It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father sentenced to 6 months in jail for paying too much child support

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

ENrgLee
reply to post by LeatherNLace

This is simply baffling to me.

What's baffling about it?

Trying to be a part of your childs life is contemptable in the eyes of the law....

Seems pretty clear to me.

Not true and beware those who claim otherwise. I am on the crappy end of the stick regarding my children, but the courts haven't been the factor in that determination.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

dragonridr
Ok reading the article on fox is nothing like the one you quoted he was being taken to court for non payment of child support. Then when he realized according to him that his employer wasnt paying child support he runs down and pays 3 grand before court. Then gets in front of the judge and argues hes paid. At which time the Judge makes him pay for his wife's attorney since his lack of payment caused her to file suit. Now im betting there is a restraining order in here somewhere the article doesnt mention it but id his wife took out a restraining order. Then he is obliged to follow it like no showing up at the residence except to pick up your child for scheduled visitation. That is probably why hes in jail. If someone is more curious then me im sure they will find exactly that.

www.myfoxhouston.com...

Which is what the court case shows (as I posted the online record). It isn't as robust as I normally would like, but it sure reads that way. Good eyes Dragon...

Actually, it seems he had a "motion for contempt", filed on 4/26/13.
edit on 13-1-2014 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

never mind.
edit on 13-1-2014 by MysterX because: deleted post

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

ownbestenemy

dragonridr
Ok reading the article on fox is nothing like the one you quoted he was being taken to court for non payment of child support. Then when he realized according to him that his employer wasnt paying child support he runs down and pays 3 grand before court. Then gets in front of the judge and argues hes paid. At which time the Judge makes him pay for his wife's attorney since his lack of payment caused her to file suit. Now im betting there is a restraining order in here somewhere the article doesnt mention it but id his wife took out a restraining order. Then he is obliged to follow it like no showing up at the residence except to pick up your child for scheduled visitation. That is probably why hes in jail. If someone is more curious then me im sure they will find exactly that.

www.myfoxhouston.com...

Which is what the court case shows (as I posted the online record). It isn't as robust as I normally would like, but it sure reads that way. Good eyes Dragon...

Actually, it seems he had a "motion for contempt", filed on 4/26/13.
edit on 13-1-2014 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

The funny part is all the people that will come on here read this and assume the courts are just trying to destroy this guy. When in truth sounds to me hes just not in the right the mother is. But that doesnt make good head lines does it?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Not true and beware those who claim otherwise.

I was just stating the obviousness of the courts perspective.

I don't actually agree with the belief that trying to be in your childs life is contemptable.

I was being sardonic.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Here is the one that caught my eye....

Temporary injunctions were filed over and over. Finally the court issued a "capias"; which is a writ ordering the arrest of the named. My guess is that the court finally was fed up with this guy's behavior or no-shows.

The plaintiff (the mom) had been placing seeking temporary injunction from the court when it was finally (although it was asked in the past) for a dismissal in want of prosecution.

The man is no saint. He royally screwed up and thought that dropping mass amounts of monies in a short period could make it go away.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

ENrgLee

Not true and beware those who claim otherwise.

I was just stating the obviousness of the courts perspective.

I don't actually agree with the belief that trying to be in your childs life is contemptable.

I was being sardonic.

Fair enough, but given that this thread is heavily on this guy's side, with no knowledge other than his story and regardless of any possible failings on his part, has rallied behind him.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I have to deal with a FEMALE child support agent and a FEMALE judge everytime there is something concerning the CS case over my son. I have NEVER been screwed over be either one, and at one time I was almost 3,000 behind, but while I caught it up, I let them know of any changes in my address, phone number etc.
Right now, I am receiving 100% VA disability for individual unemployable, which increased my 186 a month payment to 450 a month. if it ever decreases, there is an open order to revert it back to the original amount.
They are not out to screw you, if you dont do the right thing, YOU SCREW YOURSELF. Cover your six with as much proof paperwork evidence etc to prove the other party (mother/father) is trying to mess with you. Chances are they will side with the correct party.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

but given that this thread is heavily on this guy's side

I can't say that I blame them.

with no knowledge other than his story and regardless of any possible failings on his part, has rallied behind him.

Again, I can't say that I blame them.

Maybe something will come to light in that he did something wrong....

But from the article, It looks like the court just decided that him being in his childrens life was "Wrong" and decided to hold him in contempt.

Just my $0.02

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ENrgLee

While it doesn't show testimony or minutes, the court documents posted by me pretty much show a picture of a person not complying with the court until it became too late. That is how I see it.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

ownbestenemy
reply to post by ENrgLee

While it doesn't show testimony or minutes, the court documents posted by me pretty much show a picture of a person not complying with the court until it became too late. That is how I see it.

Yeah a reporter not doing their homework should have realized the guys a jerk.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Threads like this should make ATSers feel ashamed and silly.

Not only that, it makes the quality of ATS sink like the Titanic.

It is amazing how many posters glom onto what is an obviously false title and propaganda, and run with it.

Never bothering to check the source. Never bothering to see if there is another side of the story. Then they start screaming about what is wrong with society and ready to put someone's head through a noose in the town square and charge to watch.

I am embarrassed for you people.

You are not on this site to look for the truth, you are just looking to get angry.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I thought that you can't take someone's disability money.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

nixie_nox
Threads like this should make ATSers feel ashamed and silly.

Not only that, it makes the quality of ATS sink like the Titanic.

It is amazing how many posters glom onto what is an obviously false title and propaganda, and run with it.

Never bothering to check the source. Never bothering to see if there is another side of the story. Then they start screaming about what is wrong with society and ready to put someone's head through a noose in the town square and charge to watch.

I am embarrassed for you people.

You are not on this site to look for the truth, you are just looking to get angry.

Very well put star for you. Ive noticed this more and more but its not just ATS its society as a rule. People are moved byemotion very seldom do you see people take the time to learn about the issue.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

nixie_nox
reply to post by HomerinNC

I thought that you can't take someone's disability money.

You'd be surprised at what the State will claim to. While this case is seemingly showing the defendant (the dad) really was ignoring the court, in my case, the State determined that my BAH, BAS and clothing allowance during my military tenure was game to be calculated for income.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

actually, I pay it myself, i dont have it garnished or yanked out of my check, I pay it along with all my other monthly bills

all that stuff IS income, if you get it on a monthly basis, they can calculate it. stuff like uniform allowence threy normally wouldnt
edit on 1/13/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I went into the adult and family services building one time and they had a sign up listing all the rights the mother and child has and at the bottom of the list the father had a right to pay child support. I told them I felt that was very offensive and to take the sign down. They did take it down. This is the way they view fathers and it goes right all the way to the top.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join