It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frozen Niagra Falls NOT! Photos Posted online are years old.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

"Niagara Falls gets cold every year (I know, as I’m from there). The average temperature in Niagara Falls in January is between 16 and 32 degrees, not terribly different from the 19 to 23 degrees expected today," Dewey wrote. "Naturally, it being that cold, ice floes and giant icicles form on the falls. It’s nothing out of the ordinary. It is not, to put it bluntly, big polar vortex news. Case in point: Many of the pictures going around today are, in fact, from several years ago."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com www.newsmax.com...
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

Frozen Niagra Falls NOT! Photos Posted online are years old.

Here is a great example of why I think many ATS members have lost their way on this site. Instead of checking to see if the falls were really frozen via a simple seacrh for Niagra Falls Webcam They just read it on a news site somewhere and rushed to get some flags and stars posting it on ATS.

This is NOT denying ignorance. If there is one thing I would change about ATS it would be flags and stars for bogus stories being posted. Maybe a 100 flag penalty for posting stories that are easily proved untrue would discourage the lazy folks that did zero research before posting falsehoods.

BTW I did not post the Obama thing in this post. Newsmax is sneaky and somehow did it themselves.

edit on 10-1-2014 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hate to be the bearer of Bad news but it was frozen and you need to do a little more research meant in the nicest way possible.

The American side the slower moving side did indeed freeze over all you have to do is search for the right live cam and not the one shooting directly at the Canadian side which flows faster and has only frozen over a few times in history.

I made the same mistake yesterday and lit up people posting the frozen pics using the Canadian live Cam as my proof, boy did I have a case of foot in mouth yesterday the online abuse I took when proven wrong. Good luck to you friend...

SaneThinking

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The MSM is good at this type of stuff. I never even thought to check, I didn't much care anyway but thanks for letting me know about this.

I'll add it to the thousands of other things I mistakenly believed during my life, mostly coming from supposedly reliable sources. These things form the evidence file in the conspiracy theory region of my brain.
Since I started coming to ATS, the evidence file took over another ten terabytes of the brain.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Niagara Falls is comprised of waterfalls on both sides of the U.S.-Canadian border — have frozen over twice, in 1936 and 1938.

source
edit on 10-1-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Yeah, but one of the entire reasons for posting on ATS is for conversation, proving, and debunking. If nobody posts, then what would be the purpose of the site?

I think there should be penalties for people's bad moods too, OP. Geesh.

And had you slowed down on making your post, the newsmax link code was right there in front of you. All you had to do was SLOW DOWN and REVIEW your post before you "post it"

Don't blame Newsmax.

new topics

top topics

join