It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rising above

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I have been in a slump the past few months. The passing of my dad, the lack of a job, and just plain being fed up with things.
I have decided enough is enough. I am pulling out all the stops and making a name for myself.

A few days ago i started off on a small business venture that i hope proves fruitful. I have started a web design and hosting business.
One aimed at smaller local business's. The idea is to provide a cheap advertising venue to help people get their business names out there.

I have a few thought processes behind this plan of mine.

1) A way to grow my abilities

2) A way to make money and live better

3) Economic growth of the area

4) Cheap advertising

5) Keeping my mind occupied

My hope it to ultimately grow and expand my business. To supply customers with a way to grow and expand their business's. To provide low cost advertising; e-business cards to help business's connect with customers easily.

As a customer service rep, it will also help me to be less socially awkward.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions or questions?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Right there with you.

The last year hasn't treated me too well. Although I would probably be my own worst enemy.

Making my own business has been an interest of mine. I never really liked the fact having to work for someone else. I enjoy my flexibility.

But, hope things go well for you. All you gotta do is work hard and stay determined. Things will start to unfold in the mean time.

Good luck.

-Ling

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm making a list of small business's in my area that dont have actual websites.
Monday morning i am going to canvas the city and offer my services.

I have got to stay busy or else i worry about things. I haven't felt so positive and useful in a long time.

I feel great things on the horizon for me, i just hope that it will all come together the way i would like.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Lingweenie
Right there with you.

The last year hasn't treated me too well. Although I would probably be my own worst enemy.

Making my own business has been an interest of mine. I never really liked the fact having to work for someone else. I enjoy my flexibility.

But, hope things go well for you. All you gotta do is work hard and stay determined. Things will start to unfold in the mean time.

Good luck.

-Ling

Sorry to hear that, I wish you the best.

I am my own worst enemy, i get down on myself and my situation.
I am forcing change, and a new direction for myself; instead of a downward spiral.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad.
The only mantra I ever tell my children is: if you think you can, you can, and if you think you can't, you can't.

Believe in yourself.

Wishing you loads of luck

B x

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

You know what, I can't offer you advice on your business. But I can wish you the very best of luck

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Good stuff. You are the one who can fulfill your dreams. No one else can.

My advice:

Start with what you have listed, and keep expectations low. Low expectations can help keep you from losing interest, and may help you more successfully execute your plan.

Once you have a solid handle on the initial plan, divirsify. Example: off site data storage for local businesses. Managed IT services, etc.

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I plan on off site data storage and a content distribution network. As well as a number of other side projects.
I totally understand, baby steps...got to grow into my new feet.

As a number of you pointed out, i am in control of my destiny. I have come to that realization a few days ago.
Not that i haven't always known it, but that i have more control over aspects of my life than i think.

I will continue to plug away at my goals. 2013 was a bad year for me, as it was for a lot of folk.
I am whole hog into making 2014 an amazing year for myself and those closest to me.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
My sympathies to you and your family. I lost my Dad in 07.
I wish you luck in your new business endeavors.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Best of luck to you in your new focus.
Be strong, believe in yourself, envision your future the way you want to create it.
So sorry about your dad.
Build something in his honor - your business could be a way to do that.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
He wanted nothing for me but to succeed. That's what i intend to do.

Thanks all for your well wishes. I'm going to need the flow of luck.

new topics

top topics

join