It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Target says data breach up to 110 million customers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Just when you thought that 40 million credit and debit card numbers were hacked off from Target stores was enough, now they tell us it's more like 110 million !!

Apparently this is a result of some kind of piggy back breach that they didn't know about.

Incompetence at it's best.

Sounds like the guys behind this are real pros.

Credit Karma is waiting for your call. And no credit card needed. Use "Granny sent me" as your discount code.

Target says data breach up to 110 million customers

New York (AFP) - Giant US retailer Target said Friday that up to 110 million customers have had their personal data stolen in a data breach, sharply raising its initial estimate.

The number of people affected represented one in three Americans, and the scope of the information stolen was much broader than originally thought, Target admitted.

Target initially reported on December 19 that payment card data of some 40 million customers had been obtained by hackers during the year-end holiday shopping season.

Oh and by the way, Neiman Marcus has been hit too....
Credit card hackers hit Neiman Marcus

Credit card hackers might be developing a taste for the finer things in life.

Upscale department store Neiman Marcus confirmed that its database of customer information was hacked last month, independent security researcher Brian Krebs reported on Friday.

Is this *Retaliation*

for the NSA Scandal ?

Who's doing it ?

Mossad or Iran ?

edit on Jan-11-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The last time I went shopping at my local Target was mid December. It was the day before Xmas eve and I knew I wouldn't be off of work before midnight. (Beer sales have to be stopped at midnight per state law here). I went in Target and bought myself a 6 pack. That's the only thing I bought there in 2013.....

Just a few days ago I got a letter from my credit union saying my info was taken in this breach.

Im never buying beer at Target ever again.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Looks like Walmart gets more business now.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I was "hit" too. This is an inside job or someone with deep access to their systems in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Wall Mart did it.

Corporate spies.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

my daughter got a letter from her bank that she is one of the ones, they upped their security and sent her a new card.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
My info was also stolen, days after I'd shopped at Target...which was two days before the breach had been announced. It has been a nightmare trying to get all my affairs in order, especially going without a new card for almost 3 weeks. It happened a week before I moved, and two weeks or so, before school started, which made buying school books extremely...impossible. Thankfully after my card came in, my books came in on time.

I've always preferred Walmart, and pay cash when I can...but I just had to spend $10 bucks in Target on that awful Winter night last month. Besides obviously changing bank info, card info, etc, what other steps is anyone else taking in this matter?
Would it be wise to jump in on a class action lawsuit against Target?

new topics

top topics

join