It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA teacher trashes 1st-grader's 'Life of Jesus' message, candy canes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
dailycaller.com...

first-grade teacher at a public elementary school in Southern California allegedly snatched a bunch of candy canes bearing a brief religious message from a first-grade boy. She told the poor kid “Jesus is not allowed in school” and then — right in front of his little six-year-old eyes — ripped the religious messages from each candy cane and dumped them in a trashcan.

The boy’s name is Isaiah Martinez. He attends Merced Elementary School in the Los Angeles suburb of West Covina.

The first-grade teacher accused of religious bullying is Valerie Lu. One of the candy canes was for her. The rest were for Martinez’s classmates.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

So California requires a daily patriotic 'pledge of allegiance' in public schools to the Unites States, but children can't celebrate Christmas time with candycane and Christ messages affixed to them?

Bah, humbug.. what is America, the Anti-Christ?!? This teacher sure seems it.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Why cant they celebrate Jesus, is he not a man, I can name a few school holidays were they celebrate men.

JESUS

I have not figured out how to use uploaded photos in posts yet

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

The teacher's reaction seems to be a little over the top.
But how comes the name of an infant is told about in the news? Isn't there some kind of protection about childrens names?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DocScurlock

Try the (ats)img_url(/ats) tag. Replace () with [ ].

Always remember to quote the source!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DocScurlock

Click on the pic you uploaded and a small box comes up with the code to copy. Choose the code from "post in thread' or whatever it is. Paste into your post.

It's getting very sad Jesus is being taken out of Christmas. Religion is being removed from schools, etc.
I think in a few hundred years the belief in Jesus or God will be abolished altogether. A few true believers who are really good at teaching their children to believe will still be around. I've seen it gradually disappearing in my lifetime. About 20 yrs ago it was always "merry Christmas" and now it's "happy holidays". It's systematically being stripped away until it will be forgotten.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Now that I read the article it seems the boy that did this was Mexican could he not of said it was tribute to his Uncle Jesus even if he didnt have an uncle Jesus, kids would still get there candy cains and no one could say it was religious. Thats what I would have done anyway. And yes I know I would be taking the role of Peter? or was it Paul? The one that denied Biblical Jesus Three times?

But I say this, If I believe in good and evil and futhermore always try to spread good does it matter who I name and pray to? This is in the context that I believe in true Goodness, and not what modern media has shown as good or evil. I am talking about helping those less fortunate even if it means just a conversation, or Trying to teach my kids that Love trumps Hate everytime, teaching less informed the truth. Giving without thought of return. and so on. I was thinking of this today for some reason, I am sure someone on this thread can weigh in.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Thats what I thought but I got nothing to copy and paste? Maybe I did it wrong. anyway I dont think that If Jesus does watch us as time continues, would he really be that angry? The Christmas we know is based on a pagan religion were a good portion of his followers go and look at an idol of him tortured and hung on a cross and then proceed to eat his flesh and drink his blood. If I was him I would rather people remember me on my real birthday chillin with my friends spreading the good word, and instead of drinking and eating me, have a good meal of fish bread and wine, and maybe poor a drink on the ground for me. Thats just me putting myself in his shoes, I cant truley speak for Jesus or anyone for that matter.

edit on Fri20142014-01-10T04:02:08-06:00th2014-01-10T04:02:08-06:00000000Fri, 10 Jan 2014 04:02:08 -0600Friday20142014-01-10T04:02:08-06:00 by DocScurlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The teacher let the kid keep the candy canes, they simply took off a religious card that was attached to it. Basically a religious recruiting scheme.

If kids were handing out candy with a card praising prophet Islam you'd think your country was being taken over by jihadists…

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

By the way, the card attached was spewing another form of this lie:

A candymaker in Indiana wanted to make a candy that would be a witness, so he made the Christmas Candy Cane. He incorporated several symbols from the birth, ministry, and death of Jesus Christ.

He began with a stick of pure white, hard candy. White to symbolize the Virgin Birth and the sinless nature of Jesus, and hard to symbolize the Solid Rock, the foundation of the Church, and firmness of the promises of God.

Read more at www.snopes.com...

Candy cane letter that was thrown out (not the candy) found here. *Also, they told the kid he could hand out his cards after school so long as it was off school property.

The claim that candy canes were created by "a candymaker in Indiana" who "stained them with red stripes to show the stripes of the scourging Jesus received" is similarly lacking in documentation and historically problematic. (One has to wonder how it is we supposedly know that one specific person invented the candy cane, we know where he lived, and we know precisely why he made candy canes the way he did, yet no one even knows his name.) The existence of candy sugar sticks with colored stripes has been documented at least as far back as 1844, but visual evidence of the J-shaped, white-with-a-red-stripe modern candy cane did not appear until the beginning of the 20th century: Christmas cards produced before 1900 show plain white canes, but striped canes only started to appear on Christmas cards at the beginning of the 20th century:

Read more at www.snopes.com...

You've all been hoodwinked by Fox News et al.

Continue with your rage-a-hol though, don't let me be a wet blanket.

edit on 10-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Same crap happened to me.
Yea that's right. I remember you Mahoney!
Im'a say something else here.
I dont buy into secularism as a state religion either. So suck it.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Sounds like another Christian hit piece against those evil free thinkers.

When we were kids we all thought the tooth fairy, santa, cooties, boogey man and the easter bunny were all very real.

So basically don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church.
Deal?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

rupertg
Sounds like another Christian hit piece against those evil free thinkers.

When we were kids we all thought the tooth fairy, santa, cooties, boogey man and the easter bunny were all very real.

So basically don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church.
Deal?

Do you think the same reaction would have occurred if he had been celebrating hanukkah or ramadan? Would you feel the same way?

top topics

join