It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes magic difficult to study

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by crowdedskies

I'm not going to enter into active participation in this thread, as I respect everyone's beliefs, provided they acknowledge them as such. I am, however, going to watch this thread to take note of the posers.

You just actively participated in this thread!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

DJW001

I'm not going to enter into active participation in this thread, as I respect everyone's beliefs, provided they acknowledge them as such. I am, however, going to watch this thread to take note of the posers.

Thanks for saying hello and I respect you decision to participate passively. Not sure whether the word "posers" was intentional.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

crowdedskies

DJW001

Thanks for saying hello and I respect you decision to participate passively. Not sure whether the word "posers" was intentional.

Quite intentional. Although I do not, myself, believe in Magick any more than I believe in any other religion, I understand its tenets. I knew the Bonewitz brothers and have had friends who were seriously committed to various "mystical" paths, including Tibetan Tantra, Thelemic Magick and traditional Jewish Qabala. There are some on ATS who make pretense to great mystical powers. I cannot account for all of them, but some of them are hilariously off base.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

DJW001

crowdedskies

DJW001

Quite intentional. Although I do not, myself, believe in Magick any more than I believe in any other religion, I understand its tenets. I knew the Bonewitz brothers and have had friends who were seriously committed to various "mystical" paths, including Tibetan Tantra, Thelemic Magick and traditional Jewish Qabala. There are some on ATS who make pretense to great mystical powers. I cannot account for all of them, but some of them are hilariously off base.

That's what I thought. Well , enjoy it. That is all I can say.

It is a bit reminiscent of tournaments in the old days where mysterious contestants would arrive from distant places dressed in their own unique attire. Each would claim to have a unique unbeatable style.

The same would apply to ancient magical conventions. Again, characters would turn up and each claiming to have superior powers and ready to be put to the test.

There is no harm in this. As you say yourself , there are some who might make pretence while others will simply cherish the opportunity to reveal something profound but between the lines. I hope we will get colourful characters.

edit on 10-1-2014 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2014 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Amen.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join