It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Country scares you the most? What Country do you think is the most likely to spark WW3?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Therefore, it is not religion you hate, but those who are the antithesis of God.

Oh. Okay. Yeah, I find religion fascinating, actually, as a subject of anthropological and sociological and psychological study.

So, I'll amend my statement to:
I HATE what PEOPLE DO to OTHER PEOPLE in the name of "religion."

Cool?
*fist bump*

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
So.....what's the score, OP?

Want me to count it up?
(I'm guessing USA will be #1 - just from reading the thread results).

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The U.S. of course, considering how there has to be a war to put an end to economic woes, and the U.S. thinks it's just fine to send thugs to take what it wants to resell it to it's stupid "consumer based economy" ( I have always resented being referred to as a consumer, sounds so much like a big old bovine or swine slopping up gunk from the bottom of the pen.).

War disposes of un-established / excess population, costs lots of money, and distracts people from how much misery they are in by giving people an example of more misery someplace else, all by a keystroke of the keyboard or remote, right there on that big fat flat screen you took out a loan to buy (if you bought it with a credit card, it's still a loan silly).

History shows how things go, of course someone else will be blamed when things go bad, like the homeless being blamed for reducing the curb appeal of the mortgaged cage some weasel got screwed into taking out a loan to buy when in reality he couldn't afford it, can't actually admit that now, can we?, or wait, it could be the "illegal immigrants" who supposedly took you crappy job away you constantly complained about, it couldn't possibly be those who employ them as a result of the accepted business model you helped develop and allowed to grow into what is accepted now, NO!!.

The U.S. is a young country compared to most, and older, more mature countries consider it to be a threat. It was founded on good principles but has been corrupted by the old world way of doing things which it was founded to get away from in the beginning.

Maybe something will happen, like the citizens of the U.S. growing spines and taking things back, going back to the way things were a century ago, considering everything is finite, there is no such thing a sustainable development.

Nature will take care of everything, human nature destroys everything.

The next mess is going to be ugly since we don't even make our own drones or robots around here, let alone anything else, never mind our limited (8 minute) attention span.

America is a giant amusement park chock full of stupid clowns who don't know a whole lot about anything particularly useful to anyone but themselves, ruthless clowns....

Maybe the Georgia Guidestones were right, maybe that's the plan, maybe I don't really care anyway.
edit on 12-1-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Okay, here's the tally so far:
Iran 2
USA 22
Canada 1
Israel 17
N Korea 6
Pakistan 3
China 4
S Africa 1
Russia 3
Saudi Arabia 3
Switzerland 1

Ugh.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Alter that to read " I hate what people do to each other in the name of brand loyalty", that's where it begins.

Damn, Chevrolets suck, as do those who would be silly enough to drive them...............

See where I'm going with this?.

Doesn't matter, never mind.....

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

See where I'm going with this?.

No. Not really.

Doesn't matter, never mind.....

Oh. Okay. Too bad, I'd have liked to hear your further thoughts.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

The reality is that you have not read the bible through . There is a ton of prophecy for the latter days that does have to do with what is about to happen . The Bible says Israel will be right in the middle of it along with Russia and Iran . The Bible also points to the 10 kings of the world which have no kingdoms as of yet and will give their power to the AC . But these 10 Kings are heads of Jewish families that are the most wealthy people in the world and are the Global Elite behind the Bilderberg NWO scheme . The Bible tells us after 2000 years the Temple will be rebuilt and that is just about to happen . The Sanhedrin has been reconvened after 2000 years of banishment from the Temple Mount .
Don't let your hatred of Religion fool you it is real ! No matter what you want to believe.
Read Ezekiel 37 where Israel rebuilds it's nation, 38 about the participants in that war of Gog and Magog and research it . To do so does not commit you to change your mind but it will give you better understanding of what we are talking about .

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Even though the US has been the most destructive country for the last 3 decades it will NOT be them in my opinion. Not starting it!

