It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eerie moaning and screaming phenomenon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I’m pretty jaded when it comes to ghost stories and such, but this one gave me goosebumps.
This reminded me of something from ‘The Exorcist’.
While hanging out with some old friends at their house recently, I spoke with a relative of theirs who was visiting for the holidays. He is a medical doctor, and he was a medic in the Vietnam war. He was discharged from the army in the late 1960s, and then spent about a year helping care for people at a Catholic mission in Thailand.

This happened in the spring of 1970. He was at the mission when a man from a nearby village came in and said a friend of his had injured his leg while hunting deer in the mountains. They climbed into the mission’s jeep, and headed off up the road. A short distance up the winding mountain road, there was an old abandoned Buddhist temple. The jeep’s engine died right after they passed the temple. It wouldn’t start. The doc was about to open the jeep’s hood, when the villager yelled and pointed up the road. The two guys who had been hunting were walking down the road. The injured guy had hurt his leg, and the other guy was supporting him as he slowly hobbled.

When the hunters reached the guys at the jeep, they informed them that they had killed a large deer and were going to need help getting it back to the village. It was a short distance away, in the woods. At that instant, ‘out of nowhere’ the men heard a very loud, very deep moan. It seemed to be all around them. The doc described it as the eeriest thing he had ever heard. Within about 8-10 seconds, the moan was accompanied by a high-pitched, blood-curdling scream, and then what sounded like a maniacal voice laughing and talking. He said you could hear each sound distinctly, and it was absolutely terrifying, the way these hideous "voices" were intertwined. One of the men bolted down the road. The doc and the remaining guy assisted the injured man into the jeep. He put it in neutral and they rolled down the hill with no power. As they made their way down the road, the horrible moan\scream continued. It didn’t follow them. It stayed near the temple, and after about a minute it tapered off.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well, that's pretty horrifying. I was going to say it's a mountain lion, they can make sounds you wouldn't believe, especially if you're alone in the dark. But I never heard one talk, other than to say "I'm going to eat you, and your little horse too" in wildcat-ese.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

It could have been a Fox. - Foxes can unleash a rather unsettling scream somewhat similar to what you describe. You can find videos on YT where people have heard these sounds coming from the dark woods in the middle of the night, and If you didn't know any better, you would probably think it was a f***ing banshee as opposed to a fox! Lol.

edit on 11-1-2014 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Classic....wildcat-ese. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

Amen! I live near a forest, and I've heard foxes make sounds I wouldn't want to hear twice!
A neighbor woman once pounded on my door hysterically, saying someone had abandoned a baby in the woods. It was a fox.

My friends' cousin is a hardened combat vet and spent a lot of time in the jungle, so I'm assuming he
isn't easily spooked, and has heard his share of animals.
According to him, it was a very deep moan, with voices, and human laughter.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

This is one of those who knows things.

For all you know it could have been a couple doing it nearby and because of the acoustics of the location it sounded menacing.

I have heard some pretty strange sounds coming from the neighbors downstairs I wouldn't want to hear in the dead of the night near a temple.

So let's get this straight....

1. Moaning- Check
2. Laughter- Check
3. Screaming- Check

Yup. I know what happened there.
edit on 11-1-2014 by OrphanApology because: df

top topics

join