It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December Jobs Report: U.S. Creates 74,000 Jobs, Unemployment Rate Down To 6.7%

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
And then we have this..

People Not In Labor Force Soar To Record 91.8 Million

In case people are wondering, there are 315 or so million people in the US as of 2010 or something.. So this would make the total people not working around 1/3 of the US population.

I cross referenced both posts because they both seem so oxymoron'ish.

I on the other hand think that unemployment is around 20 maybe 30%.. I remember back in the day when I started working where when you walked into a place and they said they were hiring you would get hired... That is back when unemployment was like 3 or 4%.. Unemployment being 7% ya I dont think so.. I and my wife bother have been looking for work for a good while and cant find anything suitable..

::EDIT::

Looking at the US Debt clock there are 317 million people in the US.. they also state the above link that around 91.8 million people are not working either.. so.. I would assume the above link is true...
edit on 1/10/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The jobs are not visible.

What industries?

Its for sure not construction and if it is the jobs are not paying what they used too and their going to illegals.

The jobs, are they temporary or permanant, what level education do they require, whats the average pay?

Those are the important questions because i'm telling the jobs report is a complete lie.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Lots of details from the BLS....

Employment Situation

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Wow Thank you.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

*squeal!*

Moar chocolate!

Nope... read it again.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

ENrgLee
reply to post by beezzer

*squeal!*

Moar chocolate!

Nope... read it again.

I did. You missed my point. Government offers less, puts it as a benefit, and people are over-joyed!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I hear ya with the construction.... The only construction guys I know that are still in business in the tristate are the ones that hired illegals off the books. Such a spit in the face to those of us that were doing the right thing.

Most of my family has moved back to Canada now, while we aren't getting much work yet, we are at least able to afford to live here. My choice was to stay in NY, and try to find at least 4 part time jobs to get by, or come here and try to start anew. It has been a struggle so far, but at least I don't have to worry about rent, or property taxes that are totally insane. The property taxes where I was, higher than the mortgage when we finally gave in and let the bank take the house. Karma is a bitch, the bank has not been able to sell it yet after all these years. I hope the taxes run them into the ground lol.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

It has been calculated differently depending on the pt being made- just like inflation which doesn't include food cost nymore.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Secondly I would like to know how many of those 74k jobs created are government jobs. Also, how many government jobs have been created in the last few years.
edit on 10-1-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

governments jobs.I bet the DHS and NSA could always use a few good men/women.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

TDawg61

Secondly I would like to know how many of those 74k jobs created are government jobs. Also, how many government jobs have been created in the last few years.

some of this is in the BLS report.....
(near the bottom)
Table B-1. Employees on nonfarm payrolls by industry sector and selected industry detail

edit on Jan-10-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
You know, it just occurred to me..... The implementation of the Affordable Care Act generated at least that many jobs across all kinds of secondary 'categorized' industries. Call centers to paper mills, probably. That may be a good share?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The only reason we don't see people out in the streets and living in shanties like the '30s is because the government pays 'em all to stay housed and fed.

But hey! Let's just legalize all the illegals because that'll make the situation so much better!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sjorges2002

It has been calculated differently depending on the pt being made- just like inflation which doesn't include food cost nymore

Doesn't include energy either - so two of the most inflationary commodities are excluded from the statistics they are supposedly measuring. Yep makes government sense (aka non-sense).

cincinnati.com...

edit on 11-1-2014 by Maluhia because: Forgot link

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

chiefsmom
Didn't some of the unemployment number come from people actually on unemployment? And didn't those extended benefits just expire? So, are all those people being counted in this?

No those will fall off next month as they were paid thru the end of the month.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

So this means that we don't need extension of unemployment and that now everybody can afford ACA right?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

marg6043

So this means that we don't need extension of unemployment and that now everybody can afford ACA right?

Well umm uhh ...

I think Obama will say 6.7% isn't good enough.

He'll say he needs to keep paying until it's at least down to 3%.

That might get 'em through ObamaCare.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

That is a good one, I take it, yes welfare state will keep increasing and very soon we all will qualify for Free healthcare I mean Medicaid,

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
74,000 jobs ?....

If one does the math, tallies the total jobs lost from producing goods overseas, eliminated by technological advancements, and jobs that just went away, like full service filling stations and automated checkout aisles in stores, we are probably being lied to....

But then, that's what most people just love, they love to watch fictional stories and pick up the traits and mannerisms of those fictional stories and characters.

Gullible.....

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
To those of you who subscribe to right-wing, Republican-backed ideology of "trickle-down" economics, you have no right to complain about job numbers in the US. But please, continue being cheerleaders for exporting jobs to China. The 1%'ers appreciate your efforts, I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
One factor has to be the oil industry and fracking. that current boom-despite Obama and Co.-has definitely helped the national numbers to some degree.

We actually have a potential/partial solution to jump starting the economy and it gets zero support from the Feds.

Resource based industries pay higher than manufacturing based ones.

Even the Republicans have, as usual, failed to make any significant moves to push this advantage.

I surely hope there is a "ruling elite". The crowd running our gov'ts and corporations are, without exception, cretins. Morons!

We NEED a ruling elite, by the looks of it.....

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join