It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geometrical Features in Mawrth Vallis Region on Mars and other anomalies...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Mawrth Vallis (What Alien Name!) was one of four candidate landing site for NASA MSL Rover "Curiosity" hirise.lpl.arizona.edu... . This is a really awesome region that hide interesting anomalies...

130 meters long

30 meters in diameter

The "Altar" (70 meters long)

The "Alien Hero" (125 meters)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
My bets on pareidolia.

You should really post a comparative picture too Arken, for the people who wish to know visualize the scale of the objects in pictures you post.

edit on 10-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2014 by boncho because: Edit, sizes were posted, clarified as I was merely speaking on a visual perspective.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It's just our mind playing tricks with us, lol! You really have a big imagination Arken!
Alto I must admit it is a little scary!
edit on 10-1-2014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Still using NASA photographs as a coloring book, I see.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

With a little imagination you can actually see petropglyphs on these images!
So now that you've had another one of your Mars fun threads, why not get back to the MSL archives and check some of the latest imagery for interesting formations in higher resolution ... ?

P.S.: Eberswalde, which was another candidate landing site for Curiosity, IMO also features interesting terrain details. Downloaded some HiRISE files, but didn't have the time yet to create a thread on that topic ... anyhow, just hang on in there and don't stop looking!
edit on 10-1-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

DJW001
Still using NASA photographs as a coloring book, I see.

Still using your posts as an Acid, I see.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Forgot to mention that sifting through the HiRISE imagery is indeed essential IMO. Some of the better high resolution maps are already embedded in Google Earth, but not all of them! Some are only referenced with a frame and/or cropped image sections incl. the URL that leads to the related NASA/JPL servers.

So it would be best to download the fullsize images from the HiRISE website and analyze them with HiVIEW, a dedicated viewing application for MRO/HiRISE data.

Anyhow, checking those maps with a resolution of 28 to 30 cm per pixel could also reveal interesting formations from above, me thinks.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Nikola014
It's just our mind playing tricks with us, lol!
edit on 10-1-2014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

I'm pretty sure its Arken's mind playing tricks on us, lol!

It doesn't matter though, Everytime I see a post by Arken I'm compelled to click on it and can't resist.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Put that on a hill in western europe and show it to an archaeologist whom specializes in late bronze age and early iron age hill forts and yes that is what he would call it so I think this is really interesting, good find Arken.
In fact there are man made structures in england in the form of some old hill forts that are less obviouse than this, nice platform with an entrance ramp and possible fortifcation around it, I like the alter.
Interesting. S+F

edit on 10-1-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Put that on a hill in western europe and show it to an archaeologist whom specializes in late bronze age and early iron age hill forts and yes that is what he would call it so I think this is really interesting, good find Arken.

Put that on a hill in the former Yugoslavia, and a Serbian con-man would be running a major internet scam based on it. Arken, please get some advice from Zorgon. At least his speculations had depth to them.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I guess we see what want to see...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Perhaps you should spend some time looking at this site, www.marsruins.com...
I am sure you will come up with a rational that will convince the world that we are not being kept in the dark for the greed and self interest of a group of corporate criminals and there lackeys in positions of authority.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

LABTECH767
reply to post by DJW001

Perhaps you should spend some time looking at this site, www.marsruins.com...
I am sure you will come up with a rational that will convince the world that we are not being kept in the dark for the greed and self interest of a group of corporate criminals and there lackeys in positions of authority.

First, you need to explain to me why corporate criminals and lackeys would want to keep us in the dark about Martian dust devils.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Nice finds Arken, what do you make of these?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

First, you need to explain to me why corporate criminals and lackeys would want to keep us in the dark about Martian dust devils.

Because those ones in the OP and LABTECH post, are not "dust devils"....

Your question deserve a long long answer... Good for a Mega Thread.

edit on 12-1-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Have you seen this, it is old news but still interesting.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

new topics

top topics

join