It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie apocalypse is a scientific possibility.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

I feel like this post should get more stars than it has.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I agree. I hate to toot my own horn but it's the single greatest post in internet history.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but there is actually a new movie available that takes a look at how they feel the Zombie Apocalypse may start.

Sorry if this is a spoiler, since the movie never let's on as if it is a zombie flic and an unsuspecting audience can not realize this fact until the final 10-20 minutes of the film.

The film is titled;

"Contracted" (2013)

You can find more information on the film by visiting Solar Movie and searching for it there.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If rabies went airborne.

Problem is rabies doesn't cause aggression until the later stages and it's fatal in about a week. So it would be more like sick and disorientated people that potentially flip out before they die.

There would need to be some genetic tinkering to get a 'zombie virus' I think.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I just watched Contracted not 2 days ago.

The sex scene towards the end might have scarred me for life.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Its much more profitable to use "hive minded zombies" than "mindless zombies". The effect last for generations, plus no need to spray the forefront catalyst agents. We can control the hive minded using money and common needs, they self regulate and obed...whoops, wrong forum.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I got bad news for ya the zombie apocalypse is already here!

www.politisite.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
the whole Zombie genre was started as political comment about the conservatives trying to run the government..

every time the GOP loses control of their Economy of Endless War, or creates a recession by allowing the 20% richest elites to loot 95% of the nations financial wealth and is about to destroy the world as we know it... those movies show up.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is a long shot....

If I neutralize a zombie and use him/her for work, does he have rights ? or just bio machines ?
(Thinking about zombie powered electric generator, free energy at last!)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by esteay812

I just watched Contracted not 2 days ago.

The sex scene towards the end might have scarred me for life.

Same here - shivers...

IMHO, the chances of another flu pandemic on the scale of the 1918 pandemic is a more realistic situtatino than a mutated rabies strain, but that's the thing with viruses, you just don'e know

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

WAKE UP!!! It's well known in certain circles that some flu viruses can cause dementia - they get into the nervous system, and cause the inflammation that leads to brain degeneration. Puts a whole new spin on the "zombie" thing, dontcha think? People are being manipulated into panic so they will support quarantine and euthanasia when the pandemic hits. ...Are you helping on purpose?

H5N1 Bird Flu and the Dementia Pandemic

2009: Highly pathogenic H5N1 influenza virus can enter the central nervous system and induce neuroinflammation and neurodegeneration.

…To date, 61% of the 433 known human cases of H5N1 infection have proved fatal. Animals infected by H5N1 viruses have demonstrated acute neurological signs ranging from mild encephalitis to motor disturbances to coma. However, no studies have examined the longer-term neurologic consequences of H5N1 infection among surviving hosts. …Our results suggest that a pandemic H5N1 pathogen, or other neurotropic influenza virus, could initiate CNS disorders of protein aggregation including Parkinson's and Alzheimer's diseases.

edit on 11/1/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The show "Monsters and mysteries in America" which claims is all true stories had a few people saying they were attacked by a few zombies wearing tattered soldier's uniforms. They said these things looked just like they do in the movies.. I hope that it isn't true, but lately all kinds of people are seeing all kinds of things that are not supposed to exist.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

randyvs

Hello I'm Johnny Cash

No, I'm not Johnny Cash I just used his intro.
Hell of a thread OP

SnF

Great vid

Man the first season of walking dead was so good shame its going down the LOST path.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
A zombie apocolypse doesn't need to come from mutated rabies. Any disease that causes damage to parts of the Limbic System could have zombie like attributes. If the Amygdala or hypothalamus is affected it will increase aggression, reduce fear, and even decrease the pain response. Our brains are a delicate balance that we don't completely understand. IMO ANY virus could mutate to disrupt the normal functioning in there and produce a zombie.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I believe this "bio weapon" already exist, but TPTB dont want to use it - lack of control and more importantly - lose of human slaves...... err I mean potential workforce, more "workforce" is better, why kill when you can control.

Reason I believe its already there - nature has done it. Lookup about the fish which offer itself to birds here in ATS.
The best is "intelligent zombie" instead of "mindless zombie".

Yah, Walking Dead series really lost it. What a shame, all those gruesome makeup is for "Oh I love you so much/I dont trust you anymore"

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

SgtHamsandwich
Here is your zombie apocalypse...

I agree with the OP though. It appears the way that viruses mutate and change that it is scientifically possible to have a virus with "zombie like" traits to, one day, sweep the earth. Could be the next "flood" that cleanses the overpopulated earth.

MALBOSIA

SgtHamsandwich
Here is your zombie apocalypse...

I agree with the OP though. It appears the way that viruses mutate and change that it is scientifically possible to have a virus with "zombie like" traits to, one day, sweep the earth. Could be the next "flood" that cleanses the overpopulated earth.

The irony is... I'm one of those people in the picture looking down at my phone and posting in this thread...

Oh boy...

And the irony irony is, that picture was probably taken with a cellphone.

edit on 12-1-2014 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Its quite possible to create zombies or a zombie apocalypse like you see in the movies, even memetic zombies its lets say far from impossible. However it is highly doubtful that nature would do it and go along those scales and mutate something like rabies into a super virus to eliminate the human population, not that nature cant do that, but its just not prudent, and besides humans are quite capable of doing that themselfs.

However and with a little help you can create all kinds of man made zombie disasters. In fact it would not even be all that hard of a thing to do, though not indefinitely. # dude you can get people to go all bananas and stupid with a radio and a tv station, I mean look at north Korea its pretty much controlled by a few tv stations and radio stations and its information detached populous and military, and pretty much any all civilizations so far is not that much different then that or ever was. They all merely have a bit more sophisticated ways of going about it.

I mean in some places this guy is practically a walking god who dictates the lives and deaths of thousands and thousands of potential memetic zombies, who would die and sacrifice there family for there great leader. And all of history is littered which such great leaders and acts. And if you look back in history such as the middle ages, the people there were lucky to have lived to see there 40s, and a majority of decisions were made by what would be equivalent by today's standards be considered underdeveloped pompous teenagers who grew up with silver spoons in there mouths.

But yes its not an impossibility that one can create a super virus which would be able of doing that, or even that nature may one day hit a greater part of the most densely populated cities with a nasty surprise, and it would spreed like wildfire from there. Not likely but its possible.

edit on 7pmSundaypm122014f0pmSun, 12 Jan 2014 19:41:45 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

its already happened

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The fastest way to cause a Zombie like virus that kills billions is to weaponize the rabies virus with the common cold virus or flu virus. Onset of the symptoms can take up to a year to explode in the population. The rabies virus was used as the model for the series "The Walking Dead". In the episode where they go to the CDC and meet the scientist there. He reports that the virus infected the world almost 180 prior to the outbreak and then exploded on the population after that time period passed.

So first everyone gets the cold or flu and recovers and then after about 180 days it's over. The rabies virus goes to the brain and creates symptoms such as partial paralysis, loss of speech, intense urge to be aggressive and to bite, etc. It literally would look like a Zombie Apocalypse out there.

The reason for the biting is that the virus activates this urge in the brain in order to survive and be transmitted to another host. Much in the same way other viruses activate the urge to cough in people's faces as they walk by. Once bitten, the virus will destroy within one year. If it is weaponized you would get a cold or flu and then recover. Then after about six months symptoms begin to show.

If anyone thinks the government wouldn't try something like this, or some stupid scientist for the sake of scientific research, think again.

edit on 13-1-2014 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Its possible. Just infect a couple million insects that bite humans with a mutated virus. Put them in a crate. Drop the crate with a parachute into a populated area. Use a remote to pop it open, wellah...zombie apoco.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join