The only country purely tainted enough and evil enough is Israel!!!

And those who say Canada...im unsure whether that is a joke or not. I don't think a country like Canada will. They clearly couldn't win a war. Just look at the documentary on their Navy - Love Boat.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I was referring to the myriad of wedges people carry around to drive between each other, and sometimes into each other.

Figuratively of course.

I was in the military until I realized that nobody was my enemy by nature, the enemy, "us and them" stuff was conditioned into us.

You have to look down on something, someone, in order to kill them/it without giving it any thought, like people have to do when they work in a slaughterhouse. It's a form of madness.

Works the same way everywhere.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

boymonkey74
I think the overall answer will be the USA but not the people of the USA the government of the USA.

The people of the United States are complicit through enabling the monsters in power. And yes I understand that I said that as an American citizen.

I too agree that the U.S. is the most terrifying country... well ever. If WWIII kicks off, the world will end to the chant of "USA USA!"

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

The reality is that you have not read the bible through . There is a ton of prophecy for the latter days that does have to do with what is about to happen .

I've already told you, SimonPeter....with all due respect: the Bible does not influence me in the least. Thanks for your heartfelt advice, however.

The job of humanity at this juncture is to make PEACE ON EARTH; without the 'help' of some demigod/God showing up.
Because that isn't going to happen.

The Bible has nothing to do with it, in my opinion...and anyone who is sitting back thinking, "yes, yes, Hmhmhmhmhm..." (with a Dr Evil laugh), and rubbing his/her palms together in anticipation of such a catastrophic (preventable) sequence of events with glee - is not someone I care to align with. Ever.

But, rest assured...
if it happens as you predict, I will eat my words. Even if none of us remain alive to hear one another....

I'll see you on the flip side, SimonPeter.

edit on 1/12/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom7

America and Israel.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Thanks. It helps me make sense of the world to hear what others' thoughts are.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

It seems inevitable to me that Israel will be behind the Next Large Scale Conflict .

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There is another reason to think it will be the USA in one way or another, overly or covertly.

Obama is enamored of FDR and seems to be running the 1930s playbook as closely as he can. In the end, the thing that kick-started our economy was war production in WWII, and what solidified our status was that we had the only undestroyed manufacturing base in the world after WWII so that our government could enact punitive 90% taxation and still have a humming business base ... there was simply nowhere else for the businesses to go.

Now, I don't know if they're silly enough to think they can recreate that, but I'll bet if they do, it backfires on them magnificently.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
North Korea, Iran and Pakistan cannot cause WW III because they don't have enough nukes. Any nuke that these countries launch will be intercepted by The US or Russian, Chinese nuclear arsenals within seconds if they thought it was a threat. They are petty dictators with petty kingdoms and tech they have to keep together with duct tape. These guys are not the problem. The problem will be with the micronization of weapons. Baby nukes set off by disgruntled and brainwashed religious idiots. Russia, China and the US all enjoy life and not living in a radioactive yard. Religious fanatics want to die.They will sacrifice their families and themselves for religious rage. India has nukes as well but I doubt if they would use them unless it was about Pakistan sending a nuke to their country. They really hate Pakistan. The US, India and Russia need each other and we all need China. Religious fanatics are what I'm scared of. They have no respect for life and they don't care about improving their lives or their countries. They want to die for the invisible man upstairs for some reward. That scares me. Isreal is arrogant and they have a serious superiority complex. Napoleon? They talk a lot but they are afraid of Iran. But I'd be more afraid of Iran if they had minibombs than a nuclear missle. Our Technology is pretty advanced and we have technology that people don't know about (I'm assuming black budget stuff and space stuff they wont let out to the public). So I'm not too worried about Nuclear missles. Solar flares that take out worlds power grids, which cause all the nuke reactors to go critical in a few days, Hell yes. Not so much nuclear weapons.
edit on 12-1-2014 by texasyeti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hey Wildtimes!!
thanks for tallying it up for me! you beat me to the punch

Okay, here's the tally so far:
Iran 2
USA 22
Canada 1
Israel 17
N Korea 6
Pakistan 3
China 4
S Africa 1
Russia 3
Saudi Arabia 3
Switzerland 1

Ugh.

