It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Had a Mythical Beast Encounter?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I've had a thread up for over two years that is still going strong, asking about people's paranormal experiences. Now, I'm interested in something a little different...

I was watching a show on Destination America entitled, Monsters & Mysteries in America, last week, and I was surprised at the number of different types of beasts people have seen! Everything from Wendigo, Dogman, Wolfman, Momo, Sheep Squatch, the Dover Demon, Pukwudgie, Aliens, Chupacabra, Zombie Soliders, the Lakeworth Monster, and more!!

So, that got my curiosity up, wondering how many of you have had some type of beastly encounter?

I had what I think was a big foot walk past our bathroom window when I was a young kid, and something that flew with large wings past my bedroom window at night.

Here is my story on the big foot:

"I grew up in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. When I was around 10 years old there was a very tall creature of some kind that walked past our bathroom. It had to be at least 8 or 9 feet tall to be seen in that window because it was very high off the ground.

My teenage sister was in the bathroom curling her hair when she heard something and looked over at the window just in time to see this creature walk by. It was just turning dusk, but still light enough for her to see it. She screamed bloody murder!

We all heard something hollering in the woods for months before, and after that. The sound wasn't like the long, low howl they give on the "Finding Bigfoot" show, but it was a high-pitched squeal; sounded more like one of those large flying prehistoric birds!

All the "old-timers" that lived in the area said they had never heard anything like it! My mother wouldn't let me go outside to play all year because everyone around was terrified of this thing!

One of our neighbors that lived about 2 miles up the road found his pig ripped open on it's belly, but the only thing taken was the liver. He said it was a very clean cut; looked like it could have been done with a knife. He found long white hairs caught on the barbed wire fence close by. An albino big foot? I don't know what the white hairs could have been from.

This was back in 1967. One day the screams in the woods just stopped, and we never heard it again."

And here is my story on the flying creature:

"There was a creature that used to run past my window when I was around the age of 10 years old. My bedroom was on one end of the house, and my parents bedroom was on the other end, with my sister's room in between the two.

During the winter of 1967 (?) a creature of some type would start running at the other end of the house (at my parents bedroom), and run past the three bedrooms, all next to each other.
When it reached my window at the end of the house, it sounded like it took flight with very large wings; I could hear them flapping as it went airborne.
As it ran it sounded like horse hooves, but only with two legs, which was very loud! (I never could figure out why my parents and sister were never awakened by it.)

The sound it made when it screamed (if this was it) was unlike anything the old-timers in the area had ever heard!
They had heard panthers, bobcats, etc. all their lives, and they said this was not a cat, or anything they had ever heard! To me it sounded exactly like a pteranodon, like the squeal they give it in the movies!

But, after researching every creature I could find, I came to the conclusion the description fit The New Jersey Devil better than anything else. The NJD has two hoofs that would sound like horse hoofs, and wings to take flight.
window.

That winter when it snowed, there were prints in the snow that would have matched the upper legs of the creature; three long '"fingers" in the front, and a lone one in the back. Very similar to a very large chicken print."
This is what inspired my second avatar on ATS, some of you may remember. The unicorn would be my symbolic mythical creature fighting it off. I know I had "help" from somewhere, keeping this thing from getting me!

Could these two encounters have been the same creature? Being that all we ever heard was the squeal, I'm beginning to wonder! And could the long white hairs that were found on my neighbors fence belongs to this flying creature?

Before you ask, no, I don't have pics of the footprints in the snow; didn't even own a camera back then. Well, my mother did, but she wouldn't let me touch it. LOL

So, tell us about your encounters. Have you seen any of the creatures listed above from the show, or maybe something different?

Here is a sample of the show, done in the Appalachian Mountains... my back yard while growing up! LOL
I think this is one of the first shows to air. I wanted to embed some of the newer ones with the monsters listed above, but they are not available.

If you would like to watch any of the videos from the list (and more), you can click on this link and watch from their website. Give the video a few extra seconds to load; it's a little slow:
america.discovery.com...

edit on 1/10/2014 by sled735 because: add comments

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

A bigfoot encounter. At least a print.

My brother, myself, and a friend were backpacking in Malakoff Diggins, Ca. We hiked out for a few miles off the beaten trail. Made camp right near the river. No one else anywhere in sight. Well after eating a meal we walked down to the water to clean the dishes. There was a single foot print right before the water. It was huge. My brother was wearing size 17 shoes at the time and his foot was dinky compared to it. We tried to replicate it ourselves using our shoes and our bare feet and we couldn't. Again no one else except the three of us the entire time we were backpacking. We thought maybe this creature was in the trees above our camp fire and the smoke made in jump out and into the river to cross it.
edit on 10-1-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Thanks.

