It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MK ULTRA and YOU

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Project MKULTRA

Project MKUltra is the code name of a U.S. government human research operation experimenting in the behavioral engineering of humans through the CIA's Scientific Intelligence Division. The program began in the early 1950s, was officially sanctioned in 1953, was reduced in scope in 1964, further curtailed in 1967 and officially halted in 1973.

Some historians have asserted that creating a "Manchurian Candidate" subject through "mind control" techniques was a goal of MKUltra and related CIA projects.
Did they REALLY "halt" the program?

One 1955 MKUltra document gives an indication of the size and range of the effort; this document refers to the study of an assortment of mind-altering substances described as follows:

CIA documents suggest that "chemical, biological and radiological" means were investigated for the purpose of mind control as part of MKUltra. A secret memorandum granted the MKUltra director up to six percent of the CIA research budget in fiscal year 1953, without oversight or accounting. An estimated $10 million USD (roughly $87.5 million adjusted for inflation) or more was spent.
So, drugs was a big part of the project? And, did they really "halt" the program? Let's fast forward to today's world.

More than one in 10 Americans use antidepressants

Antidepressants were the third-most common drug used by Americans of all ages between 2005 and 2008 and they were the most common drug among people aged 18 to 44, according to an analysis by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Center for Health Statistics.

Patients who take the drugs often get them from their regular doctor rather than a so-called mental health professional.

Prozac aka Fluoxetine

Fluoxetine is frequently used to treat major depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, bulimia nervosa, panic disorder, body dysmorphic disorder, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, and trichotillomania. A recent clinical trial found that in bipolar II disorder fluoxetine was equally effective as lithium in preventing future mood episodes. It has also been used for cataplexy, obesity, and alcohol dependence, as well as binge eating disorder. Fluoxetine has also been tried successfully a treatment for autism.

Fluoxetine is considered the most stimulating of the SSRIs (that is it is most prone to causing insomnia and agitation). It also appears to be the most prone of the SSRIs for producing dermatologic reactions (e.g. urticaria (hives), rash, itchiness, etc.). Chronic SSRI treatment may also be associated with deficits in concentration and intellectual ability. Flattening of affect can also occur in an otherwise successfully treated with SSRIs patient, whether or not this is due to the drug or the underlying depression is yet to be determined. The aforementioned sexual side effects, although usually reversible, can persist for months, years, or permanently after the drug has been completely withdrawn.
Now, let's take a look at the side effects to Fluoxetine.
But, WAIT, there's more:

Ok, so far, we have the CIA, drugs, and a "regular doctor" with depressed people. Moving right along.
Hypnosis

Declassified MKUltra documents indicate hypnosis was studied in the early 1950s. Experimental goals included: the creation of "hypnotically induced anxieties," "hypnotically increasing ability to learn and recall complex written matter," studying hypnosis and polygraph examinations, "hypnotically increasing ability to observe and recall complex arrangements of physical objects," and studying "relationship of personality to susceptibility to hypnosis."[40] Experiments were conducted with drug induced hypnosis and with anterograde and retrograde amnesia while under the influence of such drugs.

The Hypnotic Effects of Television - Brainwashing Through The Use of Flicker Rate Manipulation

Today, you can notice in just about every house in your neighborhood, after dark, the dim blue flicker of a television through their windows. That flicker has intensified over the years and exhibits some pretty interesting psychological effects.

It is no secret that rapidly changing contrasting images on a television screen will affect those suffering from epilepsy, sometimes to the point of inducing a seizure. The way a television works is similar to the old 24 frame-per-second movie cameras. What appears to be full motion video is really a series of still pictures run rapidly together over time in order to create the appearance of motion. As for the old movie cameras, there were 24 pictures taken every second, with a shutter opening and closing to advance to the next picture in the sequence. Televisions and computer monitors use the same principle, only they call it a “refresh rate.” Dr. G.A. Harding conducted a study for the International League against Epilepsy in the mid-1990’s. He concluded that using a television or monitor with a higher refresh rate of around 100 Hz (100 frame changes per second) over the older 50 Hz models significantly reduced the occurrences of epileptic seizures by those viewing. This was likely because the moving picture was more defined and seamless.

