It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this topic not of interest. Chris Christy scandal

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by beezzer

If he didn't appeal to conservatives how did he get reelected on the republican ticket? Did the democrats of New Jersey pass on their own candidate to keep him?

He might pass as a conservative in New Jersey, but I have to agree with beezzer, he's not well-liked by much of the conservative base at the national level.

I think that's also why it seems to be getting ignored here at ATS, at least to some degree. I suspect that in reality, its not being discussed as much as some might expect because the conservatives don't like Christie enough to bother with defending him.
edit on 12-1-2014 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
That's because the media is so bias towards Obama it is ridiculous how bad it is.Nothing different with Obamas scandals and this Christie scandal yet the left wing slanted media which is even going on on CNN will do everything to make Christie look terrible.

They are very bias against conservative opinions.
edit on 12-1-2014 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

Just keep watching and you will see hardly anything on Hillary Clinton from mainstream media that slants left.Journalism is becoming awful in this country as well.
edit on 12-1-2014 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

beezzer

jimmyx

beezzer
reply to post by jimmyx

Actually, there are those of us who are holding him to the same standards in which we regard Obama.

And both Christie and Obama are behaving the same.

Display ignorance and throw people under the bus.

or................maybe even us liberals are waiting for the actual investigation to get more information. but, that is completely counter to what conservatives are use to. so......maybe we didn't think we had to come out and explain it.
edit on 11-1-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

Bull.

Face it. You on the left will just have to suck it up and defend Christie or else look like hypocrites!

isn't this thread about Christie?....all I am seeing from the comments and posts are supposed comparisons with Obama...It would seem that you republicans would have some opinions, conjecture, and imput about Christie, his administration, the investigation, the players involved, the traffic tie-ups, the port authority???....but, I guess this is one thread where the phrase "off-topic" doesn't come into play.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Yep, apologies.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
President Obama can't pass gas without someone on here proclaiming that he is responsible for global warming by adding his methane to the atmosphere yet this scandal of a republican presidential wannabe gets ignored? I don't get it.
Mess with Christie and risk having your city gridlocked in traffic. Message: Don't mess with the big guy in New Jersey.
www.nytimes.com...

How did he get the ez pass on this.

Not that I agree with this...but I believe it. Your "side" (assumption) has laid out the way they intend to operate and fight to win the next presidential election. Your President has lied repeatedly, attacked groups and individuals with the help of the IRS and NSA, placed in "friends" in charge of investigations, allowed people to die for political gain, called people and groups names trying to demonize them, fought against the Constitution, made up laws illegally, etc., etc.

I believe it is called fighting fire with fire. The democrats used the "nuclear option". Now the other side is playing the game by the rules the opponents have laid out. You see...there are even rules in war. You don't use chemical or biological weapons...PERIOD! But, if the enemy does...guess what...the other side will retaliate in kind.

Again assuming...your side changed the rules. Their side is making sure it is a fair fight. Sad...isn't it?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

Christi doesn't need help to look terrible he already does, a presidential hopeful, his hopes already has gone to the cracks.

Mark Sokolich, the Democratic mayor of Fort Lee whose town was clogged with traffic, said he wanted to believe Christie's staffers acted without his knowledge but was having a tough time buying it.

"Anything his name was even remotely involved in, he was involved in," said Sokolich, who met with Christie on Thursday, when the governor traveled to Fort Lee to apologize personally. The traffic delayed emergency vehicles and school buses and infuriated commuters in his town.

Sokolich, who had initially urged the governor to stay away, said afterward that the meeting was productive.

"I'm taking him at his word," he said Sunday. "There's just a lot of stuff there, though."

Fox News Sunday political analyst Juan Williams said the scandal gives wider berth to conservatives already wary of Christie for signing a bill lowering tuition costs for students in the country illegally and embracing President Barack Obama after Superstorm Sandy.

"Right now, it looks like there's a blockage on the long bridge to 2016 for Chris Christie," Williams said.

www.mediacomtoday.com...

Using public property for personal political pay back is actually illegal and punishable

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
We need someone new in office, not Christie, not Hilary. Someone that's not poisoned by the current political playing field.
edit on 13-1-2014 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by beezzer

I agree. The excuse of ignorance doesn't hold in a court of law it certainly shouldn't apply here. There are people in Ft Lee who are sueing for damages. I guess that means loss of business or missed meetings or even hey my dinner got cold. Thing is , as a full fledged democrat, I liked the guy. I saw him as a bipartisan politician who could put aside differences and work for the better good. If he really didn't know about this I wonder at the action of his staff and the misguided loyalty they have for him.

