It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Climate Change Deniers, Meet Australia's Wildfire-Raging, Bat-Killing, Kangaroo-Fainting, iPad

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
With the USA just getting over the big freeze, I didn't notice the big fry down under. I hope you all were more aware....

As mean average temperate continues to rise we will experience every more of these gargantuan peaks and troughs as the plannet attempts to find a new balance point - homeostasis. But that 'set point' has been and will continue to rise until (even after) we take drastic action. It really is of no concern what 'cause' you want to sight it matters that we can (and have to) take action.

www.commondreams.org...

Forget the Polar Vortex. Australia is very hot. Australia is so hot its Bureau of Meteorology issued a special statement documenting the "highly significant" heat wave, even worse than last year's, with record-breaking 122 degree readings that necessitated adding new colors to its weather maps. It's so hot a new website, Scorcher, has been set up to track the heat wave. And walls of wildfires deemed "catastrophic" are decimating the countryside, having already hit a nuclear research facility containing two reactors. And up to 100,000 bats have fallen dead from the sky, and parrots, kangaroos and other wildlife are collapsing and dying from the heat, and the country's new conservative climate-change-denying prime minister has remained strangely mute despite a report following last summer's then-record-breaking heat wave that conclusively linked it to climate change, and you are not advised to try to use your iPad or other electronics, which will likely die. But not to worry. It's cold here, so there's no global warming.

edit on 10-1-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Really, you'd have to be an idiot to deny "climate change " as such, because climate change is what happens naturely and has been going on since...well forever. Wonder why they don't use the term "globalwarming" anymore? Maybe it'snot politically correct or maybe it's just a load of bull and an excuse to syphon off more tax from the gullible.

"Even the IPCC confirmed in its fifth assessmernt report from last September: There has been no statistically significant warming in the last one and half decades."

Above quote and more here - www.sott.net...

Global warming - what a joke, "man made" your a comedian - get real people and wake up.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It's the sun...but will play along for fun.

What is the temperature of the earth suppose to be?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I heard about Australia yesterday and it's too bad there are so many fires but you say we must take action. I agree we can come up with better ways than spewing crap into the atmosphere but is there anything out there that tells us how much of an impact it will have if we reduce - and how long it would take to see a reduction in severity (if at all)?

I watched an inconvenient truth long ago. I don't recall the scale of change proposed by the model (if one existed). I remember increases if we continued poluting but not expected effect if we stopped today. Maybe I'll look it up tomorrow when my brain is in research mode but is this what you're proposing?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
there's a thing happening in Australia at the moment....

and we here call it......SUMMER.......

every summer is hot here....animals die...fire's burning...sometimes people die from the heat....

also our media is known to.....get this....exaggerate...scare monger....

where I'm living in Aus....it's a normal summer...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I live in Australia , it is called summer. You are full #¤% OP.
edit on 10-1-2014 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Well this line is certainly an attention getter

with record-breaking 122 degree readings that necessitated adding new colors to its weather maps.

Well that is what I would call an extreme. Hard boiled eggs before the chickens lay them type of news.

Well not all Americans are so dumb to think localized weather dictates global mean. I am sure we will be seeing even more extremes on both ends of the spectrum in years too come that is what was predicted and it seems to be playing out just as they said.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
We get these heat waves every year about this time. The West gets them even worse. So far where I live it has been a cool spring followed by a typical start to summer. The only difference to SE QLD heatwave that killed the bats is that the air that is usually further inland was sitting over the coast for a few days. Ten years ago (on my wedding day and the day after) it was exactly the same - and I was wearing a suit with a collar and tie .

edit on 11/1/14 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Climate change is cyclical. I'm sure 20 years ago Australia was quite warm as it is now. Mother nature is amazing and will take care of it. Granted it might be in the form of something devastating but if that's her intent....

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

edit on 11-1-2014 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I do agree. It's winter here in America. In the other side of the hemisphere it's summer.