Revelation

In 1973, with the government-wide panic caused by Watergate, the CIA Director Richard Helms ordered all MKUltra files destroyed. Pursuant to this order, most CIA documents regarding the project were destroyed, making a full investigation of MKUltra impossible. A cache of some 20,000 documents survived Helms' purge, as they had been incorrectly stored in a financial records building and were discovered following a FOIA request in 1977. These documents were fully investigated during the Senate Hearings of 1977.
Where have i heard that story before? Oh, riiiiiiiiiiiight. 9-11

So, we have the CIA, drugs, a "regular doctor", depressed people and hypnosis. [[[Enter: Stage left]]]
Hollywood

The first film ever to win Best Picture at the Academy Awards, “Wings” in 1929, featured dogfight scenes with bi-planes thanks to help from the army. It was the beginning of a relationship that has grown over decades. The film industry covets access to hardware and expertise that only the armed forces can provide, while in return, defense officials want to burnish the military’s image on the big screen.
Now, mix that all together and this is what you get.
So, who thinks they really HALTED the project?
Raise your hand!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Good post, MK Ultra was too quietly swept under the rug.

It is almost a ridiculous statement to assume they stopped completely, when a program gets results, there's no stopping it. They will have just done what Blackwater did, change their name.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Regardless of whether or not Holmes was perhaps affected by his own research, I'd have a very hard time believing that research funded by MK-ULTRA was stopped entirely. MK-ULTRA projects were taking place in 86 universities and institutions, the majority of which were sheltered from identification by Congress, itself, to protect the various institutions' reputations. Source. From that number alone, it could very easily be inferred that the number of researchers/scientists and research assistants that were involved with MK-ULTRA for a fairly long duration, was much higher than just 86. Even if just 5 people at each one of these institutions were meaningfully involved in the research, that would basically be 430 individuals working in institutions and essentially basing their careers on MK-ULTRA based research. If you spent 5+ years of your life on a specific line of research and the funding for it was cut, how easy do you think it would be to shift to another research line entirely?

Because Congress determined to protect the identities of the universities and institutions, which would include the identities of the scientists within those entities as the public would then be able to infer the former, it basically equated to a free pass. Whether or not those involved entities actually penalized the scientists involved or not is not public knowledge. It could very well be inferred that they continued on and just found alternate funding or the project was renamed as the DoD tends to do with their various projects. MK-ULTRA subjects would not simply drop off the planet. In fact, it's more likely that the goals of the same research could've been altered to show a benefit to society or even to an individual. Kind of like the amnesia pill for PTSD patients. Or the surge in using subliminal hypnosis tapes (psychic driving?) to stop smoking and etc in the 80's.

MK-ULTRA, at the least, produced a profound ripple effect on scientific research and society for a very long time and seemingly, to this day.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I've suspect that I was one of the people subjected to the MK-Ultra series of projects and I've concluded that it was a program of great interest to the US government and not merely a wild-hair project of the CIA. There is more to it than that, but I'm really not wanting to accept the evidence that it indicates.

I had some psi experiences as a young child of 4 and 6 years old. May father had a close encounter at about the age of 10 which would have been in 1910. In about 1950 he and a buddy had a close encounter (as far as we know that was all that it was). In early 1957 I was in the Army and had a strange experience that last about 24 hours. Many years later, I concluded that I had been given '___' or some similar drug. In 1964, driving at night, I underwent a time-loss episode of over two hours.

For UFO experiences to run in my family and for me to be singled out in the Army to be given a dose of '___'--if that is what it was--shows a clear connection between MK-Ultra and the UFO phenomena. You can surmise, as some do, that UFOs are all secret government projects working right along with the MK-Ultra projects.

The government's official reason for the enormous and dreadful efforts of the MK-Ultra programs was to find a "truth serum" to use for debriefing and interrogating spies. I don't accept that simple explanation for the decades of MK-Ultra shenanigans. I suspect that it was a desperate attempt to find a way for humans to be able to telepathically communicate with genuine ETs. And somehow, I was on the list as a possible candidate. That suggests a cooperative effort between government and ETs back at least in 1964. Or else, one, it was a fluke that I was involved in both experiences, or two, my '___'-like, out-of-body type experience was some sort of weird sickness for a day and not at all connected. Or else I'm making up a wild story.

If some of you venture into current readings or studies about a popular drug these days, you will find that ETs flourish in those experiences. My thinking is that the ET's mind-control efforts in actual abduction cases and during sessions of these drug are similar enough to make a connection. On this evidence I personally know about, evidently the US government has been working with ETs for a long time. The surfacing of ETs appearing to a certain type of drug users is simply a continuation of the physical abductee mechanism that isn't so frequent anymore because a handier way has developed.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Did they REALLY "halt" the program?

