It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time-lapse video of "the cleanest, darkest skies on Earth"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I believe I have found my next destination. My sky at home is so empty and lonely. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I experienced this my first time at sea when I was in the Navy. The middle of the Pacific may even have less light pollution. I have never been in to astrology. But, if the ancients looked up to the night sky and saw this, I can see how they would start to find meaning in it all.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Don't know where in the US you are, but come out to New Mexico or the four corners region, especially in the winter on a clear night, and you will see this. It's mind blowing

Kangaruex4Ewe

LightAssassin
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

You're in Australia right?

Drive inland for 3 hours from any capital city. Then park and look up. Outback night sky is just amazing.

No.
I am in the US. My avi only says it wished I was in Australia.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Many years ago when my band I and moved from Ohio to California we stopped somewhere in Arizona, got out of our rental truck and looked up. The sky looked a lot like this video. It was pretty breathtaking.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

SecTownKid
Don't know where in the US you are, but come out to New Mexico

Actually, many amateur robotic observatories are located in New Mexico (including one of the ISON telescopes operated by Leonid Elenin). Seems like it does have really dark and clear skies.

~~~

The darkest skies allow you to see the sunlight reflected off the interplanetary dust (which mostly stretches along the plane of ecliptic) in the Solar System. How cool is that! apod.nasa.gov...
(the brightest patch in this glow is directly opposite the Sun, and is created by the "full phase" of individual dust particles, just like our Moon looks the brightest when it's "full".)

edit on 14-1-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Yes nice sky's BUT it's still a long exposure shot your eyes will not see it like that!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
had to watch this again...for the 2nd time..

I'm completely convinced now...there is NO WAY you can look at this just from earth and believe we are alone..

there is NO way ...if you do, you're lying to yourself..

It seriously begs the question, "how many more solar systems within each of our galaxies is there others just like ours?"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join