It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Generation's Children Becoming More Gifted

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Hello Everybody,
I teach grades 1 and 2 , and have been teaching this age group for the past 14 years. I have noticed a change in children's behavior in the last 2 or 3 years.

They seem to know more about feelings, they know when you are lying, they see colors, which I know are people's auras, they even talk about aliens! They keep asking me about aliens, which I find so odd.

Here are some of my recent experiences:

1. One day a girl from my class came to me in the morning with a picture she drew of me. She got everything right, but there were some details on the picture that led me to believe she was also drawing my aura. She drew me with a princess crown, which a lot of them do, but she also drew a purple "cloud" with tiny gold stars around my head. I asked her why she did that around my head and the little girl said. "Because this is you."

2. This Thursday I was teaching the class when one girl pointed at my neck as asked me what I was wearing. I told her it was a necklace with a locket, and that it opens up. As I opened it one of my rose quartz stones fell out and onto her desk. (I had completely forgotten that I put that stone there.) I told them it was a pink stone. Now the girl asked me this: " Miss, what is it for?"
She was holding it and rubbing the stone and the other kids were also in awe of the rose quartz, even another boy asked "Yes, miss, what is it for?"
Now isn't that a strange question to ask about a stone?
(I told them it was for good luck, I'm not going to start teaching them about meditation and stone quartz lol.)

3. My best friend's son likes to come and chat with us sometimes. He is 6 years old. He came to me with a picture he drew of me. He too drew me with a crown. ( Now guys I don't walk around wearing a crown, these children really know something about auras.) I asked him why he drew me with a crown, and he said. "Because you have nice colors there."
I was amazed.
I see auras myself, and it amazes me how many children can see them, and talk about them as if it was the most natural, and normal thing in the world.

I have so many more experiences, and will share them later. I was wondering if anyone else would like to come and share their experiences with little "gifted " children of this generation.
What are your thoughts?

Wishing everyone a great day.

edit on 11/1/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

They do say children (and animals) see so much more than us 'grown ups' do don't they. Maybe because they are so innocent, and haven't absorbed all the bad stuff into their little minds yet.

What a lovely thread.
Haven't got any stories to add, but want to sit in and read any other stories. I have a 5 year old, but haven't noticed anything unusually 'gifted' about her. Yet.

And how wonderful that your pupils think of you like a princess!! Aaaw, you must do a good job. Lovely.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MissBeck

Thank you. I really enjoy my job. And this age group is so curious and eager to learn. As you said, they still haven't been shown all the bad things out there.

Yes, the princess thing is very kind of them. It might be my long hair.
My husband and even my boss make fun of the fact all my students think I'm a fairy princess. My boss got me a princess t-shirt for Christmas.

I just have this strong feeling that these children can sense somehow who is good or who is bad, and show it in their art.
And find it so natural to talk about these things.
My friend's son even mentioned seeing a ghost once, and that it was an old man who used to live in their building. It was so the most normal thing to him, and I know he is not the lying kind.

edit on 11/1/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/1/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: added a thought

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
My son just turned 8 but starting at age six we were planning a vacation to san deigo and when he heard us talking about it his eyes lite up and he said we can go to my old house there. we were like what old house he said the house i used to live in San Diego. I say we never lived there son he says no i lived there before you were my mommy and daddy in Chula Vista I was an old man when i lived there in the 80's maybe we can go see my old house when were there. tell me thats not weird

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

That would have freaked me out, but made me really curious at the same time. Did you pursue it further, and ask for more details, or did you leave it at that?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

Thanks for sharing.

I have read many accounts about children remembering their past lives, how fascinating indeed.
That deserves a thread on it's own.

reply to post by MissBeck

Yes we did look into it. I went into the guest room where the boy reported seeing the old man's ghost, and indeed felt something there. I didn't feel it was anything bad, and got the impression this spirit would move on soon.
The boy stopped reporting the ghost, and after a while I couldn't feel it there either.

Oops, sorry. I thought you were asking about my friend's ghost experience.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
No we didn't pressure him or ask him any more about it. We just told him if we have time we will stop by there and that was it.
edit on 11-1-2014 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
This made me smile, I'm looking forward to more stories.

A question(not just to OP but to everybody participating), why do you think this is happening?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Back before and way before the fifties, it was sort of bad to talk of these things. Very much the religious ministers would freak out and call everything Demons and Devils or witches. Anything odd was evil and so people and children learnt to suppress 'bad things.'

Lately (Last 3 - 4 decades) we have been more open to all sorts of things as SciFi and Fantasy became best sellers. Young parents today are more likely to talk positively about such things and kids learn from others. In their imaginations, young kids can see magic as good and fun. Their parents can do the same now, but the grandparents, not so much.

Religious indoctrination is slipping generation by generation.

P

edit on 11/1/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

I personally think it's always been happening, but it's only since the days of T'internet, and being more open to 'modern' ideas, and more information being readily available, that more people are taking note of it more.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

I don't know for sure, but I lean toward's what Phoenix said. In the past these things were not talked about,this subject was shunned .
I have also read about star children, indigo children. That's another possibility.

I'm keeping an open mind to it.
I too would like to know what you guys think the reason for these gifted children are.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I got to spend a little time teaching elementary kids art and they taught me so much. Their capacity for observation and for creating ways to express what they see and feel is pure genius. KIds are born artists and later lose their desire to express themselves due to criticism. The artist in each of them is torn down and usually destroyed by 5th or 6th grade. Art is very personal and when they are told they drew something "wrong" it cuts right to the core. There is never a right or wrong way to make art. Don't try to be too literal with interpreting what they make as you will often embarrass them with your comments.

