It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who the 'F...' are you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
So yesterday I had to Drive up to Denver for a business meeting...
Been something like 6 years since I was last there...

So anyway I'm sitting at this little café waiting for my appointment time to come up... and this lady I could swear I've never seen before in my life... sits down at the table.

"Dave... long time, how's your wife...We heard you moved back to Colorado... the girls doing okay... I saw your brother last week, he's looking good...."

I mean this lady knew inmate details about my life my family names places and events...

And I totally drew a blank...

To polite or maybe freaked to ask her who she was... I just nodded in all the right places and tried to be evasive when it came to answering personal questions...

I did try to sneak a photo with my phone to show my wife, thinking maybe this lady was a friend of hers?... trying to be sneaky didn't work... as all I ended up with was a great shot of her chin...

She sat there, talking 'At' me for like a good ten minutes and I had 'No' idea who she was...

"Well don't be a stranger... Have your wife call me okay... You remember the number right?"
Aha, yeah, sure, whatever... I wasn't asking for her to give it to me... because frankly I was kind of freaked out....

SO has this happed to any of you... had some stranger come up to you and start chatting you up, like you've been best friends forever... only you don't have clue one... who the 'F...' they are???

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It happens with the hubby a lot, due to the type of work he used to do.
I've taught him the friendly, "I'm sorry, I am so bad at names, could you remind me"?

You should have tried that.

Interesting though, that some people just believe themselves to be so unforgettable to you, no matter how briefly you may have met them. If someone I haven't seen in a while that I remember, doesn't call me by my name, I try to give them an out. "Not sure if you remember me, Mrs ......."
Just seems polite.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by HardCorps

I'd have asked for the number and done a reverse lookup post haste!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

new_here

I'd have asked for the number and done a reverse lookup post haste!!!

I didn't think about doing that..
until after I was in the car and on my way home a couple hours later....D'oh!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Gotta confess ..... this happens with the people from my neighborhood all the time. I recognize maybe 5 families out of the dozens that live here. THEY all recognize me and say 'hi' to me by name in the store and on the sidewalk when I walk the dog. BUT I have no clue who they are or which houses they live in. I don't care so I don't bother to remember. So I just say 'hi' back and answer their polite questions about how the dog is etc.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

It was probably due to short term memory loss. I hear if you hang out in Denver, that can be a side affect.

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin........

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Happens to me all the time. Mostly it's people who have been variously drunk in my general vicinity, while I have also been coincidentally, quite drunk. Some times it's people who remember me from rock festivals, and sometime folks remember that I am the hairy bloke that works in the locksmiths shop.

A fair number of people also get me confused with other hairy folks. It's as if we all look the same to them, despite vast variation in build, hair colour, attitude, vocal characteristics and the like.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Or. You could have had a Prosopagnosia moment...

...also called face blindness, is a disorder of face perception where the ability to recognize faces is impaired, while other aspects of visual processing (e.g., object discrimination) and intellectual functioning (e.g., decision making) remain intact. The term originally referred to a condition following acute brain damage (acquired prosopagnosia), but a congenital or developmental form of the disorder also exists, which may affect up to 2.5% of the population.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
"Just sayin..." lol.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Chalk it up to blue eyes, a red tie, and fur. 'Stray' people are going to remember you.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Your wife will remind you who she was.

Just hope you didn't meet her at any special occasion.

Good luck

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

FlyersFan
Gotta confess ..... this happens with the people from my neighborhood all the time. I recognize maybe 5 families out of the dozens that live here. THEY all recognize me and say 'hi' to me by name in the store and on the sidewalk when I walk the dog. BUT I have no clue who they are or which houses they live in. I don't care so I don't bother to remember. So I just say 'hi' back and answer their polite questions about how the dog is etc.

Kinda makes you wonder who keeps bringing you up in conversations.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I take inspiration from Kenny Powers and say something like the following....

"I’ve got alot of memories in my life, and sometimes you have to dump the small, not so important ones, to make room for the bigger, more interesting, ones. So, who are you again?"

edit on 10-1-2014 by grubblesnert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
Kinda makes you wonder who keeps bringing you up in conversations.

Yeah ... there is that, isn't there? These people know me on sight. I have no clue who they are.
It's my own fault ... I can't be bothered trying to remember them.
I know 4 years ago I was 'the talk of the neighborhood' because I went into total autoimmune flair.
Spent spring/summer of 2010 not able to talk or walk around and we were shopping for a wheelchair.
Perhaps my illness made me famous in the 'hood. People tend to talk about illness ...
That's all I can think of.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah but... they know you... their from your neighborhood... I live more than a hundred miles southwest of Denver between Durango and Cortez my brother and his wife live over in GJ again a couple hour drive due west of...

granted I was born and raised in this part of the world but the odds of running anyone who knew me in a city the size of Denver was like a gazillion to one shot

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

So yesterday I had to Drive up to Denver for a business meeting

Colorado huh? That explains everything!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
lol why didnt you pull a forest gump bus epic?

"Ya cant sit hea"

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Parellel universes a cross over of wires. She wasn't meant to be here its not her universe, or mabey u crossed over and no longer in the universe you was. Look for other anomalies and it my indicate you are not where you are meant to be.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You could have said this one thing...(pulling out a pen as though writing it down).."How did you correctly SPELL your last name again?"
Worked for me.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I had this happen ONCE... and the circumstances freaked me the hell out.

Im well known around here and in certain circles... but not in a small town in Tennessee at a small podunk airport. LOL! The dude knew my maiden name! In the end I found out he was the ex husband of a cousin of mine.. after freaking out for a while and just about saying "who the 'f' are you?!" before he decided to tell me. Just coincidence he moved from Montana to Tennessee after their divorce.. and happened to do the airports book keeping. Lucky me...

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Oh yeah, this has happened to me before, and my better half & I together. I popped into one of the local stores once to do some boredom browsing, and at the register on my way out, the cashier greeted me by name & started filling me in on how her newborn twins were, then asking how my husband was by name. I was utterly flabbergasted, but did like you did, nodded along & fumbled through it trying to figure out who the f*** she was & where I "knew" her from. It still weirds me out/bugs me even now that I could never pin down where I knew her from.

The other time, the husband & I were in a store (or the mall? loooong time ago now) A seemingly random guy walking by doubled back and started excitedly asking how my husband was, using his name, etc and my husband just rolled with it until the guy left. Afterward, he turned to me and just blurted all freaked out, "Who the hell was he?!"

So yeah, it happens to probably more people than we think, and its always a special kind of creepy/weird/unnerving/confusing/etc. I personally felt put on the spot with zero info to go on, and am thankful I didn't somehow make an ass out of myself. I bet a lot of others feel the same.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join