It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Not In Labor Force Soar To Record 91.8 Million

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
How many are disabled but still could work part time if they could find the right job.

For the last few years no employer will hire the disabled when they can hire non disabled.

Many of us disabled are now on SSDI or other programs that the taxpayers pay for.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Wait this is hoopla..

December Jobs Report: U.S. Creates 74,000 Jobs, Unemployment Rate Down To 6.7%

The U.S. economy added 74,000 jobs in December, as the unemployment rate fell to 6.7 percent, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday.

The Associated Press reports:

U.S. employers added a scant 74,000 jobs in December, the fewest in three years. The disappointing gain ends 2013 on a weak note and could raise questions about the economy's recent strength.

The Labor Department says the unemployment rate fell from 7 percent in November to 6.7 percent, the lowest level since October 2008. But the drop occurred mostly because more Americans stopped looking for jobs. The government counts people as unemployed only if they are actively searching for work.

Jacked from:

December Jobs Report: U.S. Creates 74,000 Jobs, Unemployment Rate Down To 6.7%
edit on 1/10/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

ANNED
How many are disabled but still could work part time if they could find the right job.

For the last few years no employer will hire the disabled when they can hire non disabled.

Many of us disabled are now on SSDI or other programs that the taxpayers pay for.

I found something for you.. Go to www.usdebtclock.org... and look at the far right.. I am guessing they give an accurate account for how many people who are or arent working...

I am adding this because of the other post i linked above because the Debt clock also states the same as this thread does..

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
There's propaganda from the state, and from ZH, for sure.

Look at that chart, carefully. The participation rate goes up as the baby boomers would be going into careers after college/youth.

It then declines as they would be retiring.

Pure demographics at play.

The real unemployment is closer to 14.15 percent, as per usdebtclock shows.

It's gone down, but not much.

Those jobs are now paying less, giving less or no benefits, and less hours in many cases.

The real question is what is the rate of total under&unemployed.

That'll tell you a little more to the truth.

FYI: It was 9.16 percent this day in 2008, per same figure usdclock

Still up nearly 50% in 6 years. Think it peaked around 17.8% or so 2 or so years ago
edit on 10-1-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

This is the new normal.

1/3 of the country doesn't work.
1/3 of the country works, but still needs government assistance.
1/3 of the country pays for the 2/3

Social justice. Wealth redistribution. Call it candied apples! It's all just the new normal.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

I sure try not to buy imported goods but most of the time there isn't a choice. Is there a vehicle with all parts still made in the US? Is there a toy or piece of clothing that is affordable - made in the US? Even our military supplies and equipment are made oversees. We don't have a choice most of the time.

What we need are more people starting up American made conpanies and making their products affordable. If that means employee's make less that's what it means (people will fill the positions). I know my son has a plan for an American made product when he grows up. He's passionate about implenting his idea too. If they make them and make them reasonably priced, people will buy them.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It took forever for this thread to load, for some reason.

Anyway, S&F

1 in 3 Americans unemployed.. and still yet the shopping, buying, charging up credit cards continues.

COLLAPSE!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Higher pay in education would raise the incentive and the standards for teachers. The unions are almost broken- it will happen.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
He says 22.9%

@ 6.25 she says about 30%

@ 2:25 they say the rate is 23%

Whatever one wants to believe the government numbers according to many sources are bogus

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

91 million prbly is mostly the 40 million kids and retirees, but the 6.7% stat is likely of US total pop- roughly 320 million therefore 0ut of 229 million capable of working 20 million or so are not (.067 times 320 million is roughly 21 million) therefore real number is closer to 10% (100 times 21,440,000/229million) and if non working spouses are taken out of the 229 million the percent is even higher. Real unemployment has very likely not changed much at all from 2008- when i believe it reached a supposed high around 15-16%. My guess, unemployment is down about 4% from its recent worst and is currently at about 10-12% of able adults.

who R they trying to fool? and why?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

What do we expect.
They shut factories down and ship the machinery to China where they have people produce the same goods on wages of $1 a day.
They then ship the goods back and sell them in the shops.

And still people attack the Unemployed.

Banks steal peoples houses and when the people are homeless they are seen as the scum.

The homeless and the unemployed are looked down on by society.

But society allowed this to happen to them. they had no control in their downfall.

Quoted in entirety, as this is one of the best posts I've read on here. I couldn't agree more, especially with this:

When people in work stick up for the unemployed instead of seeing them as dirt then we will have turned the corner.

We all all cogs in the wheel that make society run. We are all valuable, and the vast disparity in wages does not reflect that value. If even the lowest paid among us were removed from their employ, and if (by some happenstance) no one ever took up those positions; as menial and unnecessary as people regularly deem those tasks, they would find their worlds quickly lose favour without their existence and the convenience they supply. We are ALL valuable. Many, many people are only one accident, one diagnosis, or one course of bad luck away from being unemployed themselves. . .

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I remember seeing pictures of the Great Depression in history books. The soup lines were very long and looked really miserable. There was no welfare, no unemployment, and no food stamps during the Great Depression.

Now imagine how long those lines would be today without govt assistance! Pretty scary how long those lines would be today with population growth. 1/3 of the country was unemployed then too.

PS..I read some where that the only banks that survived the GD were the ones in the Federal Reserve system. Go figure!
edit on 10-1-2014 by sasquatch5100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Dianec
reply to post by pavmas

I sure try not to buy imported goods but most of the time there isn't a choice. Is there a vehicle with all parts still made in the US? Is there a toy or piece of clothing that is affordable - made in the US? Even our military supplies and equipment are made oversees. We don't have a choice most of the time.

What we need are more people starting up American made conpanies and making their products affordable. If that means employee's make less that's what it means (people will fill the positions). I know my son has a plan for an American made product when he grows up. He's passionate about implenting his idea too. If they make them and make them reasonably priced, people will buy them.

Nixon opened the doors to China and Clinton signed us over to them with two twenty year trade agreements. once they end we can not even go back to the way it was before because we now lack the infrastructure to do so. Our factories were shipped to Mexico and China.

This is our own making by letting the rich rule to send our jobs overseas so they could pay less in labor and make more in profits.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

sasquatch5100

I remember seeing pictures of the Great Depression in history books. The soup lines were very long and looked really miserable. There was no welfare, no unemployment, and no food stamps during the Great Depression.

Now imagine how long those lines would be today without govt assistance! Pretty scary how long those lines would be today with population growth. 1/3 of the country was unemployed then too.

PS..I read some where that the only banks that survived the GD were the ones in the Federal Reserve system. Go figure!
edit on 10-1-2014 by sasquatch5100 because: (no reason given)

Do you really think people today will wait in a line for a bowl of soup, bread and a cup of coffee?

No they will run the line take everything and be gone down the road. It will be a flash mob scene.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I think the Gov are complete idiots to foster this. People aren't going to willingly join their little disempowerment slave game. When you put that many out of work, minus those who are working with children and caretaking others who don't want to join their official slavery, all you are doing IMO is creating a huge number who can group together, and should, to start businesses and services and advertize how ethical they are, how much they support their own nation and cottage industries, not oversea underpaid labor. And thus, we could start our own economic prosperity and NOT BUY FROM THEM AGAIN!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join