It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebration [Jan2014]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The Cletus tree dwellers were swinging and chattering in the trees above his head. They had begun their new year’s celebration by consuming large amounts of the hallucinatory moss that grew in the damp clefts of the trees. The females had adorned their hair with the beautiful ivory orchids that brought such contrast to their lime green skin. He was always drawn by their graceful beauty and wished this society allowed for interspecies relationships.

As an off-worlder he was not allowed to interact with the indigenous peoples on that level. He was there as a scientist only to observe and report their behaviors in a cold and academic manner. In a little less than a year he had been on planet he had come to have favorites of the tree dwellers. In particular there was one female of exceptional beauty and courage that stood out from the rest.

He would often find her eyes on him while he was studying the behavior of others. He would look up and see her watching with great curiosity. He wasn’t supposed to but he found himself smiling at her and she would return the smile. He knew if he was caught he would lose his position and be sent back to earth.

He had stayed out in the jungle after dark even though he had been warned that he had to be back inside their camp before the sun went down. He was told New Years Eve was a very dangerous night to be out. Previous scientists had mysteriously disappeared. He wasn’t worried though and looked forward to seeing the celebration. He thought it would be easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask permission.

The twin moons would cross over their paths and would appear to become one. It was a sacred night for the tree people. As he watched the moons through the canopy above him he suddenly felt the presence of someone nearby in the shadows. As he watched, the shadow moved toward him and suddenly he recognized it was the form of the female that he had grown fond of. Her beauty revealed by the moonlight took his breath away.

She stood before him completely naked. Her fragrance was so powerful he experienced a wild, intense desire for her. She stepped closer and with one hand extended she brought some of the moss to his mouth and he found himself opening up and he began to eat her offering. As the drug took hold of him he took hold of her and pulled her into his embrace.

There under the light of the two moons they became lovers and joined together as one. Their embrace was indescribably delicious, and he felt as if they truly were one. With the moons now in full embrace she led him to a large Cletus tree and he began to climb up with her. His fear of heights had disappeared in his new found confidence in her. He found himself mimicking her movements through the limbs as they swung from tree to tree.

Finally, they arrived at a large nest built into the limbs of the tree. She led him to a bed made of soft downy feathers and they sank into it and once again melted into their mutual embrace. He lost all sense of time. All he knew was his love for this woman. He knew they would never be parted.

He awoke to her gentle stirrings as light broke through leaves and he saw her loveliness next to him. As he studied his surroundings the light revealed something amazing. His skin was starting to change color. He was becoming green like her. Even in it’s strangeness it didn’t upset him. She opened her beautiful eyes and saw his skin and smiled at him.

He now understood the purpose of the celebration. It was to bring new blood and DNA into their group to maintain genetic health. As he lay there for a moment pondering in his scientific mind he realized it didn’t matter anymore. He realized without regret he would never rejoin the ground walkers. All that mattered was he was there with his love. He was a new man celebrating a new year!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

Wonderful story my friend! True love knows no boundaries...
And Happy New Year and new beginning!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Thank you my friend! Your insight in wishing me a new year really hit home. "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks". My story may have contained some personal desire to move on in newness. Personally I think I would look good green!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

That's a nice story. And if only I could be snuggled up like that I would be a happy man. Maybe one day
.....ps I never got to the supermarket for beef jerky
..So that story is to be continued!!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Gorgeous, just gorgeous.

B x

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This is a really sweet story, great storytelling too.

new topics

top topics

join