It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could near death experiences be evidence of parallel universes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I was just reading Biocentrism again. A book by Robert Lanza and he believes consciousness goes from multiverse to multiverse and never actually dies.

For instance, if you die in your sleep as an 80 year old man, you might wake up as that same man at aged 20 and you just think that you had a dream that you were an old man who was dying.

Maybe people who have near death experiences actually die and they wake up in a parallel universe. Maybe this universe has small changes that will not really affect you like a different Mayor of Salt Lake City. If you died in Atlanta maybe you have no idea who the Mayor of Salt Lake City is. Maybe there's a thousand couples married to different people in this parallel universe but you don't know any of these people so you wouldn't notice it.

Has there been any NDE's where people woke up and thought someone else was elected President or they didn't remember who someone famous was? This would probably be rare but there might be cases out there where people may have thought McCain was President or something on a bigger scale like that instead of waking up in a universe where there's a different Mayor of Rome, Georgia then there was in the universe where you died.

There's NDE's where people don't remember anything. Maybe those people never died in their original universe. So it was just like passing out where you don't remember anything. The people who have NDE's actually die in one universe and wake up in a parallel universe.

That would be interesting.

I remember I thought someone was dead. I was sure of it. I even remembered the news stories and everyone talking about this persons death. When I saw they were still alive, I was shocked. I just knew this person was dead. Could I have died in one universe where this person died and woke up in a parallel universe where this person was still alive?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

A few months ago, I broke my mom's cup straw and hid it (only the straw broke though). After that happened, I almost got hit by a car walking home but I swear I did get hit by it. Then all of a sudden there were no cars like anywhere in sight, not even the one I barely avoided.

The cup was forgotten for a while. Yesterday she asked me where it was, I said I didn't touch it. Now I didn't say this as a lie. I genuinely believed I had never hidden or broken the cup. I actually didn't even remember washing it the day I had actually broke it. (I know, this seems strange to read, it ties up.) Later that day she finds the cup and when I see it, I think to myself "wait....wasn't this straw broken?," but I think nothing of it at the time.

Reading this post allowed me to have an epiphany to connect the two dots. In transferring to another multiverse that allows me to continue the same timeline, I somehow brought over a tool of synchronicity to get me back on track. Kind of like a second chance because my role in this timeline isn't supposed to be over yet, and the death was a glitch. So the universe made a carbon copy of the original intention without me dying in that accident. And the straw was a symbol for me to recognize this, as I've reached heightened states of enlightenment in recent weeks.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Death is an illusion an eternal being needs to try and stay sane

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
There is no other universe - you are the universe.
The universe just shows a movie.
There are glitches.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Yes, the same thing has happened to me. Quite a few years ago I was chatting to my mother and asked when her friends daughter was due to give birth, she asked me who I was talking about so I told her, mother then informed me she wasn't aware of her being pregnant, I swore she'd told me of the pregnancy, she assured me that she didn't have a clue what I was talking about.. Around the same time again at my mums place a celebrity death was announced on the radio, I said aloud that I was sure that person had died a few months previously, and was sort of weirded out by the whole thing. The strangest thing was that my mother and sister also thought they were already dead also...

Meanwhile a few weeks later my mother called me to ask me how on earth I could have possibly known of Susan's pregnancy, seeing as she lived on the other side of the country and I hadn't spoken to her in years. So strange, I could have sworn I'd been told of her pregnancy....

My mother and I still talk about these incidents to this day, as I am certain I had conversations about both events previous to those occasions.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Just based on the fact that I never hear of someone in their twenties saying they remember being an old man in their 80's and got hit by a car, I doubt your consciousness would be able to shift into a younger version of yourself because there would be no parallel universe where you are decades younger. Your consciousness might be in heaven or maybe another version of your 80 year old body and you might think your memory was going. I thought that car hit me?

I do think it is possible your consciousness could shift into a very similar parallel universe if by some random chance, you accidentally died in one of those realities. I believe this possibly happened to me. That would explain a number of little changes in people and things I suddenly noticed. I fell asleep while driving home late at night. When I woke up, I was still on the road somehow much closer to home. I hate it when things suddenly disappear. I do believe if someone intentionally does something in one reality, then all similar parallel realities and universes will be the same. Now if something happens by random chance in one reality, other realities may not have had the same outcome.

I have wondered if you could do an out of body experience into a different parallel universe. Knowing you jumped might be difficult to determine. When people see ghosts or shadows flashing by in the corner of their eyes, I have wondered if they are actually catching glimpses of people in very close parallel realities or a very close universe.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The possible connections between altered dimensions/realities and NDEs is such an interesting connection.
I've posted the link on this site before, and it again addresses what you speak of, including the memories of celebs etc. passing.

The Mandela Effect

Found this site a couple years ago after a convo with a friend, about 8 or so years ago on our both having clear memories of Mandela dying in prison - even the year, 1989. He was on Oprah or something, and friend said after hesitating
"You know, I remember that he died years ago, when he was still in prison."
I was stunned, as I had the same memory. I remembered the funeral on tv, as well. You can call it mistaken info, bad memory cells, what ever any one wishes. It was damned freaky.