So what do you say to young artists without sounding patronizing "oh, that's lovely Billy"? You can talk about their use of color, don't tell them grass is green if they made it purple - maybe they didn't have a green crayon or maybe they wanted to make the grass purple.
You can tell them they made interesting shapes, point out strong use of lines that convey energy. You can tell them their work is very expressive and original. Ask them what they drew instead of trying to guess what it is. You'll often find your guesses would have been wrong anyway.

I don't know about children being "more" of anything these days. I think they have always had the capacity you speak of. All I know is they are little geniuses and amazing artists and they are our future.

ETa: I really don't care for the idea of "indigo" or "star children". Aren't they all special?
Or is this another way to divide and separate at even younger ages?
edit on 11-1-2014 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

You are so right. My little one will draw me pictures and ask, 'Do you like this?'. Half the time, I haven't a clue what I'm looking at, but always praise her for her work. To her, she was doing exactly what she wanted to draw. Who am I to say, 'well, it should be like this', or 'that bit is wrong'.

I have noticed she is also really sensitive to noises. She hears things and asks what it was. Things I haven't heard. I can't say 'it was nothing', just because I haven't heard it. She obviously did. But then, her ears are 35 years younger than mine, and nice and 'new' so to speak.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I never correct children about their art. I always accept the drawings and compliment them. I don't teach art, I teach English and social studies.

Yes they are all special, but I was talking in my OP about the children that can see auras and ghosts.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

I think if it were evolutionary based it would be noticed in the children first. Perhaps what is happening is that as a species we are evolving and using more of our brain naturally. The children that don't seem to get caught up in TV and videogames seem to display a high level of intelligence. I had a conversation with my brothers eight year old son and he was saying he was tired of the newspaper always putting crocodile attacks on the front page. He was saying that it did not scare him and he thought people should get over it as its part of life. I really did not know how to respond as it was a pretty unusual sort of thing to say for an 8yo in my experience.
Kids though they are always a source of wonder.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

pez1975
My son just turned 8 but starting at age six we were planning a vacation to san deigo and when he heard us talking about it his eyes lite up and he said we can go to my old house there. we were like what old house he said the house i used to live in San Diego. I say we never lived there son he says no i lived there before you were my mommy and daddy in Chula Vista I was an old man when i lived there in the 80's maybe we can go see my old house when were there. tell me thats not weird

As a Past-life Regression Therapist I can tell you that this is more common than you might realize ... lot's of children have 'residue' memories of there lifetime before their present one. This is usually most prominent between the ages of 2-7yrs old but obviously in the case of your son can stay with them ... maybe it was just the mention of the place that triggered the memory.

One test I always tell those that are interested by the subject is to wait until their child is occupied with something (game/toy/pet etc) and casually ask them something like ... 'what was your name before I was your mommy/daddy' ? or 'where did you live before I was your mommy/daddy' ?

You might be very surprised to get a very confident response ... but always keep it low-key never make a big deal about it.

Woody )O(

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hello Woody,
Nice to see you.

I've heard of that method before, but have never tried it. I am planning on trying it though.Will have to try it in the future when my husband and I start a family.

Thanks for the great tip.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Rainbowresidue
reply to post by woodwytch

Hello Woody,
Nice to see you.

I've heard of that method before, but have never tried it. I am planning on trying it though.Will have to try it in the future when my husband and I start a family.

Thanks for the great tip.

Hey there Rainbow ... I tend to read more than contribute these days but couldn't resist this time (being my pet subject and all)
... I always enjoy your threads.

Woody )O(

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

A friend of mine's son, when he was three years old, began to speak matter-of-factly and in great detail about his life as an Indian warrior. He described many life experiences, would answer any question without hesitation, and the stories never conflicted. When asked if he was married, he actually wept when recounting the death of his wife. If he was just creating this out of his imagination, it was an astounding feat for a 3-yr-old, full of big vocabulary & complex concepts. Even if you tried, you just could not trip him up. His story was rock-solid.

When he was 6 or 7, he still claimed to have been an Indian before he was born, but when asked about it would say, 'I don't want to talk about it.' A few years after that, he began asking his mother details about what he used to say, and seemed upset that he could not remember all of it. Now he remembers zero.

Weird, huh?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
I got to spend a little time teaching elementary kids art and they taught me so much. Their capacity for observation and for creating ways to express what they see and feel is pure genius. KIds are born artists and later lose their desire to express themselves due to criticism. The artist in each of them is torn down and usually destroyed by 5th or 6th grade. Art is very personal and when they are told they drew something "wrong" it cuts right to the core. There is never a right or wrong way to make art. Don't try to be too literal with interpreting what they make as you will often embarrass them with your comments.

So what do you say to young artists without sounding patronizing "oh, that's lovely Billy"? You can talk about their use of color, don't tell them grass is green if they made it purple - maybe they didn't have a green crayon or maybe they wanted to make the grass purple.
You can tell them they made interesting shapes, point out strong use of lines that convey energy. You can tell them their work is very expressive and original. Ask them what they drew instead of trying to guess what it is. You'll often find your guesses would have been wrong anyway.

I don't know about children being "more" of anything these days. I think they have always had the capacity you speak of. All I know is they are little geniuses and amazing artists and they are our future.

ETa: I really don't care for the idea of "indigo" or "star children". Aren't they all special?
Or is this another way to divide and separate at even younger ages?
edit on 11-1-2014 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

Fantastic post ATA. You should go back to teaching!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join