We're going to keep generating more stats here I imagine. Everyone has made some very interesting points on this thread about the capabilities of certain countries and scenarios that could either prevent a country from getting involved or motives that could compel them to get involved with going down in the history books as that " God forsaken, idiotic" country that turned earth back into the stone age with a nuclear offensive!

I don't know why, Because all the points seem to make strong cases for the US and Israel being the ones who would be the most likely to start WW3, but I just don't trust Iran. Maybe I has something to do with it's location, it's secretiveness, it's obsession with becoming the greatest nuclear power ( even if they aren't right now), and the fact that they've talked about "wiping Israel off the map before"

We need to keep in mind, the US though It is turning into a very unconsitiional policed state seemingly by the day, still stands so much more to lose- being that they are a superpower- If they overplay their hand.
Iran on the other hand is a country full of devout Muslim men who undoubtedly have a serious hatred for Israel, the ways of the west etc... and are in a position where they could win the backing of the entire Arab world with an enormous strike.
We need to remember Islam by far has the bloodiest history when it comes to persecuting others. An Armed Islamic country that could win the support of the Arab world and launch a "Holy War" is terrifying.
Because once it becomes a religious war- the fear of death fades away for many.

Most countries can't be trusted, but there's something about Iran that terrifies me.
Jesus will have the final say in my belief though!, so we can't become to consumed by current events and the fear propaganda out there

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Where is PALAU!!!

We need to remember Islam by far has the bloodiest history when it comes to persecuting others

inquisition and crusades ring a bell?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Indinget- While I agree with you that the inquisitions and Crusades among atrocities committed leave a very dark spot on the history of the Church. two things need to be taken into account.

1. the Crusades were executed by the Roman Catholic Church. I'm not saying Roman Catholics are not Christians. But what I am saying is all it takes is a corrupt leadership, that's misguided at best and downright evil at worst to threaten hell to everyone who wouldn't obey the Pope's commands to go out and slaughter Muslims.
The problem here? - The bible never told us to give any allegiance to Pope's on Earth who supposedly represented God.
Claiming these horrific events that took place are set into motion by true authentic Christians is just not historically accurate. True Christians know the real war is Spiritual ( Ephesians 6) and they don't fight for a kingdom here on earth, nor will they barbarically murder other human beings.

2. I don't want to be "That Guy" that points to historical data, or current day statistics that are OVERWHELMING in their depiction of the countless of millions on top of millions that have been slaughtered in the name of Islam, and continue to be slaughtered all over Africa, the Middle East etc...
I am open enough to admit that the majority of Muslims are peaceful people who seek only the same basic needs as other human beings, and wouldn't commit acts or murder, genocide etc... I understand the religion has extreme sects that give all a bad reputation- this applies to Christians, Muslims and other faiths.

You just don't hear of Christians in Syria Blowing up mosques, but it's a common occurrence to hear of a minority group of Christians having their church decimated by Muslims in that country.. ( once again these aren't your peaceful muslims who are oppressed as well. It's US funded extreme Islamic terrorist groups that carries these out)

In Egypt- same story.. Majority of that country is muslim, and the minority of Christians there routinely endure imprisonment, church bombings and severe persection.

The examples and statistics are overwhelming that Islam has a track record of killing Christians that make Christian Killings over other religions pale in comparison.. I need to research further to understand the true origins behind why this is happening, and I need to not be naïve and understand the fence can swing both ways in times of war especially. Just because I'm Christians by no means am I being biased.. I'm just aware of the stats.

I can post them If you want, but I know If you do a simply google search you will see what I'm hinting at here.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join