Nothing online til I found this site and man has it been a long read - appears there's a few more with the same memory. Appears its freaked a few out and led to more questioning.

From what I've summarized so far - and I've read the Mandela part more than once (402 comments to date):
- a few of the posters have also reported NDEs

Interesting thread!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Lanza has made a fundamental error in confusing post-mortem/superphysical levels of consciousness with the parallel realities view proposed in Hugh Everett's "Many Worlds" interptetation of quantum mechanics. Lanza would have you eternally shuffling about between quantum realities in which you had not died! That's his sublime notion of the eternal human spirit. To equate this with the heavens and paradises described by the world's religions is sheer ludicrous. Only someone with the arrogant, ignorant naievity often found in publicity-seeking scientists would propose such a ridiculous idea .....

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

That's very interesting about Mandela.

I think things like this happen more often than not, it's just most humans just explain these things away. I often thought that lines get crossed between parallel universes and sometimes we may experience and get a glimpse of another universe and then cross back into our universe.

I remember a friend asked me why was I in a rush when he saw me at the store earlier. He said I even turned around and looked at him when he tried walk up to me before I left the store. The only problem is, I was never at that store. I was with my girlfriend at the time at an Olive Garden across town.

My friend said, he must have been mistaken. I don't think like that. The first thing I thought of was maybe he did see me but he just got a glimpse of me being at that store in a parallel universe.

This happens a lot but when things like this happen most people just assume they were just mistaken.

I think there's a single consciousness that experiences many different reference frames. This single consciousness has many thoughts just like we do. We have thoughts locally while the single consciousness has thoughts non locally.

The thing is, we're the expressions of the thoughts of this single consciousness and we're also the single consciousness that has these thoughts. Mind is the ground state of everything.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Given the recent news that scientists were able to use teleportation with success using an atom, I now believe parallel universes exist. Before theatom regenerated here the scientists believed it traveled to a parallel universe. This is truly exciting. It is a very long way from proof, but really cool.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The best way to summarize and describe my own NDE experience is the scenes of Doctor Who, minus the corny telephone booth.

The sunshine (coming in from nearby windows) got brighter, whiter and then I heard a 'whirlpool' sound as if i was being sucked into a spiral vacuum. It was very loud, loud enough that I stopped hearing the EMTs above me trying to resuscitate. I was travelling, but to a whole other dimension! It felt like I was passing thru tunnels and was eventually going to pop out of one like a waterpark slide!

But instead, the whirlpool or wormhole sound softens and I began hearing the EMTs t alking about my vitals and was suddenly looking down at one flashing a flashlight right up in my eyeball. My though was oh gosh she's going to blind me if I dont blink. But I couldnt blink, I had to send my body a message telling it to blink. I tried hard to send my body that message. I became distracted at that point by the total detachment while looking down at my body. I was only in my 20s and had my whole life ahead of me and now I was already leaving my body? I pictured what my mom and dad were doing since they were all the way cross country on the east coast, and it was like I could see them eating at the dinner table together without me. I thought I would see other people that had passed on in this void above my body floating in the air, but nobody was around. I asked myself God where are you, can I feel you. I felt no supernatural presence, but rather, as if my conscience was just part of the rest of existence and that if I remained out of my body, I would just be stuck in this state of pretty much talking to myself via thoughts for all eternity. It was sad.

Moments later, I could feel my eyes open and felt my body all of a sudden. It wasnt gradual. I was out of my body one moment, and back in it the next. The EMT were giving me IV fluids and said my blood pressure had drop too low. Which is weird, cuz I suffer high blood pressure all my life ever since 12yo and i would always take only a fraction of my BP-loweing meds since i turned like 18 cuz prefer natural stuff like bananas, sweet potatos, etc to help keep my bp in check. Anyways they took me to the ER and the bill was like a grand and it was a waste of time cuz after waiting hours and hours in the crowded ER the doctor who saw me just said I should take even less of my atenolol than i already was =/

anyways ever since, i have noticed very subtle but persistent differences in my surroundings. the main ones being that colors seem brighter than i remember, especially greens and purples. i see blue dots dancing around blacklights whereas before i never used to see them. also my body isnt as sensitive as it used to be. the sun is yellower than i remember, and the night sky more crowded with stars than i recall. people tell me that my hair got blacker (often asking if i dye it jet black, i dont) and my eyes lighter i dont believe they actually did, but that reality has shifted somehow. i know, i'm crazy but that's how i really feel.. the world has gotten even crazier.

oh, and the news.. its like actors nowadays. can't stand to watch the news anymore aside from the weather and tech news but not social events. ditto for social networking.. it seems so 'dark matter' now!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sovan

If you have Netflix, I think you'd enjoy watching the show "Black Mirror". Only don't watch the first episode until later. The pilot episode is a bit too intense on the negative.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I don’t know how to private message on here, I have been a student of WSU in the USA.
I died for over 25 min. In 2011 and have recorded some incidents since. You’re on to something with this idea I believe. Please PM me.

new topics

top topics

join