attacks against opponents and anyone who thinks differently are the actions of a tyrant...not a US president.

The point I always like to make about any president is this. You won the election by 50+% of the vote. Regardless of the actual percentages, a portion of the citizens of this country didn't vote for you or support your beliefs. A manager, which the president is, needs to address these people also...not just the ones that voted for him. Winning the presidency isn't a call to push your personal, political agenda. You must look at everyone...every citizen and act in everyone's best interest. Sure...a bit weighted toward the majority that elected you, but NOT BY IGNORING OR ATTACKING those who didn't.

That is not a President...that is a Tyrant. Obama is a tyrant and the mentality of the entire democratic party has changed to a mind-set of "do what we want", "do what is best for us" and "us against them". Well guys...the them is nearly 50% of the country. So...to put it bluntly...the President and the democrats attack and ignore a huge part of the citizenship of this country completely. They don't even consider them in the least. THEY ARE THE ENEMY! Really? I thought the Presidency was for ALL THE PEOPLE...not just "yours".

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Did you forget the "/sarcasm" at the end?

Five years into Obama's presidency and we are still blaming Bush?

Bush was blamed for EVERYTHING that happened during the four years prior to his time in office, his eight years in office, and the five years after his time in office. The man was a super-genius for so many to consider him borderline retarded.

I always thought the President was going to get the blame (the buck stops) . It happened to Carter, Reagan, and both Bushes. Somehow, Clinton and Obama get free rides.

So, for nothing to be Obama's fault he has to be the most inept President rather than the worst. It has to be one way or the other.

It's 2014, please stop blaming Bush for the issues with the current administration. Especially the issues created BY this administration.

I usually agree with most of your posts. this one just jumped out at me. Sorry if it came out as abrasive and/or rude as I meant neither by my response.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

200Plus

Did you forget the "/sarcasm" at the end?

Five years into Obama's presidency and we are still blaming Bush?

Bush was blamed for EVERYTHING that happened during the four years prior to his time in office, his eight years in office, and the five years after his time in office. The man was a super-genius for so many to consider him borderline retarded.

Really, it's just that yes Bush was that bad. He screwed things up so badly that we're still trying to fix them and things happening now can be directly linked to his policies (just as some things Clinton did can be linked to what happened under Bush... it takes time for the effect of a policy to be felt).

Obama however said he would fix these things, but he didn't. At first I believed it was due to obstructionism, the Republicans wanted to make him a 1 term president and Obama was simply working within political realities if he wanted to see a second term. Then he became a 4 year lame duck, and it continued. Instead of even trying to fix things though, it's like he has just given up and in some cases done the exact opposite. I've been saying since about 2010 that Obama was the third (and now fourth) term of Bush. There was a period of about a year where he was different, but that's long gone. Obama has continued and expanded everything Bush did.

The only winner out of all of this is Jimmy Carter, because they've collectively shifted him from the worst to the third worst president in history.

If you want a conspiracy Obama is a great one. He came in as a reformer, worked to change the system, and then all of a sudden did a complete 180. Someone or some group got to him.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Bush is no longer in office,, what a waste of energy and time complaining about him.. Of course he is to blame for the inauguration of the Patriot act. That is old news and very well known. Do you really believe focusing attention on him will produce results? Obama is in the here and now, not to mention he has greatly expanded the evil act to nefarious levels. If i thought complaining about Bush would help the situation, trust me i would scream it from the rooftops..It will do no good.. kinda like screaming about obama's enhancement of the act.. Does no good ! But hey.. at least we can keep our health plan if we like it....the rantings of a pathological liar aka obama

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Awesome post Gardener ! Well thought out, Well presented and Oh So True !

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
What's baffling about Benghazi is how it has turned into a political, left-right squabble.

It's simple, Chris Stevens was in Bengazi to be killed, which is why requests for additional security were denied, and why the military was told to stand down. Chris Stevens knew something he shouldn't and had the documents to back it up, so the administration used the video as cover for a hit, the alleged spontaneity of which allowed sufficient time to clear the embassy of any damning documentation. I'm guessing ambassador Stevens was going to blow the whistle on the State Department's treasonous dealings with known terror groups, with evidence pointing all the way to the top. Hillary had to frag him to preserve her own political career.