Did that freak you all out? Did you stay, or leave after seeing the print?

At least you had witnesses!!

edit on 1/10/2014 by sled735 because: duh!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Great stories. Nice so many experienced all of this with you (to substantiate).

Mine aren't as clear cut as yours but are forever etched in my mind.

As a kid (8 I believe) I saw a very tall, lengthy creature in my bedroom. Woke up to it because I heard clanking. All I can remember physically is the extreme thin and tall nature of its body with an overly elongated face and very dark eyes. I can't remember the size of the eyes. I was freaked. For some reason I didn't get up to tell my parents but rather hid under my blanket after it was gone. I've always assumed I had a bout of sleep paralysis but have always wonderered.

I also encountered what my camping friends and I beleived was a bigfoot. Did not see but all were woken to something large with a step like a humans that paused by one of the tents. The next morning there was a large footlike impression right where we heard it stop. One person had a dog that he said got really clingy when he heard it. It was something with two feet walking is all I know. We all thought it was one of the others until the next morning.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I hope you weren't abducted. The link going to the site with the videos shows where twin girls had been abducted all their life, used for breeding hybrids!

You won't catch me camping in the woods any more, not after knowing what all could be lurking in there! No way!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I haven't had any encounters but I'm bookmarklng in hopes of reading some great stories. S&F on another great thread, SLed!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Man I hope I wasn't abducted!
. I've wondered at times though.
. No really - it was an impactful experience. I remember telling my grandmother years later. She said it was probably the boogieman (grandmothers are great aren't they).

Don't he afraid to go camping - just go where other people are (a well populated campsite). My experience was in a more remote location in the Bob Marshal wilderness (Northwest). Whatever this thing is people are experiencing as Bigfoot it hasn't hurt anyone yet so clearly is just as curious about us as we are it.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Just want to thank those of you who are sharing your experiences!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

There are more immortal entities out there in the real world than meets the eye.

Take for example, fallen angels. These guys have certain dress codes. If a seraph (angel) is in the classification of 'Power' then the hair will always be dark red.

If the person has natural white or pale gray hair then they have a tendency of following death.

i am currently checking with an angel to see if pale green/yellow hair is possibly 'pain'.

So the next time you see a striking person that seems to be a fashion goddess/god, it probably is a fallen angel.

edit on 11-1-2014 by Rapha because: image insert

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Hey Sled ! Cool thread ! ( poet ! )

This stuff is way cool. I have not heard of this Aussie Beastie being mentioned - not to say it hasn't ...

Let me introduce you to the Bunyip ... ( drop bears have nothing on this sucker !! )

www.americanmonsters.com...

Sweet dreams ...

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I can share a story I shared sometime in the last several years. I was driving home very late at night or around 4 or 5am. I turned down a two lane road that went through the woods and past a creek a few miles north of town here in the upstate of South Carolina. No one was out. The roads were completely empty at this time. Speed limit was 55 mph and I was making good progress getting home. I do keep a lookout for deer but didn't notice any that night.

Suddenly right in front of my car or maybe 50 feet in front of me, I saw a large dark cat or panther jump out in the road running across. I was too close. I started to brace for impact just thinking this was going to be bad. This cat was moving super fast. Including its tail, it spanned the full width of my car and maybe more. To my surprise and relief, I felt no thump, no sudden impact. My heart was beating fast because I was expecting a collision. I believe I had to come within inches of hitting it. I never knew there were black panthers in South Carolina.

Then I got home and got another surprise. Apparently large black panthers in South Carolina are a myth or legend according to the SCDOT because no one ever hit one with their car and they claim there is no reliable evidence supporting them being in the state. I believe they are wild in Florida. As fast as I saw they could be and being nocturnal when almost no one is out, I can easily imagine how very few would ever spot these creatures. I try to look in my backyard before walking out because I was only a few miles away from my house. I don't want to get surprised by one of these creatures outside my car in case one decides to visit my back yard. I'm glad I wasn't the first person to hit a mythical creature in South Carolina. I don't care to be on the news talking about that.

