It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's arrogance astounds me; despite our freeze, record heat persists worldwide!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
retsdeeps1
reply to post by amazing

My point about the normal climate being ice age, and our current one will end soon as we transition back over, so how can we say global warming is good or bad? We can't even say mass extinctions and good or bad because if it were not for he mass extinction 65 million years ago, there might be no humans today and the current version of reptiles would be the top of the food chain. Someone said a few pages back that 5,000 years ago was he last ice age, well that was the time of early Egypt and Sumeria in 3,000 BC. No ice age then. From what I read about 8,000 - 9,000 BC is the end of the last ice age so that is 10,000 years ago. Ice ages last average 100,000 years with much shorter temperate periods and we are statistically near the end of the temperate period. Probably sun variation and orbital factors cause ice ages and that is 99% sure to be our future climate.

I am not saying that global warming is a good thing or that too much to soon could be very bad- I am saying we should try to control the largest single problem affecting most all other problems on earth, an unsustainable population level causes more global warming and resource depletion and is the single root cause. Two kids per family with tax disincentives to discourage more, if we can't even do that there is little hope. Less people = less global warming. But also stop ignoring the fact, ice ages are our climate for 90% of the last million years and we are due for another one- so how can make judgements about other things, even as horrible as mass extinctions can not be labeled simply good or bad, judgments based on ignorance- the ignorant assumption that the climate we have now is normal and that we can keep it IF only we are only better stewards, well its going to get very very cold at some point soon as we move back into the normal climate. Lets not pretend otherwise

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

really? mere 100 years have managed to tip the balance of a system now almost 4.54 billion years in existence ?... we give ourselves WAY more credit than we deserve.... way too anthropocentric approach....

pollution? poisoning of the ecosphere? yep... THATS us, and we ll have to answer for it soon™ ... but something as complex as the weather / climate ?,... i dont think so...

Most of this GW-thing is implemented to force certain behavior, to control and to steer towards (whatever) direction is deemed necessary... endocrine conditioning...

<< 6  7  8   >>

join