It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time-lapse video of "the cleanest, darkest skies on Earth"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I like the chillstep... But it's all done before

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Kudos for the post, great find!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Great video!
I have seen this beautiful view of the night sky from a different angle, but I think that even if you gaze upon the stars the whole night you can't get so beautiful view like the modern cameras can catch. Our eyes put a boundary and yes, it’s still beautiful view but not the same as seen on the videos.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Straya (Australia) and Uru (Uluru)

Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Question from a non-photographer. How do you make the camera move so slowly and smoothly while it films for hours at a time? The camera IS moving isn't it? That's a beautiful night sky!
cwm

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
I will probably live and die and never get to see a sight as great as that in real life. I wonder how many others will do the same? Sometimes it's hard to believe that when we all look up, we are all looking at the same sky... yet so few of us get to see the sky the way it was intended to be seen.

Awesome!

What you have to remember is the sky doesn't actually look like that even there, timelapse videos are LONG exposure shots which contain more detail than your eye can see and they are edited in Lightroom or photoshop or even both to enhance contrast and colours before the final video is made.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

carewemust
Question from a non-photographer. How do you make the camera move so slowly and smoothly while it films for hours at a time? The camera IS moving isn't it? That's a beautiful night sky!
cwm

They use motorised camera sliders. Which are very expensive.
www.videomaker.com...
www.digislider.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

AlphaHawk

Straya (Australia) and Uru (Uluru)

Enjoy!

Indeed! Thank you.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Yep, I've been in the middle of nowhere...literally nowhere, like nothing for several hundreds of km in all directions and the sky is beautiful and impressive, but nothing like what a properly set up time-lapse camera will show.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
S&F that is an amazing vid! You can see soo many asteroids flying by, beautiful. I really would love too camp out there for sure!!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
That is stunning!! I went to the top of Mauna Kea on the big island of Hawaii and went to the top at night. Over 13,000 ft up!!

Dress for it, cause it's COLD up there, but the views of the stars up there is something I will never forget.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
And I thought I was able to see a lot of stars here, especially now it's winter. But in comparison to that, the sky here is pretty dirty.

When extremely lucky, this is all I get to see:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

LightAssassin

You're in Australia right?

Drive inland for 3 hours from any capital city. Then park and look up. Outback night sky is just amazing.

No.
I am in the US. My avi only says it wished I was in Australia.

I recently (end of Dec. 2013) drove from Las Vegas to Reno via "The Extraterrestrial Highway"... around 10PM, stopped the car on the side of the road (needed to take a short break), and gasped when I saw the night sky. It literally took my breath away. In the short span of a few minutes, I witnessed airplanes, satellites, 'shooting stars', the Milky Way, and a bazillion stars. I want to move away from the city (Seattle) so I can see this more often. I highly recommend that you save some money and dedicate a road trip just for viewing the un-adulterated night sky.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

It does not compute....how beautiful...I can't imagine seeing a night sky such as that twice a year let alone constantly...a star gazers paradise...nice find OP

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

carewemust
cwm

wildespace
They use motorised camera sliders. Which are very expensive.
www.videomaker.com...
www.digislider.co.uk...

Or on the cheap if your DSLR is of a high enough resolution you can fake it using some software.

Some examples here Panolapse

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I was in the Atacama a few months ago. I posted some pictures, along with some photos of my time at Easter Island. No one seemed very interested here.

The Atacama was a very interesting place. There is a night sky observatory there--- one of the best in the world. Anyone can pay a fee to look at the stars and hear a lecture.

I've seen some amazing night skies in South America! Stars are really stars there.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Very cool video.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
What song is playing in the background?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
double post...
edit on 12-1-2014 by Killer2121 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

s&f

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join