It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return of the Garbage Pail Kids

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Slickinfinity

I had tons of stuff, too, from GPK, to ball cards, to everything else they marketed to us back them. Sadly, the majority of them were in that box that got damaged, but I still have a binder with some gems: some of the original TMNT cards (from the original movie & cartoon), some Batman (Keaton/Nicholson) cards; some sports cards, some early 60s Elvis cards, and some other crap.

Shame the stuff we had as kids that we neglected and lost. :/

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Does anyone possibly know where I can get some price quotes at??

I have a large stack of G-1, G-2, and a few G-3 GPK cards, still in great condition!!

If anyone knows of anything to help me, I would greatly appreciate it!!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
My husband has an uncut sheet of a full set of garbage pail kids. I can't remember many but I remember Mad Donna.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by InCeNdIaDrAcOnIs

Look on ebay. Look at what people actually paid not what the sellers are asking. My husband sells cards, antique books and stuff on there.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I remember these from when I was a kid in the 80's. My mom wouldn't let me have them though because they were "inappropriate"

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
We just sold a set of E.T. cards for $12.00 plus shipping and a copy of Blattys The Exeorsist for $20.00 first edition. Got the book in a thrift store for about 25¢ .

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

We have boxes and boxes of sports cards from the seventies and eighties. We have Mod Squad cards from the sixties if anyone on here is old enough to remember that tv show. We have Monkees cards from the tv show and band. E.T. the extraterrestrial cards. Jaws 3D cards with the red and blue 3D glasses unopened. The gum is thirty years old. And an uncut sheet of garbage pail kids. I think they may be the stickers but I haven't seen them in a long time. They are packed away up in the closet. Full sets of Topps, and Fleet. We also have some real old cards from the thirties that came with a pack of cigarettes.
A Mickey Mantle rookie card is worth over 10 grand. We don't have one of those too bad.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

I truly had forgotten about the poster we have!! Duh me!! Hehe..
I will try and get a good pic of it tomorrow when the sun is shining outside and there is better light. My camera on my phone is no good

That's awesome your hubby has an uncut sheet of garbage pail kids!!
You seem to have lots of cool treasures

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I must have been asleep during the 80s or too grown up to appreciate them. I had never heard of them until now. I have always enjoyed collecting things but always ended up trading them for something else that caught my attention. Thanks for sharing Nat, I'm sure your son much appreciates your interest.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Ok here's the poster we have. At the very bottom it says 1985

My uncle gave it to my boy last Christmas

And here's a pic off the poster...it's my hubby's name
hehehe

Post your name if ya have one!!! Please please please!! Only one person did!!! And me..

So let's see.. Do you have a garbage pail kid with your name???? Come on... It's fun!!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I LOVED these when I was a kid, collected them and LOVED the smell of opening a new pack..... oh the 80's *sigh*
The originals sell for a lot of money on ebay and other places.

God I used to stick them all over my room as a kid, on my wardrobe, chest of drawers, door... everywhere.

I never realised as a kid they'd be worth money one day.

I thought these were amazing when I was young.... some were soooo gross, they were my favs.

edit on 4/2/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I enjoyed them as well..but never collected until now. Me and my boy just collecting the new ones..

We both love the gross ones..hahah! Some are truly gagtastic!!!

I found this one just browsing the web and thought ...hahaha
then... Ewwwwwww!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

LOL

That is gross... nice one!
It's been so long since I looked at them, I only remember the first 3-4 series from the 80's. haven't seen any in years.
You can get a CD/DVD on ebay, filled with images of every single GPK Card from series 1-16 for about £2 or $2 so I may just buy that

Just found this, probably too big to put on ATS

matchstic.com...

edit on 4/2/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Alright guys and gals. Came across a new card that you can name yourself! I thought that was pretty cool and since my son doesn't have a GPK with his name on it, he wanted to come up with something. Well... We have been thinking but just can't decide.
Would any of you like to help? I thought that might be fun to hear your ideas.
and my son can pick. EDIT-name Eli
Here's the card..

When I uploaded this pic, it was sideways.. I hope it's not...
edit on 12-5-2014 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: natalia

Epic Eli
Explosive Eli

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
Nice

Thanks.
He's at school right now, so when he arrives home I shall let him read and choose.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: natalia

Battle Cry Eli
Bull's Eye Eli

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718
Thanks man.
That's funny cause my grandpa actually owned an archery shop called 'bulls eye'.. Hah!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
He hasn't completely decided.. But he likes Epic Eli...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Alright... He picked and wrote down what he wanted the card to be

Thanks for the help guys

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join