MK-ULTRA was started by rockefeller because he didn't want to have to spend his own money to research this psychiatric mind control stuff...

And then he ENDED the program when it was discovered, and 20,000 pages of doccumentation and research were.....

"Destroyed" (Heavy emphasis on the quotes, there...)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Yes that's true but you can use it for your own strengthening if you know how.For instance I clearly recall the commercials talking about how some people were oppressed,and my conditioning was what lead to young men like me to create metal out of rock and roll.We saw their aggressive conditioning and adapted it for OUR purposes I joined the army because I wanted to. That is an effect of MY programming. Not being a tool , in fact we were.
That is why it must stop and things are so stressed right now. Buckle up Droogies.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Smart thread. I was already agreeing with you and then you showed James Holmes at the end, who I believe showed characteristics of S.S.R.I. side-effects. Some of them were even found in his apartment.

Question: are you suggesting that S.S.R.I. medications are being used in conjunction with Hollywood and television media in order to brainwash people, continuing the MK Ultra program on the citizens of the U.S.?

Also - I have a relative who was given hallucinogens without knowing about them intravenously during the Vietnam War as part of some government program, and it messed him up.

Also - S.S.R.I. medicines are extremely hard to get off. The withdrawal effects include things like anger, violence and sporadic shoplifting / theft.
edit on 10pmFri, 10 Jan 2014 15:27:44 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ENrgLee

to add to the conversation, as far as i know, the experiments were often committed mostly outside of the USA, such as in Canada so that the American government wouldn't have as much blow-back from its own people. One thing about the project that I do know is that there was a lead doctor in Canada who experimented on developmentally delayed people, and was eventually sued and someone lost a few hundreds of thousands. I got this information entirely from public sources.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
There is no doubt in my mind, that MK ultra has continued to this day! Thank you for the thought provoking thread! After reading Transformation of America by Cathy O'Brien, (which on a side note if anyone has researched the validity of that book I would love to here their take on it) my view of the extent to which they took MK Ultra has been forever changed. In all honesty, I believe the people who began applying Edward Bernays approach to controlling the herd mentality that can be developed through animal instincts, would naturally after the success of said control, take it to the next step of total domination of the mind. It is very disturbing to say the least, however ultimately you do not get to suppress that divine spark that is in all of us.

As I think about it, the controlling elite, have been acutely aware that they must do everything they possibly can to cripple our minds to keep us from manifesting the true power that we have as co-creators in this universe. Hence the vaccinations, toxic food chain, toxic pharmaceuticals, toxic healing model, toxic energy sources, toxic entertainment, education that focus's on the left sided brain which is far easier to control through conditioning. It only makes sense that we would see the world we currently live in, it really is not much of a mystery. Controlling people in their free range cages!

That being said, I have never been more optimistic about the current shift that is happening, for even with all the the aforementioned systems of control, the innovations of the human spirit are still shining through, the need for connection, understanding, empathy, unconditional love are coming through stronger everyday. It is game over time and they know it, we are ending a cycle of experiencing the dark aspects of our nature, not to say it is going to be an easy transistion, call it what you want the earth needs to cleanse the negative Karma we have collectively accumulated throught this cycle. Practice compassion!!!

Edit-- For the sake of clarity when I mention vaccines it is not to say that I am anti-vaccine, the theory of it is great, however the people that have oversight of the manufacture of vaccines as well as the scheduling of it are to be viewed with as much skepticism as possible, we have no reason in the world to trust these people given what their behavior has shown, as well as the connections they have. It would take alot for me to trust their intentions
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131pmFriday3 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131pmFriday3 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I can just imagine the number of parents nodding their heads in agreement of government mind control, as their children are in the other room watching violent TV shows, or killing people on their latest video game.
I wish every person in the country would turn their TV off for 6 months, just so they could clear their minds from all of the influences that they don't think are affecting them. That would be proof enough for them not to turn it back on.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

knightinyourarms
reply to post by ENrgLee

To add to the conversation, as far as i know, the experiments were often committed mostly outside of the USA, such as in Canada so that the American government wouldn't have as much blow-back from its own people. One thing about the project that I do know is that there was a lead doctor in Canada who experimented on developmentally delayed people, and was eventually sued and someone lost a few hundreds of thousands. I got this information entirely from public sources.

