It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I carry - even at home.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Better to be called a lunatic then to be beat to death in your own home by a bad guy.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

I can defend myself without carrying a weapon.

Just saying. It's my point.

I said if weak people feel the need to carry a weapon then it's their right.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

Burglars usually target nice quiet neighborhoods.

I've had a neighbor whose house was broken into 7 times.

he finally got a big dog and that solved the problem.

You never know when some jerks are going to try something. Be safe.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I carry everyday everywhere except for places that it's illegal to. I have known people to get robbed/attacked in all kinds of places you wouldn't expect it. Hell we had an elderly neighbor get killed randomly and the guy never robbed her just came in and killed her. I also knew a kid from high school who got strung out on pills...him and his girl tied up an old couple and beat their dog to death in front of them for laughs before killing them and fleeing in their car to head to FL. These things happened in nice neighborhoods at random...any of these situations could have been stopped had the homeowners been armed. So you go on and say it's silly and stupid, but if you ever find yourself in the position of being unarmed during a deadly home invasion just remember your own words...and then mine "I told you so"

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

justreleased

Do you have mental powers ;p
I use my fists if i have to.

but if a 2 or more people break in and rob you. can you defend yourself from many assailants? I don't know.
edit on 10-1-2014 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

link   

justreleased
reply to post by CeeRZ

I feel sad for you if you feel the need to carry a gun/weapon in order to feel safe.

It is your right but.....whatever. Some people are thick.

I carry, and I don't feel one bit sorry for myself or others who do, I happen to enjoy life and intend on enjoying it a lot more. Our Sheriff puts out a weekly news list that contains arrests made around the county... our county is small too; so with knowing how many idiots are out there kinda makes you rethink some things... just saying
edit on 1/10/2014 by Shdak because: (no reason given)

link   

justreleased
reply to post by CeeRZ

I feel sad for you if you feel the need to carry a gun/weapon in order to feel safe.

A small body menber comes to mind

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

justreleased

You'd be the guy we see on the news...homeowner shot by home invasion burglers. Unconfirmed reports say the burglers shot (insert your name here) after he tried fighting the burglers off. If you have any information about this crime please call blah blah blah...I'm sure you get it...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

?

Are you being sarcastic.

I can defend myself with my hands. I typically don't carry or need a weapon. i.e. gun.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Maxatoria
If the USA is going that paranoid i'm amazed they can take a shower or any other activity that involves water or both hand without one hand being on a gun sometimes and i have this vision of bubba on the can with a 12 bore pointing at the door

If they have to live in constant fear in the USA then its certainly doing something wrong.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

RickyD

justreleased

You'd be the guy we see on the news...homeowner shot by home invasion burglers. Unconfirmed reports say the burglers shot (insert your name here) after he tried fighting the burglers off. If you have any information about this crime please call blah blah blah...I'm sure you get it...

So be it.

I'm not paranoid.

Edit - Criminals won't control my way of life.
edit on 10-1-2014 by justreleased because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

I carry one in my house, at church, at stores, its within reach 24/7

The people that don't, just don't want anything to do with their constitutional rights.

I don't ever want to hear their stories about how they couldn't protect themselves or their families when SHTF.

The dumbed down is exactly that. PERIOD.

Thin the herds... the people against the idea of carry a gun are the ones that endorse a police state!

BTW, big S&F

edit on 10-1-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: last line

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by justreleased

No but they very well may one day prematurely end it...and if your fine with that good...I could care less. However if you think someone is paranoid or stupid for wanting some assurances they would survive in a situation like a violent home invasion you seem like the stupid one to me...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by justreleased

I could shoot someone before they can touch me with their hands if it comes to it.

But then again, I live in Alaska where over 90% of citizens carry. The people I know here have much respect for each other.

Also, with my character of being known as a nice A-hole, most don't bother a redneck, backwoods, mountain man.

I live in peace and harmony.

Speak softly and carry a big stick~Winston Churchill

link   

justreleased

I can't wrap my head around the ignorance of that statement. So what, she's supposed to be at home alone and unprotected while the robber comes through the door with his own guns? Is she just supposed to sit there and take whatever the robber dishes out?

Eff that. If someone comes through my door, they're eating lead, period.

You can feel sad and sorry for those of us that carry if you like, but we'll be the one's surviving while those who think they can get away with crimes against people and their property will be laying on the floor.

justreleased
Some people are thick.

Yes, yes they are.

justreleased
I can defend myself with my hands.

Not if you're being shot from across the room.

edit on 10-1-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Wow.

You know what worries me if tshtf is not the 'criminals' it's the "Law Abiding Citizens".

Every gun wielding idiot in town will be shooting at every other untrained or under trained moron with a gun.

People need to understand that owning a firearm doesn't mean you know how to use the weapon. (again I roll my eyes and chuckle.)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

justreleased

Ok Neo, please share the technique how to avoid and stop the bullets coming at you...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

This thread is just one reason why i am glad not to be living in The US.

2nd

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Ditto, a million stars to you if I could. The ignorance of some huh? LOL

I'm thinking the poster is in law enforcement, tsa, or obama supporter?
They hate thinking for themselves, or soulless.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

crazyewok
If they have to live in constant fear in the USA then its certainly doing something wrong.

Maybe for some it's constant fear, but for most of the rest of us it's just another tool. My gun on my belt when I'm out and about is no different than a hammer on my belt while I'm at work. They're both tools to be used when necessary.

No fear or paranoia are required to use either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join