It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H5N1 Influenza Stopped Crossing US Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This headline is so unbelievably downright stupid I laughed out loud. The article itself is even more ridiculous. First the guy says "strict regulation and monitoring" of poultry imports is stopping H5N1 bird flu from crossing the border from Canada into the US. Then he says the disease is "spread by migrating fowl." So wild ducks and geese voluntarily quit migrating to stop at the border? They just sort of fly down and 'pull over' for inspection? Duh.

Remember - the Internets are full of trolls who steal, repackage, rewrite and sell anything they can - most of the time they do NOT know what the samhill they're talking about, and they're just too stupid to put the info together properly even when they have good sources. 'Course some "journalists" are actually paid for damage control; these are ones who lie through their teeth. Hard to tell which is which most times.

Just so you know, H5N1 bird flu has been hanging around factory farms in the USA for a good long while. Different clades than those in China but hey! Same strain.

H5N1 Influenza Stopped Crossing US Border

The H5N1 strain of influenza, or “bird flu,” is being stopped from crossing the United States (US) border by strict regulation and monitoring. ...

Spread by migrating fowl, the strain is housed and spread by bird saliva and droppings. When the droppings dry, they become ground into dust and inhaled as the means of transfer.

…With a case so close to home, US officials are exercising increased vigilance with respect to imported poultry, attempting to ensure that the H5N1 influenza strain is stopped at the border.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

The best way to prevent infection is to avoid contact with sick or deceased poultry (chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, etc). The US Government diligently controls which domestic and imported food products cross the border.

If this is the case then (locally) we're screwed. Where I'm at is goose city, at times it seems every goose in the NW flies through here and lands in the local lake. So those guys at the border must have missed a few (million.)

Interesting choice of name for this web site, guardianlv.com. Wonder if there's anything to that and their need for disclaimer.

This is neither the website of, nor affiliated in any way with, Guardian News and Media.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The best way to prevent infection is to avoid contact with sick or deceased poultry (chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, etc).

If this is the case then (locally) we're screwed. Where I'm at is goose city...

Total joke. H5N1 is endemic in Asia - meaning it's everywhere - in the soil, water, air, plants, insects, animals, everywhere. People supposedly get H7N9 from poultry but guess what? ...Nobody can find any poultry infected with H7N9. And why does H5N1 keep popping up here in North America? Where is it really coming from?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

soficrow
reply to post by Bassago

The best way to prevent infection is to avoid contact with sick or deceased poultry (chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, etc).

Total joke. H5N1 is endemic in Asia - meaning it's everywhere - in the soil, water, air, plants, insects, animals, everywhere. People supposedly get H7N9 from poultry but guess what? ...Nobody can find any poultry infected with H7N9. And why does H5N1 keep popping up here in North America? Where is it really coming from?

I think it comes from vaccines, so made/preserved in a lab to spread later...

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

hidingthistime

soficrow
reply to post by Bassago

I think it comes from vaccines, so made/preserved in a lab to spread later...

It's a much bigger story than that. Pushing Flu Vaccines, and the Codex Alimentarius

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

soficrow
reply to post by Bassago

Keep us posted will you?

Thanks

-FBB
edit on 11-1-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

top topics

join