Yes, a Canadian doctor did some horrific things under that program. But most efforts were done in the US. And a major one was done in France where a whole village was sprayed with '___' with the resulting craziness blamed on a contaminated bread flour! Please, check out the many places on the internet where you can find info or get the over 800-paged book, by Hank Albarelli, an attorney, that details how the CIA controlled the whole deal. The name of the book is A Terrible Mistake or visit his website at:
www.voltairenet.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Fluovoxitine sic....is a derivative of the same flouride in your water folks.....

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

You get a star and a humble flag for pointing out in a nice and well constructed way what i fear as being the norm in modern social engineering and pushing us further down the plans of globalization and farming/slavery by the big player firms of size greater than some nations.

Thanks.

Hopefully this will be a matter of consideration for more and more people because this ill handling of the people and the planet must stop sooner rather than later.

Things are not good and in absence of good prospects on most aspects of life all over the world.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

This period of time coincides with changes in the field of marketing from the model of dispersing info about products that meet a possible demand to "market engineering" and "product promotion" to create the demand for products whether they are needed or not.

Like most fields I think marketing went thru this because of the redistribution of people who worked on MKultra gov projects to the private sector. Also, with their inside knowledge re TV and fluoridation- they had some idea that the techniques they were taking to the industry would become more effective over time.

this is how things work in tech/medical fields so why not marketing?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

darkbake

Question: are you suggesting that S.S.R.I. medications are being used in conjunction with Hollywood and television media in order to brainwash people, continuing the MK Ultra program on the citizens of the U.S.? (no reason given)
Pretty much. Connecting the dots, that's the picture i get. I used James Holmes' picture because EVERYONE is familiar with the story, and because his trial starts this year. Also, if you look at the people, of late, that have gone on shooting sprees and stuff, they all seem to have 1 common denominator: Prescription drugs.

I strongly believe that the Pharmaceutical companies, the government and "normal doctors" are all in on it. And now, we have "Obamacare" to make sure people have their "normal doctors"; who will gladly give them a pill, when they feel blue.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This is stupid.

Somebody please explain to me how this makes sense.

Okay, so what if 1 in 10 Americans use depressents....So you think that every single regular doctor that prescribes anti-depressents are somehow linked to MK ULTRA? Don't forget that anti-depressents HELP many people....you think they should not take them, or else then you would become under the experiment of MK ULTRA? What are you saying?

I am not too familiar on Fluoxetine, but yes I see that it has many side effects.....but so does Tylenol. So does ANY drug. What is your point exactly???????

Okay, so MK ULTRA created these "hypnotically induced anxieties"......and yes, we all watch television......so what are you saying? Are we all being hypnotized right now by MK ULTRA? I'm pretty sure the writers and directors of TV shows don't go "hey so how should we write the storyline so that we hypnotise the public har har har"

No s+f for you sorry

P.S. Bring back the old ATS smileys....these are ugly

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

CleanCare
This is stupid.

Okay, so what if 1 in 10 Americans use depressents....So you think that every single regular doctor that prescribes anti-depressents are somehow linked to MK ULTRA? Don't forget that anti-depressents HELP many people....you think they should not take them, or else then you would become under the experiment of MK ULTRA? What are you saying?

I am not too familiar on Fluoxetine, but yes I see that it has many side effects.....but so does Tylenol. So does ANY drug. What is your point exactly???????

Okay, so MK ULTRA created these "hypnotically induced anxieties"......and yes, we all watch television......so what are you saying? Are we all being hypnotized right now by MK ULTRA? I'm pretty sure the writers and directors of TV shows don't go "hey so how should we write the storyline so that we hypnotise the public har har har"

No s+f for you sorry

P.S. Bring back the old ATS smileys....these are ugly

I think what the OP is trying to convey is that MKUltra even though 'officially' shut down still persists to this day, maybe not exactly how you'd think, but moreso spiritually. The knowledge learned from their experiments were passed on and to this day the repercussions are felt across the country and other parts of the world through prescriptions drugs and yes even television. It is a widely known fact that back in the day they had subliminal cues mixed into visual programs. As with everything there is a 'progress' to the methods.