Shortly after posting my story several years ago, someone else posted seeing a very large cat 60 to 100 miles or more south of my location . I never thought I would see a deer on my street but I saw one last year or just a few months ago. I live in the city so it was a big surprise. It looked super scared running for it's life. I was wondering what could have possibly scared it enough to run past city traffic into the city but I have an idea if some large creature was hunting it.
edit on 11/1/14 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The "Thing" me and 2 others saw was 2 years ago.
We were chilling outside in the evening ( so it was dark outside ) at an elementary school yard. We just bought some beers ( so when we saw the "Thing" we were still sober! ) and walked up to a bench. Then something moved in the tree next to us and we looked up. It is really strange because when all 3 of us talk about that day it is all a blurry memory. But what we saw was like a big bird ( and the birds that live here are not that big! ) it was like 1.5 meters wide maybe even bigger and it's colour was grey and we all had a real strange terrifying feeling in it's precense. To me it looked like a gargouille you know the monsters in the movie The hunchback of the notre dame? They had these flying monsters that could turn into stone. Well it looked like that. Crazy experience. I don't even remember what happend next. I think we just left because we were scared

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I've never really encountered "monsters" but am often plagued by paranormal activity- including but not limited to being followed around and sometimes harassed by shadow people for decades- however I have many relatives (some living, some departed) that accept Sasquatch (or what they refer to as "musk ape") as just a normal part of life and as natural. Also the majority of my friends are hunters and a few have related some very convincing stories- the looks in their eyes and the fear of the tale getting out and people thinking they are crazy being obvious and real.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I had a local one.

In my area of Kent UK people keep spotting a giant black panther.

Well I was out and spotted it. No way it was a dog as it had a feline face and it wasnt a house cat, I have a Mancoon the largest house breed and it was far to tall and well built to be one nor did it have the right type of fur.

It may has a logical explination as in the 60's in the UK there were limited pet laws and the rich went through a craze of buying big Cats like lions and Panthers ect When they got too big and when the Dangrous Animal act came in they just released the poor things.
edit on 11-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

littled16
reply to post by sled735

I've never really encountered "monsters" but am often plagued by paranormal activity- including but not limited to being followed around and sometimes harassed by shadow people for decades-

Do a little experiment for me call on the name of God Jehovah and see what happens to them.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Yeah, like I didn't think of that already (Christian here). It cuts down the activity but does not completely stop it, neither does use of holy water, blessed oils, house blessing by a Catholic priest, a Dianic priestess and an Indian Shaman. It isn't my house that is haunted ( well, yes the house is haunted too but not by the shadow people) but it is me who they follow. I've been prayed over and blessed by every sort of holy person imaginable.... the activity slows but always returns. I don't fear them anymore and haven't for years- they cannot enter me but only try to frighten me and others. They are a nuisance sometimes but have no power but parlor tricks unless you give it to them.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well, this story is not about a mythical creature per se, but it is still a fun story to tell.

It happened in my late teens, was still living at my parents in a medium sized home with a relatively big backyard. My room was at ground level and I had a good view of the backyard.
Someday in the middle of summer at night I was awakened by the sound of trees and bushes shaking violently, accompanied by a deep and very uncomforting growling sound, something I had never heard before. Looking out the window I saw nothing but darkness. Whatever it was, it sounded big, dangerous and not something one would wish to encounter. But eventually everything turned silent again, being confused & a bit scared I decided to go back to bed and forget all about it.
Oddly enough, the whole ordeal continued the next night, louder, longer and closer to my windows. I have a hard time describing the growling, I mean, it sounded like there was a full grown agitated lion in my backyard. Lying in my bed and starring out the window I suddenly saw the silhouette of the creature, starring back at me. For the lack of a better term it looked like Gollum. I couldn't make out any details, it was standing on two legs, it was approximately half my height, its eyes were glowing from the light reflections and I could see a furry outline on the silhouette. It disappeared as fast as it came. My first thought was "a juvenile Bigfoot", but those have never been reported in Europe.
Well, only caught a glimpse of it once, but the noises continued throughout the week. I could not find anything of interest during the daylight, so I was very much at loss as to what was causing all this. Eventually I figured it out, there was a newspaper article about an escaped Chimpanzee in the area, and the authorities had trouble finding it. I gave them a call, they looked around the property with no success, but oddly enough the sounds stopped from this day on. As far as I know, they never actually caught it.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thanks Everyone who has shared so far. Great stories!

Is anyone else experiencing difficulties with ATS? Some of the posts here don't show a place to star the post; there's just a little squiggle where the star should be.

I've tried to find the thread where they said to report any blips with this new program, but I can't find it. Anyone have the link?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I marked this earlier, and really want to get back to reading/sharing.

Sled, you make such good threads. I sure am glad you are here.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Ha! Thanks!

You've said that before on some of my other threads, but never came back to post.
I'm holding you to it this time!
I want to hear your story!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join