It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen if we bring conciousness to space?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by wildespace

But isnt our environment made of sub atomic particles?

Every environment is made of sub atomic particles. The whole universe is made of them.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

so whats the difference between the ones on mars and the ones on earth if their the same but everything is made of them

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

onequestion

If sub atomic particles are the same everywhere then why does it look so different on mars then it does earth?

What do you mean look so different on mars than on the earth? It's a totally different planet, with different geology and a different atmosphere.

The physics behind the composition of both planets is the same.
edit on 12-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

So is consciousness a result of a brain synopsis firing off?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

onequestion

Probably. The more we learn about the brain, the more that seems to be the case.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Consciousness is energy.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Haha, this is exactly the problem with today's science, no one is brave enough to go further, they're just quoting established ideas.
Don't say something is impossible, eventually you'll be proved wrong.
In the end, science exist today only from the fact that we humans have huge imagination and our conciousness as a tool to poke that imagination.
All I want from you as a scientist, is to apply your scientific tools on imagination. That's how we progress.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Consciousness is energy...It is to laugh sometimes. If the universe is of an electric nature, with 1000's of various magnetic frequencies or wavelengths that have different strengths, while many lifeforms on our planet have their own bioelectricity, or magnetic field. Then it pretty hard to determine what the over all nature of consciousness is.

This is were the New Age screwed up when it tries to assimilate knowledge like a Borg collective, but it does not compute ...And they are trying to tell abstract scientists this who lack the imagination? I don't blame science for being strict in it views, since they only accept what works in theory and reality.
edit on 12-1-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Goedhardt
So, I'm really interested in the Mars One projects and others alike.
I've been looking to get educated on the basics of quantem physics.

So my question to ats'ers who know more about this than me:

What will happen if we bring conciousness to (ie) mars?
The ways things work change in quantem physics, if we bring conciousness to it. So thats why I'm wonderring, if it can change mars if we go over there?

It kept me awake for some nights now, so please help

edit on 17-05-1983 by Goedhardt because: Becouse i want to...

My personal take,

The ones going there wont make it there sane if they get there alive.

We are not ready to jump across to the next platform when we still have yet to find our footing on this one or even explore this one fully.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Ur thinking cabin fever also? Personally I think they need a bigger group.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Do you have any other theories about it or thought about it?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

Ur thinking cabin fever also?

Nah , not really,

more to the tune of humans being anchored or connected to Earth in a spiritual sense,

to distance the physical bodies of the two creates a stress on the soul or the energy that is unknown(the spark of life).

Personally I think they need a bigger group

As we are connected to Earth (in my opinion) we are also connected to each other,

So in believing so, I could agree that a large group, enough for a community large enough to start a new civilization would work or succeed as a mission to get there and begin a new life, as the connection between each other and the will to live will overcome any bond or chain that might hold us here on earth.

My beliefs in this go well beyond the bounds of any real science and is more of discussion for the philosophy and metaphysics forum.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

True, it like Dorothy, when she says there is no place like home.

I also think a huge factor could be claustrophobia, because you gotta be in a suit if your outside the shelter they are staying at. Just the lack of freedom without relying on a piece of technology.

I personally couldn't stand being so restricted due to the lack of environment on Mars.

Plus it will take three years after the first four people have landed, and set up base before they send more people if I remember the article correctly.
edit on 12-1-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

onequestion

Do you have any other theories about it or thought about it?

About consciousness?

Not really theories. I'd need to be more involved in neuroscience to develop those.

What I do have is speculation, but it is of little value since it's just based on imagination, nothing real. Basically it goes something like this...

Biology becomes self aware and thus conscious.
Biology creates technology.
Technology becomes so sophisticated that it becomes self aware and thus conscious.
Technology creates technology which reaches a limit which can only be surpassed with the help of or by Biology.
Technology then creates new Biology.
And thus the cycle repeats.

Perhaps that is how it plays out throughout the galaxy and universe as a whole?

Again. That's just me speculating. And my imagination speculation is of little to no value.
edit on 12-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Specimen

True, it like Dorothy, when she says there is no place like home.

I also think a huge factor could be claustrophobia,

There are people who don't get claustrophobic. I don't.

Neither does my ex. He was a submariner in the US Navy.

because you gotta be in a suit if your outside the shelter they are staying at. Just the lack of freedom without relying on a piece of technology.

The funny thing is every day we become more reliant on technology on Earth. And the suits used on Mars will be quite different than the moon suits. They will allow more personal freedom.

Plus you might get to ride around on ATVs, rovers or fly in a balloon.

It will be like the people who live under the sea for long stretches, the view outside will be well worth the hassle of having to don a wetsuit and oxygen tank to go outside.

I personally couldn't stand being so restricted due to the lack of environment on Mars.

That's just you though. Realize a lot of people aren't you. People like you wouldn't even sign up. They'd self select out of the process.

So many people seem to be looking at this through their own eyes of "well I wouldnt do it therefore no one should". Which is just wrong.

Plus it will take three years after the first four people have landed, and set up base before they send more people if I remember the article correctly.

two years. but those two years will go FAST for the people on Mars as they will be very busy. You know how it is when you work at something you love and look at the clock and boom what seemed like 15 minutes was 3 hours? It will be like that.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Don't have time to page through the whole thread, so sorry if someone already broached this:

But what makes you think Mars isn't already conscious?

(The earth is conscious, and anyone that's gone deep enough into meditation--with or without pharmacological aids or la medicina--already knows that)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I value your speculation and imagination more then your scientific knowledge.

For me the what ifs are far more fascinating.

Besides... without imaginative thought we wouldnt have science.
edit on 12-1-2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

onequestion

I value your speculation and imagination more then your scientific knowledge.

For me the what ifs are far more fascinating.

Besides... without imaginative thought we wouldnt have science.
edit on 12-1-2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

Thanks.

I have a pretty good imagination but I like to temper it with logic and reason.

I have my speculation on things which might exist but I don't typically post them on ATS because though they have a scientific basis there is no proof any of them are real.

What I do in my spare time is develop ways to test that speculation and design little thought exercises or experiments which could lead to a theory with some actual solid observational science behind it, or at least is testable in the observable universe.

Anyway, thank you for your kind words. I do appreciate them.

You're right though. All great science came from imagination first. Its the more rigorous part of turning that imagination into reality that is tricky.
edit on 13-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Depends on how long you wanna stay in a closed space for. I doubt where they are staying is going to be huge. I'm not claustrophobic, but I don't like being stuck. But your right, that me personally.

And yea, I have seen the new Mars one space suit. Still, nothing beats having an atmosphere, I can run naked an not care.

And that's if they all get along for that 3 three years without it being some possible horror movie, so it could be a long 3 years.

I mean, its still no picnic spot. The people that would go there would entirely have to forget earthly attachments. Cause from what I read, there is no turning back.
edit on 13-1-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join