Do we go around calling all geneticists national socialists just because they got to where they are with help from horrific experiments carried out during the second world war? No, but without prior studies (some crossing moral lines) a lot of knowledge about how the mind and body works we would not be at the stage we are now in regards to conversion and molding.

Also there very well could be a group within the MIC that is solely devoted to coming up with ways to sway parts of the population that is more prone to being controlled through the use of some really out-there techniques. All im saying is it's a possibility, especially with what we know went on in the past.

There are pawns in every conflict. It seems likely that there are many doctors, who following what they were taught, will look naturally to chemical treatment. Hopefully they will have done their research as to what the patient really could have an advantage over what ails them and not just pass out pills.

It's very surprising that the OP left out the music industry. Just look at how every generation has its own musical tastes and how widespread some artists actually are. If they've got their hand in the cookie jar they'd have some hands on the music scene as well.

You'd have to be blind to not see how politics/med/military go hand in hand in many different situations regarding our society. Then again some of us only have two eyes.

I agree about the smileys, but these are at least superior to what we just had recently.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

All i can really say to this is "yup".

Control is what must be had by any type of government. Any successful organization, really. You carefully craft the presentation to create the response.

In a society with some level of freedom, you have to find a way to induce control.

Its why in America we just sit on the couch while the rest of the world is storming the castle gates.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

CleanCare
This is stupid.

No s+f for you sorry

What's so "stupid" about it? Television is stupid, yet people stay glued to it. Have you seen the trance people go into, when they watch t.v.; that hypnotic stare? That's the state where your mind is asleep. The time where it's most susceptible to being controlled; the time to plant seeds into the subconscious mind.

Next point, which is the 1st line in your opening paragraph, and i quote:

Okay, so what if 1 in 10 Americans use depressents".
Do i have to explain your errors? 1 in 10 Americans us ANTI-depressants. HUGE DIFFERENCE. And? Well, that means that 1 in 10 Americans are DEPRESSED. If they weren't, they wouldn't need an ANTI-depressant. That means, that 1 in 10 Americans are
Still think it's "stupid"? Let's continue, shall we:

Depression is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behavior, feelings and sense of well-being. Depressed people feel sad, anxious, empty, hopeless, worried, helpless, worthless, guilty, irritable, hurt, or restless. They may lose interest in activities that once were pleasurable, experience loss of appetite or overeating, have problems concentrating, remembering details, or making decisions, and may contemplate, attempt, or commit suicide. Insomnia, excessive sleeping, fatigue, loss of energy, or aches, pains, or digestive problems that are resistant to treatment may also be present.
Basically, 1 in 10 Americans are already in bad shape.

Next, you ask

So you think that every single regular doctor that prescribes anti-depressents are somehow linked to MK ULTRA?
YES. Some Inadvertently. Doctors are also getting paid, from those prescription drugs they prescribe. Just keep that in mind. It's an ugly cycle, but business IS business; and doctors are a business; or at least are registered as a business. Unless people are getting their prescription drugs from the streets. Continuing.....

Don't forget that anti-depressents HELP many people
Drugs only mask the problem. They help you "deal with" the pain. They don't CURE you, of your illness. In fact, while you're getting help with your "depression" other areas of your health are fading away. That's why they give you a list of "side effects". You're getting better in 1 area, while getting worse in 50 other areas. Now, are they REALLY helping??? I'm sure there are other means. Drugs is just the fastest way to relieve the pain. Hope doesn't come in a pill! Moving right along....

If you're not "familiar" with something, why bother acting like you "know" something???

Tylenol aka Paracetamol acts on, and suppresses pain through, the central nervous system rather than the peripheral nervous system. Recent research suggests that it reduces the neural response that causes the pain of social rejection as well as neural responses related to physical pain.Let me say that again, but a different way, "Tylenol reduces the neural response that causes the pain of social rejection..."
Still think this is "stupid"?

The pain of social rejection

As researchers have dug deeper into the roots of rejection, they’ve found surprising evidence that the pain of being excluded is not so different from the pain of physical injury. Rejection also has serious implications for an individual’s psychological state and for society in general. Social rejection can influence emotion, cognition and even physical health. Ostracized people sometimes become aggressive and can turn to violence.
People don't need ANTI-DEPRESSANTS! They just need Tylenol.

There is no $$$ in "health", only in pain! Sick people go to the doctor, not healthy ones!

Sidenote: I didn't need your star and flag. to your $.02 worth of information. There's your change. Have a nice day

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join