It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Passes Health Exchange Security and Transparency Act of 2014

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The House passed a bill that would require people to be notified if and when an ObamaCare exchange has a security breach.

Apparently there is no requirement at present.

I would think this should be a simple given.

But Obama himself evidently says that it would be too burdensome to notify people and has indicated he will veto such a mandate.

Snotty Arrogance at it's finest again !!

The Senate will consider and get back to us.

The House passed the Health Exchange Security and Transparency Act which would require the government to notify Americans if their private data is breached through the Obamacare exchanges. Sounds pretty reasonable to me. It sounded pretty reasonable to over 60 Democrats, too, which is why they voted for it.

But President Obama thinks the site is a-okay and has threatened to veto the bill. He says it would be too burdensome to notify people if their identities are stolen through his glitchy exchange. Since when are Democrats against more red tape?

Obama Threatens To Veto Bill Mandating Security And Transparency For Obamacare Exchanges

Health Exchange Security and Transparency Act of 2014 - Requires the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) to notify an individual within two business days after discovery of any breach of security of any system maintained by an American Health Benefit Exchange established under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act which is known to have resulted in the theft of or unlawful access to the individual's personally identifiable information.

H.R.3811

Perhaps it's already happened and they don't want HHS to have to admit to anything more ?

related story

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Given that Target had to announce that the roughly 40 million credit card numbers exposed was really closer to 70 million which is close to 1/4 of the US total population. I can see why Obama wouldn't want to have his legacy have to admit to security glitches. I can also see why anyone submitting their information to the Obamacare exchanges would think it is dangerously stupid to give identity thieves every last detail needed in a one stop shop. Frankly, as far as finical mayhem that can occur, it makes Target look like they left a $5 bill on the table when they finished their dinner and left the cafeteria.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Hmmmm, Security and Transparency, eh? I'm guessing that the Transparency refers to the info being entered by the marks, uh, customers and the Security refers to job security for authorities chasing down the inevitable hackers and identity thieves.

join