The fake science hippies do this every summer. Then hibernate in the winter, until the summer arrives again.
edit on 11-1-2014 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
So tell me historically, what is the "normal" temperature of the Earth? See, "normal" to many folks is what we are currently used to, and any change is claimed to be "devastating to the planet". As the charts below show (data provided from Antarctic ice core air samples) the temperature gradient we are experiencing during the modern human wave (approx 9,000 years now) is itself an anomaly and not "normal" for the planet.

In fact, if you notice the temp spike at approx 320,000 and 125,000 years is much higher than it is today. The fear should be that we will lose OUR temperature gradient and are risking the future of the human race. The planet itself, will survive anything we can do to it, as we are just a fleeting buzzing gnat in it's face.
edit on 1/11/2014 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I have only read about the bats on here , we have only had 1 really hot day this summer so far , though some outback places got pretty hot .
Now this week is supposed to be hot hot hot , three days near forty , which is over the hundred I think 105 something like that .

With your freeze , I have read what people have suggested and have been surprised no one mentions polar shift / joke.

1%

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

tri-lobe-1
there's a thing happening in Australia at the moment....

and we here call it......SUMMER.......

every summer is hot here....animals die...fire's burning...sometimes people die from the heat....

also our media is known to.....get this....exaggerate...scare monger....

where I'm living in Aus....it's a normal summer...

I live in Australia , it is called summer. You are full #¤% OP.

It's funny how you guys think you speak for all of Australia. Maybe you are in a part that isn't extreme but 122 degrees is definitely extreme, or do you guys always have temps this high? Just another day in the sun, hey. LOL. Bats falling out of the sky is pretty extreme, I'd say. If it's so normal, shouldn't the kangaroos be used to it and not be falling over dead, or is the news just making that up? You speak for all of Australia but every news item I read states differently. What are you afraid of admitting...what are you trying to hide? Why are you so determined to undermine the facts and the facts are clear...Australia is experiencing it's second extremely hot (above average) summer in a row.
edit on 11-1-2014 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

I wish I knew where you got those graphs from but I guess sourcing them might make it where they could be debunked.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com...

Nice try kid. CO2 is at one of its lowest in history.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
They have IPADs in Australia?

Who knew?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Grimpachi

I wish I knew where you got those graphs from but I guess sourcing them might make it where they could be debunked.

Not all smart-aZZ....

If you take the time to read THIS post in a previous thread, all will be revealed.
Global Warming Slowdown Is Not Good News

..."check and mate", mate...

Unless of course you want to ignore ACTUAL data in favor of your "feelings" on this subject. Then wallow in it...

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Krakatoa
So tell me historically, what is the "normal" temperature of the Earth? See, "normal" to many folks is what we are currently used to, and any change is claimed to be "devastating to the planet". As the charts below show (data provided from Antarctic ice core air samples) the temperature gradient we are experiencing during the modern human wave (approx 9,000 years now) is itself an anomaly and not "normal" for the planet.

In fact, if you notice the temp spike at approx 320,000 and 125,000 years is much higher than it is today. The fear should be that we will lose OUR temperature gradient and are risking the future of the human race. The planet itself, will survive anything we can do to it, as we are just a fleeting buzzing gnat in it's face.
edit on 1/11/2014 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

What you need to find out is the effect of CO2 ppm on positive feedback loops. For more details, read the NAS final report on the matter.

Also, deniers did try to come up with their own study of the matter by funding BEST, but the results went against what they were expecting:

thinkprogress.org... -carbon-pollution/

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Ha ha...see above.

Says it all.

That is why it is in the T&C to provide sources when posting such things.

You are even deluded enough to believe we are supposed to look up your posting history and know everything you have said in previous threads.

What was it you said....if I only took the time to read what you said in a previous thread...really? You know I have some choice words for that.. Can you guess which thread they are in?
edit on 11-1-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join