It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil deGrasse Tyson dispels some conspiracies.. I recommend this to all on ATS. Even if you don't b

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hi there ATSers.. I'm not sure if this is the right forum, or if I should have put this in General (admins please let me know/move the article)
But anyway, I watched this relatively recent podcast from Joe Rogan that features Neil deGrasse Tyson...

They address so many issues, and I'd love to hear/read your feedback on the video. I understand it challenges a lot of conspiracies, but still, NDT makes a lot of very good, very educated points. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks, based on what is presented here.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
How about a link?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Not much of a thread without the video you were talking about.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Soooo....where is the info in regards to what you're talking about? Please provide info when you post a topic, we're not mind readers.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by windslayer

Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson talks conspiracies, origins of the universe/life, end of the world scenarios, the Apollo 11 moon landing hoax, and general awesomeness related to nature and outer space.

Is this the vid you are talking about, OP?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I still haven't forgiven him for Pluto.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I don't think he can dispel 9-11, Benghazi, fluoride, monsanto, sygenta, dupont, pfizer, banks, or the fact there's a constant for gravity when it fluctuates at various points of this planet. Oh, I didn't watch the video; so, my apologies for being lazy.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The more I listened to the interview from Degrasse , the more it confirms evidence of a caring creator. It seems to me that everything is so fine tuned to our survival , Jupiter massive gravity reflecting comets that would have otherwise slammed us , a perfect balanced atmosphere burning up all the deadly space chunks and solar radiation , and to top it off after Degrasse description of the fact that this perfect scenario for sustaining life is actually rare, compared to many other systems in our universe that have been studied , makes me even more confident that our existence wont just end upon our death , if God planned our our survival here so calculated ,why wouldn't he have something even better inshore for us after our human body dies.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by windslayer

Already posted, www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This is one of my favorite episodes of the Joe Rogan Experience, even though they did go on for a little too long about the moon stuff.

Here's a direct link to the page with the podcast. You can download it and listen to it on your phone or whatever if you want.

podcasts.joerogan.net...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by overanocean

the more it confirms evidence of a caring creator. It seems to me that everything is so fine tuned to our survival , Jupiter massive gravity reflecting comets that would have otherwise slammed us , a perfect balanced atmosphere

Something I recently mentioned in another thread. These statistical likelihoods have to be put into the context of the entire Universe. Which as a rough estimate would be about a trillion planets multiplied by the estimated 200+ billion galaxies.

if God planned our our survival here so calculated ,why wouldn't he have something even better inshore for us after our human body dies.

If. That's a big if. If that's the case sure reason to think that being might care for our eternal welfare. Still much to speculate about what that would look like. Religious people often depict it as the preservation of our consciousness in a place more or less reflective of Earthly life…. albeit on the best of days and more lights
Still, no human consciousness would want or even could endure infinity.
edit on 10-1-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Its a terrifying thought to think we just burn out to non existence. I think our minds are really only created capable of comprehending time as a finite . Just as the concept of a begining and end seems only reasonable to us, the concept of an eternity is where I personally think God exists. I dont think he wanted to create us with that full knowledge. Similiar to what Degrasse was saying in the video, our comprehension is that of a May fly ,its like a bug or a bird trying to figure us out. It doesnt make any since to me to be tossed into a world from the unknown, with all kinds of life sustaining elements at our reach, to just dissapate like a fart in the wind.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by overanocean

It is terrifying. I don't want my consciousness to end. I would like there to be some ultimate force that personally cares about my existence. Not going to pretend I am not in existential crisis. What I am weary of is adopting any religious beliefs without evidence to console that spiritual wound. I mean if we are just talking metaphysics without the dogma, then that's something I often contemplate over. Again, my point though is that if 'we' were to continue to exist for eternity we would have to be wholly transcendent beings ourselves. Since human consciousness couldn't endure that. So one must ask is there really a difference between death and the death of personality. Would that transformation essentially 'kill' what we deem to be 'us', thus this continuation isn't really a continuation at all in the sense we seem to hope for.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I definately hear you on that. Its the unknown that probably brings anxiety to everybody. I personally have no clue if we hold on to our conscious mind ,as to see our idenity after the brain dies, its a terrifying thout to get a grip around. But just from my own perspective as a human , especially being aware how far advanced we are from say a monkey or a dog, it personally just makes sence to me that someone ,my creator had something very personal in mind when he made the human being.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
neil degrasse tyson is what you called a "celebrity scientist" conmtributes nothing, and degens the the field, hes useless

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ilikeblondes

He spends his time educating others about science. How is that useless?

As for "celebrity scientist". He received a Ph.D degree in astrophysics… just like anyone else would...
edit on 3-2-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join