It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this above the White House?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
In this picture taken earlier this week you can see an object in the upper right corner of the shot. Could it just be a bird or could it be something else?

i.imgur.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackJackal

Bird.

Or Aliens.

One of the above.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

A helicopter or a plane. Probably not over the white house as that is restricted airspace. Perspective is everything.

edit on AMu31u0110210312014-01-11T11:10:14-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Looks like a plane some distance away. Far beyond the 'plane' of the white house.
To me, anyway.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Looks like a bird, if you zoom close enough, you can see its flying towards the left, with its wings back. And its between the camera and white house, not very high.
edit on 11-1-2014 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Looks exactly like a classic flying saucer to me, zoomed in and everything.
I get how it could easily be a bird or a plane, but why does it have to look just like a UFO?

edit on 11-1-2014 by GoShredAK because: Grammer

edit on 11-1-2014 by GoShredAK because: Stupid iPad

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I'll tell you what it isn't. It isn't a Chinese lantern!
But as already said, it is a classic saucer shape. Will follow to see the verdict on this one.
First glance was a big fish shape.
But I think we can safely rule flying fish out as well.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Looks like a flying fish

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Or maybe it's one of Obama's personal toy drones

2nd

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Its an all seeing eye of course.

edit on 11-1-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It's a splat! no planes are allowed.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Not a bird. Or a plane. Not superman. Could be a flying fish. as one stated.
What about the new drone being used out at Aberdeen proving grounds? Someone here did say Obama's drone.

edit on 11-1-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Bird in flight wings parallel travelling left to right viewed from its right side.

zoom in a look carefully.

ETA: looking again i say its a Pigeon.

edit on 11/1/14 by ShayneJUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I grabbed it and zoomed it in paint.

It's way more pixelated than the tree is.

image can be zoomed by clicking image up to 3 times.
edit on (1/11/1414 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It's light from Venus reflecting on swamp gas from the Potomac, or it's a mirage from the 'heat shimmers' that rise from the White House from all the hot air thats bloviating from it. Either one ....
(seriously though ... I can't tell what it is)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Zoomed in

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if the white house had a miniature quadcopter drone (or multiple) that suvey the areas around the whitehouse, including the monuments. Just a thought imo. Thanks for sharing nonetheless!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Why are half of the folks commenting here making a joke of it? It's pretty annoying to have to search through all the jokes for a serious comment. Seriously, I'm fine with jokes, but at least add something serious about the subject to your comment as well.

Anyway, like a few others mentioned already, and looking at the colors of the blurred object, I think it's a bird as well. Flying birds tend to blur out badly when they're caught on photo's. Especially when you're not aiming for the bird in the first place. Here are a few examples:

edit on 11-1-2014 by TheWiseDwarf because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

TheWiseDwarf
Why are half of the folks commenting here making a joke of it? It's pretty annoying to have to search through all the jokes for a serious comment. Seriously, I'm fine with jokes, but at least add something serious about the subject to your comment as well.

Anyway, like a few others mentioned already, and looking at the colors of the blurred object, I think it's a bird as well. Flying birds tend to blur out badly when they're caught on photo's. Especially when you're not aiming for the bird in the first place. Here are a few examples:

edit on 11-1-2014 by TheWiseDwarf because: Grammar
What makes you think those are birds?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I think in cases like these, sure, it could be a ufo or the like. But from the pictures taken there will never be proof of what it is, so everyone can chime in and say what they think it might be. All we can do in most cases, is guess. My bet, is that it is a bird in mid-flight based on images that have popped up on ATS previously.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join