Ignorance of the law should hold in court and does apply here. If Christie was ignorant of the actions, then he is is innocent of political punishment. If Christie knew of the actions, he shows immoral behavior and should not be considered for important jobs.

You hold people responsible for knowing the content of 25 feet worth of books of federal law? Plus the state code? Plus the local ordinances? See extent-of-regulation.dhwritings.com... for an example. Its absolutely wrong to hold someone responsible for memorizing tens of thousands of pages of laws, then saying "you should have known it". No way.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The only reason NJ Governor Chris Christie is the GOP front runner for President in 2016 is because we can't see who's behind him.

Oh yeah, he's also really hoping getting impeached involves a cobbler.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

ATS is as Right Wing as it gets, (often straying into 'Wingnut' territory). Christie gets a pass because he's not Obama, the person who's responsible for every single bad thing that ever happened to anyone. But actually, it's a case of double standards. I know all of the Obama bashers will say that there's lots of double standards all over the place. And that's true, I think. How would one go about starting to look at everything in an unbiased manner? Is it even posible to be unbiased? I don't know. But, deciding if one likes a person or not simply by looking at the little 'R' or 'D' after thier name is what's really dragging this country down. People are so willing to bite the head off of anyone who's not waving the flag as fast as they are. I understand that people get fed up and get tired of hear excuses, or the same old stories. But until we all decide to work together, for the betterment of all not just some, we'll continue to be at odds with ourselves. How much could we have gotten accomplished, as a unified country, over these past 14 years? Instead of looking for people to blame, how about we start looking for people who'll ignore the negatives, focus on the goal and defuse the anger? Everything we need, as an entire country, is available to us. That means, I think, we COULD all be happy. Instead we focus on our minor differences and continue to shoot ourselves in the feet. We're just wasting ourselves. Just an opinion, of course.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Tell me about it. I'm 5'5" at 145lbs and according to the BMI (body mass index) chart, I'm .8 away from being overweight. I wear a size 31x30 pants too! I sure as heck am not "overweight!"

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So feds probe Chritie
and then there is Obama administration approving Jersey Shore TV ads, yes, this is getting really interesting, and all the while
It looks like a lot of probing, back stabbing, and butt kissing, yup I still despise politicians.

dailycaller.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Next time you go to the doctors office see if you can take a look at your medical chart, now doctors will include next to your weight in what category you fall, from healthy weight to overweight obese or morbidly obese, I have a friend that works for a private doctor and now this way of tagging is common practice in your doctors office, like this they can target you no with ways to help you achieve a "healthy weight" but target you with medications, from statins to blood pressure pills and more preventive unnecessary medicine.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

#1. They are lying and did know, in which case..they have no business continuing in public office.

#2. They really didn't know and simply have that poor a sense of judgement for choosing people and choosing those who choose the rest. As an executive office holder? That, too, leaves Christie with no ground to stand on for an argument in keeping elected office.

I'll add a third - A leader best leads by example and is the corner stone for group norms. If this is the norm for an organization headed by Governor Christy, it says more about him then the people who committed the actual act.
edit on 13-1-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

I wouldn't give any of them an excuse here?

If he leads a rotten ship, I agree the captain needs fired ..but so does the whole rotten crew. Even locals complain about the smell in Jersey and I hear it gets worse as one approaches Trenton.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Most Americans living West of the New York, New Jersey state lines, could give a rat's a_ _ regarding
the traffic on your George Washington bridge. This site and the East coast media have given more hype
to this sorry piece of news than all of Obama's BS for the past several years. The Demorats will do
anything to smear Christy and push Hilliary down our throats. Before any of you start raving about
Ms. Clinton, you better start checking on her sorry past. But then i forgot, it seems no one checked
out our beloved president's stellar past before he was elected. LOL.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This is just for discussion sake, and from my father's playbook. He was a highly sought management analyst in the 60s and 70s. He died fairly young in 1980.

Because the "norm" of the group is set by the leader(s) just changing them can recreate an orgainzation. Read Macihivelli's "The Prince" on the point.

If you destroy the entire organization (like what we did in Iraq) you loose all organizational memory which is a valuable assest.
edit on 14-1-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

donzie35
reply to post by beezzer

Most Americans living West of the New York, New Jersey state lines, could give a rat's a_ _ regarding
the traffic on your George Washington bridge. This site and the East coast media have given more hype
to this sorry piece of news than all of Obama's BS for the past several years. The Demorats will do
anything to smear Christy and push Hilliary down our throats. Before any of you start raving about
Ms. Clinton, you better start checking on her sorry past. But then i forgot, it seems no one checked

You're right!

And welcome to ATS on your first post!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

donzie35
reply to post by beezzer

I would rather have to twerk on a cactus than vote for Hillary.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join