It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perspectives

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
There is an interesting difference between Western and Eastern Cultures and Western and Indigenous culture. There are is a way to generate a personal sensation of energy. This in relation to what I offered in relation to placing a pencil near the forehead and how that translates in many indigenous cultures. In relation to Buddhist, Toltec, Mayan, Egyptian, Hindu and so on.... cultures, in regard to there renderings the forehead, is adorned in some way. But when it comes to the Greeks, Romans and Judeo Christian in general as well as the Muslims, has been regarded differently.

If anything it seems that with respect to Judeo-Christian it is realistically a taboo to mark and or adorn ones forehead to some.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Well I associate any adornment of the forehead as recognising the 'third-eye' (pineal gland). I tend to see cultures that practice meditation to be more into the forehead adornment.

This I can sympathise with, when I meditate there is definitely a collection of, tension or focus or energy.. however you want to describe it, that collects around this area.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I see forehead adornment as possibly symbolizing the covering or hiding of the thrid eye. What happens when you put an eye patch over an eye? You can no longer see out of it. I think the same may go for forehead adornments, though I'm far from an expert on the practice or the synbolism related to it.

Then again, it could symbolize the opening of the third eye whereas having a mark on the forehead is frowned upon by Christianity because of that symbolism.
edit on 35011717CST353 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
I see forehead adornment as possibly symbolizing the covering or hiding of the thrid eye. What happens when y8u put an eye patch over an eye? You can no longer see out of it. I think the same may go for forehead adornments, though I'm far from an expert on the practice or the synbolism related to it.

Well I think adornment is actually the opposite of that, a lot of crystals are meant to resonate with your chakras. Adorning your third eye with a gem that compliments it's energies is meant to enhance it.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

I edited my post to include that. I don't know, I was just throwing ideas out there.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

From my point of view either your third eye works (and your mind become less blind and boxed in because of it) or you are totally blind and only controlled by what you have been taught and your ego mind and illusions. Some do the work and rise above themselves and some do not rise above themselves and take up the lingo anyway to fake it.

The ones who seek ego faith will get ego faith. The ones who seek truth will get the truth. Many people speak of things they have not experienced and make culture out of it that is not the real thing. People have put priest to do things, a big percentage of them have no capability to do.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If one sees with one eye instead of two (duality) then one will be at peace.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Funny thing is Jesus taught about the third eye.

Matthew 6
22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

In my opinion the single eye Jesus is talking about is what some call the third eye or minds eye. The minds eye is the light that we see, the image created within the mind that gives us spatial awareness.

If you meld your two eyes into one, you have the image of light that you see. If you realize this single eye, your body becomes full of light. We all see the single eye but few take the time to realize it.
edit on 35011818CST353 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Jesus was spreading the message of non duality (Advaita Vedanta).

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
In my deepest states of meditation the 'energy' for lack of a better word was very much non-localized as was my consciousness. If anything prior to that I felt in in the chest. Heart Chakra if you will…though I personally don't subscribe to those types of ideas.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

The only reason I am willing to believe in the chakras is because they are located down the centre of your 'magentic field'. Your brain also has one, so this would imply that chakras are focal points in the center of it.

This is also why I believe crystal therapy works, because they can 'interfere' (for lack of better word) and resonate with your frequency differently.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
I see forehead adornment as possibly symbolizing the covering or hiding of the thrid eye. What happens when you put an eye patch over an eye? You can no longer see out of it. I think the same may go for forehead adornments, though I'm far from an expert on the practice or the synbolism related to it.

Then again, it could symbolize the opening of the third eye whereas having a mark on the forehead is frowned upon by Christianity because of that symbolism.
edit on 35011717CST353 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Take a pencil with a metal tip that holds the eraser and place it about 2 centimeters. Begin at the bridge of the nose and slowly move it back and forth, along the same line to the hairline.

Begin trying to replicate the experience through meditation.

As another member has already mentioned yes, the intent of a headdress is to stimulate the area in question.

Something interesting to point out is that it seems very apparent that any person can have this experience.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Well the idea of meditation is to bring your attention onto yourself, recalling a stimulation of a certain area will definitely help bring your attention to that point, which for me has brought on the more powerful meditation sessions.

My personal way of finding it is a bit more abstract. I follow my breath into my lungs, then follow the freshly oxygenated blood up my neck and into my brain, this ultimately reaches my third eye (very quickly) and when it does it feels like a door has been blasted open.

I highly recommend experimenting with following oxygenated blood, some will say it's a trick of the mind and that you can't 'feel' your blood, however, every part of your body has nerves and the ability to 'feel'. It's all about tapping into those sensations.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

As a young child my father who also was raised in relation to indigenous ways would rub my forehead every day.

Learning to consciously control this experience is apparent as a factor in ascending.

For me anyway it seems apparent this understanding was hidden, due to how it is emphasized both positively and negatively.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
For the record in relation to Qi and Tummo there are the hands.

Also not all types of metal have the same effect and copper seems to work real well.
edit on 10-1-2014 by Kashai because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Ascension? We are getting deeper now my friend!

I think our next stage of evolution will be through a mass ego death, it would change the way we all perceive the world and man-kind would inevitably work together at a much more effective pace. This can only be achieved through meditation (so far), perhaps it could be achieved naturally after time but we are certainly not ready yet.

This stimulation of the third-eye does seem like a move towards this maybe? Hard to tell... Was this a conscious action by your father, like is he aware of the importance of the third-eye?

As for only certain metals working, perhaps this is similar to the crystals, they resonate at different frequencies and some are more compatible with others... The theory certainly fits, but still a theory without some proper ground work and control studies.
edit on 10-1-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Proving spirituality because of this, does present a conclusion. That presenting how it is possible, affects every individual on this planet.

I doubt seriously that in ancient times the idea of applying these forms was presented to the masses.

As evidence I would site the extent today that it is not discussed and only referenced symbolically in ancient cultures.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Being able to consciously control this experience implies a developmental issue.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Kashai

Proving spirituality because of this, does present a conclusion. That presenting how it is possible, affects every individual on this planet.

I doubt seriously that in ancient times the idea of applying these forms was presented to the masses.

As evidence I would site the extent today that it is not discussed and only referenced symbolically in ancient cultures.

Any thoughts?

I would say the opposite actually, I believe the adornment was an attempt at presenting this to the masses. However it has of course not survived the modern age, especially with Brits going over and calling it all 'Hogwash!' as I can see them saying lol

It is discussed very broadly in modern culture, just not in the MSM, if you know where to look you can find plenty of references.

Kashai
Being able to consciously control this experience implies a developmental issue.

Any thoughts?

I would say the opposite again, this is a developmental evolution. If we could consciously control it without any help, that would be a revelation.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What I mean by developmental is learning to do this is no different than say learning to walk.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join