It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen if we bring conciousness to space?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Specimen
reply to post by JadeStar

Depends on how long you wanna stay in a closed space for. I doubt where they are staying is going to be huge.

The modules are going to be fairly big living quarters.

Think of a mansion on Mars. That's about the cubic feet/meters they're talking about.

People have this idea they're going to live in this tiny little tin can.

I'm not claustrophobic, but I don't like being stuck. But your right, that me personally

And yea, I have seen the new Mars one space suit. Still, nothing beats having an atmosphere, I can run naked an not care.

And that's if they all get along for that 3 three years without it being some possible horror movie, so it could be a long 3 years.

Like I said, they will be so busy with so many things that time is likely to fly by.

The other thing to keep in mind is new modules are going to arrive ahead of the new crew departing each time so their living space is going to be growing every year.

I mean, its still no picnic spot. The people that would go there would entirely have to forget earthly attachments. Cause from what I read, there is no turning back.

Yep. I was prepared to do that. What is gained on Mars in my opinion could not be matched by anything or any sight on Earth. To go cave exploring on Mars! To perhaps journey to Olympus Mons, the largest mountain in the solar system, or fly the length of the Valles Marineris. Not to mention hundreds of other really interesting places. It would be enthralling. A chance of a lifetime.

The other thing to keep in mind is that if Mars One spurs other exploration of Mars and more importantly, the building of infrastructure to get there on a regular basis through something like Buzz Aldrin's Cycler spacecraft or a even a speedy fusion pulse rocket then there is no reason why some of the colonists couldn't return home 20 years after touching down.

Even though that is not in the plan and there is no guarantee that would happen it remains a possibility.

NASA's own Mars Mission is planned for 2030-2035 so they'd have some company on the Red Planet only 5-10 years after the first crew arrived and 2-4 years after Mars Two arrived.

edit on 13-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join