It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Blackburn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Came across this UFO sighting in the local press today;

My family and I were getting out of our car and going into our house when I noticed something moving above me.

“I shouted to everyone ‘look at that’. It was a half spherical object that was bright lime green in colour with loads of red pulsating lights underneath it.

“Size in the sky was approximately the size of a golf ball when held at arm’s length.

“It took about 12 seconds to go from over head, to disappearing over Longridge Fell some 15 miles in a north-westerly direction.

“It made no noise and was travelling far faster that the commercial aircraft that fly over Accrington daily.”

The local news for local people report.

Interestingly (at least to me) it looks like this one photographed and reported in 2012 over the town.

My partner shouted me to our back door where we saw a white object moving at great speed in the sky. No jet stream no noise. It went behind a cloud for about twenty seconds then came back in the same direction it had just come from

Previous report

We've also been getting the strange noises too...even more so than normal

Strange noises over Blackburn

Perhaps we get only our fair share but there have been quite a good few quality sighting reports such as this from the MOD files;

Newly-released government documents have shown how three Ministry of Defence police officers spotted a UFO over Blackburn in 1979.

The files include a written description of how the object flew over the Royal Ordnance Factory (ROF) on 24 February 1979. They also include a drawing.

The object was said to be about 30ft (9m) across. As it flew off over Darwen, it lit up several streets.

Local MOD Police sighting

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Wow that is interesting to me indeed. Blackburn is only a 15 min drive from my home. Those noises are crazy. In fact I'm going to go up on the West Pennine moors in my car later and have a quick look around. Eyes to the sky's!!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

I am kind of confused at the personal account here.

It took approximately 12 seconds to go out of sight? So the people had time to look up, yell for the neighbors, the neighbors seeing it and take a picture in 12 seconds? I can't watch videos at work, so maybe I am missing something here?

Cool picture either way! I love UFO sightings, I just wish one would actually be real and land!!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I'll go out on a limb and call RC toy of some kind.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

That's too big for a toy and covering 15 miles in 12 seconds or so...

reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

You're not missing the video because there isn't one, but it's reasonable you'd alert others nearby and take a quick pic if you had you phone at hand.

reply to post by TheDoctor46

The other sound video from that site i linked to is funny, the local uncouths listening to the cosmic sounds in the park lol
edit on Kpm1319vAmerica/ChicagoFriday1031 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Just putting this out there

Im 40 this year and from the age of 2 and a half until I was 7 I lived with my nan and grandad, in the town of Preston Lancashire (I think its a city now)my nan was the sweatest old lady you could ever meet, she used to take me to Sunday school every week as she practically ran it as I recal, her church work and religion was very important to her.

One day when I was about 6 me and my nan where out walking along the canal when my nan said she saw a flying saucer as she called it, no body believed her and to be honest I really dont remember any of it, what I do know is my nan never went back to church and pretty much dropped everything she had to do with her religion, my family thought it was just a passing fase but she swore blind until her dying day that she saw a UFO and she believed that aliens where real

very strange and things like this always make me think of her
I respectfully ask that no one calls my nan a liar

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Bumpity for now. Can't wait to look at this in more detail after I run some errands. Thanks, K!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Looks like an airliner to me. Seen many look the same here. From a distance the wings aren't necessarily visible and if atmospheric conditions are right they don't produce even a short lived contrail.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Was supposed to have been going a lot faster than the usual air traffic, does look like a classic disc shape to me...

reply to post by The GUT

That's good, the best of our local wise men have failed to solve these enigma

edit on Kpm1319vAmerica/ChicagoFriday1031 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Obviously, impossible to prove. The photos are too blurry. And a lower flying airliner would appear to move faster than the majority of higher flying trans-atlantic flights.

There is nothing to suggest to me that it was not an airliner. That doesn't however mean that that is what is was

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Those sounds STRONGLY resemble the sounds cranes/shovels make in the Anthracite Coal mines near my house. Is there any type of activity like that in the area the sounds were recorded?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Looks like Personal Transport for an Ancient Sumerian God/Goddess...but what do I know?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm not sure if fracking test drills have been carried out there. Not sure about the UFO picture. But I can offer the following..

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I see low flying planes and commercial jets everyday and its obvious the picture shows none of these.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

I see low flying planes and commercial jets everyday and its obvious the picture shows none of these.

So do I - and the pictures show a blur that could be anything. There is no reason to suppose it is not an aircraft.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
looks like a ufo to me. I can't say what it is I am seeing, but it looks like some shots of other ufo's I have seen that in the day look lit up which can be caused by ionizing of a possible craft.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Those videos sound like the noises recorded in Canada last year. If the videos are genuine, the best real world thing I can think of would be some large construction equipment that is badly in need of some lubricating grease. If not that...???

top topics

join