But what difference does it make!?
edit on Sun18Sun, 12 Jan 2014 22:18:00 -06003114Sun by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

While I agree that the government lied about what occurred during the attacks, something needs to be straightened out. You cannot blame Obama for everything, like these sorts of lies were coined by him.

I agree to a certain extent. But as far as I am concerned a President of any Nation should not have the luxury of playing the blame game. If he made the wrong call, well I don't think anyone in their right mind would think that the position of Presidency is an easy job. A real Leader should face his mistakes and not try to cover them up. That does nothing but create what we have now.

Multiple presidents, including Bush, the previous president, told MAJOR lies while in office, yet Obama is catching more flak than anyone before him. In fact, didn't Bush's lies get us embroiled in a war that has cost thousands of American lives, not to mention trillions of dollars? But Obama is so much worse when it comes to transparency and illegal actions.

I cannot argue with what your saying about Bush. I agree completely, but that in no way should be a reason for that exact same kind of leadership to continue.

I've even heard people say that Obama was to blame because he extended the Patriot Act, yet they don't get mad at the president who actually initiated it in the first place. That makes zero sense. So for those who would criticize Obama, while not doing the same to Bush, you are a political hypocrite, to put it bluntly. You are basing your assessments on personal political bias. But for those who would criticize all wrongdoing, no matter if it toward a democrat or republican, by all means, continue. That is fair and balanced. But so many do not wish to operate in a fair and just manner.

I agree.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Wow, career government employees have supposedly had their careers threatened over speaking out concerning Benghazi.

Isn't this what verifiedly happened to Valerie Plame and Joe Wilson, speaking out the false claims of yellow cake that Iraq supposedly had, by the Bush II administration. Except it was even worse then because Valerie Plame herself did not whistleblow, but had her secret cover blown by Bush's and Cheney's minions. And that issue dealt with an illegal, illegitimate war that has killed some four thousand plus US troops, and wounded tens of thousands more (and then their are the related Iraq-war veteran suicides at the rate of 22/day), not to mention the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis killed, millions wounded and forced to become refugees.

But the Benghazi-crowing crew continue to raise a furor over four dead Americans. What an incredible double standard you folk have.

And please no dissembling, sophistic posts about how I am trying to avoid the subject by bringing up the Bush crime family and his illegitimate regime. He was the most recent former president, and how people treated his actions in comparison to how people treat the current president's is totally relevant to this conversation.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Actually Biden was the original authored of the Patriot Act.

If you haven't noticed. The RINO progressive part of the GOP and the Democons are align with each other like the WWE.

U can tell because they look like best friends together, but on radio and tv they act like enemies.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

neo96

You cannot blame Obama for everything,

OH Hell Effing yes I can.

ESPECIALLY when it comes to Benghazi.

It was Obama who decided to bomb the hell out of them after 30 years of nothing but silence.

That is on Obama.

Hold on there partner....Libya asked for it when they attacked us at um...you know uh...Well Ghadaffi deserved it because he uh...umm...well just look at that moustache man. that just aint right!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
what I've always wanted to know is why would Stevens go there in the first place without proper and/or a enhanced security force?...I know this is going to sound cruel, but he is the one ultimately to blame for this. his lack of judgment cost others their lives, he was the one there, he could have called off that trip, and waited....

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

jimmyx
what I've always wanted to know is why would Stevens go there in the first place without proper and/or a enhanced security force?...I know this is going to sound cruel, but he is the one ultimately to blame for this. his lack of judgment cost others their lives, he was the one there, he could have called off that trip, and waited....

Maybe he was told to go, by someone high in the State Department.

But hey, "What difference does it make?"

edit on 13-1-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

JiggyPotamus
While I agree that the government lied about what occurred during the attacks, something needs to be straightened out. You cannot blame Obama for everything, like these sorts of lies were coined by him. Multiple presidents, including Bush, the previous president, told MAJOR lies while in office, yet Obama is catching more flak than anyone before him. In fact, didn't Bush's lies get us embroiled in a war that has cost thousands of American lives, not to mention trillions of dollars? But Obama is so much worse when it comes to transparency and illegal actions.

Who is more of a lying hypocrite? They guy who started the patriot act or the guy who campaigned on ending it but then expands it when he gets in the position of power?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join