It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan to create mini nuclear melt down

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Japan will artificially create a mini nuclear meltdown to better understand how to contain future melt downs.

[url=http://www.theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/2014/1/11/

Please help fix link???

Are they friggin nuts??? As if the world will let them do that... Time for China to applying pressure me thinks.
edit on 11-1-2014 by bigbiy666 because: cos the links broken and my mobile telephone sux

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Seems a bit redundant since they've got three reactors melting down as we speak.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Thanks bud

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well, they have already had a major meltdown X3 so far, why not test it in a micron scale, this "test" is for more than you think....

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I keep thinking nuke power is like PCP to the earth... Gives us the hit the human race needs but destroys mother earth in the process.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

bigbiy666

Japan will artificially create a mini nuclear meltdown to better understand how to contain future melt downs.

Please help fix link???

Sure, here is a corrected link:

Japan scientists to create ‘controlled’ nuclear meltdown

I would think a controlled meltdown is an oxymoron. I guess that's why they put the single quotes around controlled.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

I would think a controlled meltdown is an oxymoron.

Why?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
WTF, seriously? Insanity!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbiy666

How is it their so fascinated by the damn things ?

Now I'm starting to understand why they just let things
get so out of control.

They must think it's pretty!

And they always wanna make a smaller version of everything ! What's up with that ?

I suppose we can expect to see a miniquake and a minitsunami soon to follow ?

But seriously what the flip flop'n hell?
edit on 11-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

January 11, 2013 – JAPAN - A team of nuclear scientists in Japan said Thursday they plan to create a controlled reactor meltdown in a bid to learn how to deal with future disasters like that at Fukushima.

errrrr date seems odd

--------------------------

oh well typo it seems

source of source
edit on 11-1-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

The meltdown project, which will begin some time in the fiscal year that starts in April, will use a small fuel rod that that will undergo a very rapid fission process, the spokesman said.

He said it will be the first such experiment to be carried out by the Japanese agency, although similar projects have been done in major nations with atomic power such as the United States and France.

edit on 11-1-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Why are we even playing with this stuff?
Nuclear power is a short term fix from an energy production point of view... Guess the man needs something to go on the pointy end of their missiles!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Seriously...

This thing is world-changing in scope. Why would you retrace your steps while you still have dog-sh*t on your shoe???

It isn't even as simple as being able to scream for them to "Fix It Already"! Nobody I know of has found a WAY to even stop what is going on at this moment...

Gaia is dying, Long Live Gaia.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
They are aware the battle of Fukushima is lost, so they're preparing to perform mass Harakiri

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CornShucker

Because in their ego dominated, deluded little world they think they can control it.
One of the problems is that a mistake or error of judgement made locally usually has a globally devastating effect. Lets face it, in our lifetimes we are likely to see at least another massive nuclear reactor failure and it doesn't really matter where on the planet it is...

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
They are aware the battle of Fukushima is lost, so they're preparing to perform mass Harakiri

Or the place needs to be renamed FUGUshima!...after the poisonous puffer fish that they use as a death defying delicacy.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Why reinvent the wheel? Why not collaborate with countries who have done such experiments and learn from their successes and failures? Why not make a global nuclear team that can share information with nuclear powered countries, but that has the ability to specifically work on this particular problem? Putting many minds together to solve one problem would be a good focus of resources, considering the risk to the planet. There is no room for pride or glory seeking or making a name.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ENrgLee

melt·down noun \ˈmelt-ˌdau̇n\
: an accident in which the core of a nuclear reactor melts and releases radiation

: a very fast collapse or failure

: a very fast loss of emotional self-control

So a meltdown means a rapid loss of control, and you are going to try and control that?
Seems like an oxymoron too me. Make sure you ask why not as well when you ask why

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

ENrgLee
reply to post by ikonoklast

I would think a controlled meltdown is an oxymoron.

Why?

I could be mistaken, I'm an engineer not a nuclear physicist. But here is how I understand it to normally work...

Any given fuel rod would not sustain a chain reaction by itself, you need the stray particles from adjacent fuel rods. Control rods are inserted between fuel rods to prevent or control the particles from going between fuel rods. The rate of the chain reaction can be controlled by pulling out or pushing in control rods to control how much particle interaction there is between fuel rods. The chain reaction generates a lot of heat, and water is used to dissipate enough heat so that the fuel rods do not melt.

If something fails and the fuel rods get so hot as to melt down, the melted fuel pools at the bottom of the reactor. If the mass of this is sufficient to sustain a chain reaction, that's really bad. Control rods cannot be inserted because the fuel has melted into one mass at the bottom. You now have an uncontrolled chain reaction that you pretty much can't do anything about. This is apparently what is currently happening at Fukushima.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join