It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes magic difficult to study

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Grimpachi
reply to post by crowdedskies

Because Hogwarts acceptance letters are hard to come by.

Sorry couldn't resist.
edit on 10-1-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

That's OK. Thanks for the humour but there is some truth underneath it.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This is just my two cents on the matter, and it may not even be relevant, but...

I think there are basically two reasons why magic is not more common now than it has been in the past. First, I think we have left nature to an extent that we can no longer make a connection with our reality in order to manipulate it. We occupy our minds with the constant upholding of the illusion of economy and energy, that we have no emotion or impetus left to have an affect. Also, our imaginations and our creative instincts have been all but crushed in our current educational and entertainment paradigm.

This why no magic.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Oh, and another thing...

The Luciferians at the top of the chain of command use this illusion to take from us our power to affect our reality in the way that it would benefit us. It is a power, money, magic vacuum, and it sucks.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Mon1k3r

This why no magic.

Cheer up tiger, I just have to play with my pet to see magic everyday. Apologies for ripping that quote out of context.
Thank you for sharing those thoughts.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

onequestion
Ive been initiated into occult. Dragon magick, crowley, sacred geometry, math, astrology and other things.

Ive gone wayyy past the rabbit hole but its hard to describe because most or almost all people are afraid of the truth.

What truth?

That Magic is real?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Mon1k3r
This is just my two cents on the matter, and it may not even be relevant, but...

I think there are basically two reasons why magic is not more common now than it has been in the past. First, I think we have left nature to an extent that we can no longer make a connection with our reality in order to manipulate it. We occupy our minds with the constant upholding of the illusion of economy and energy, that we have no emotion or impetus left to have an affect. Also, our imaginations and our creative instincts have been all but crushed in our current educational and entertainment paradigm.

This why no magic.

So true. However, not difficult to get out of the situation we are in and back to worthwhile activities and connection.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Nice thread OP. Where do aspiring people start out in magic?
You talk about the beginners but it would also be nice to hear
where these beginners start out, like steps. Thanks.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

TheDualityExperience
Not because i can bend others will but because mine is not bent by others. No one elses 'magic' works on me.
It really is just a fancy word for the art of mental alchemy.

edit on 10-1-2014 by TheDualityExperience because: (no reason given)

If you don't respect other peoples' craft then don't expect others to respect yours. The wills of others may be in your mind only but if person A says person B was flamed by some spell and person B says it didn't happen or A doesn't have any power then person B's own power which is similar would be nullified by himself or others, if B doesn't yield and keep on insisting. B would be welcome to do anything in B's own mind and existence, but B would become an exile, nobody would want to play with B.

I believe this is a problem for many, there is the old ways of paper and pen and books of shadows, candles and other objects while the most powerful use computer technology, a simple notepad file ritually typed would be more powerful than the most powerful written spell of the old ways. Those of the new ways can also communicate with more advanced life out there, the 'technomages of other planets' who are just more convincing. If only some of the old ways would realize this and scan their written spells and cast spells on their computers and especially their internet connected routers since that is an easy entry for many who are mostly benevolent but can hardly reach them.
edit on 10-1-2014 by spiritspeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

BDBinc

I think the magicians( PR) are still plugging away behind the scenes, but what is it that makes a great mage? Its not Crowley's "bad boy" sex magic media coverage. All that did was draw a lot of lustful and selfish people to try to learn magic.

Can you tell me what is it that draws people to magic, is it the will to power?
What are the expectations of increase/gain of what exactly?
Can magic be simply doing work that needs to be done, doing it without expectations?
There is no Dogma in that.

I am not being difficult( or "mage- bashing") and am genuinely interested in your answers.

Everyone is different and each will have their own reasons to be drawn to magic.

From my point of view, everyone should aspire to be more than they are. The timing is important too. One should not undertake esoteric studies during a period of emotional unstability. If everything is reasonably stable then go for it.

An immature person might consider taking it up it purely for the purpose of obtaining power. As they progress ( if they do at all) the aims will change.

If I ask you how you would feel if someone next to you stopped breathing and you did not know how to revive them through CPR , what would you say ? Does standing there and staring without doing anything seem OK ? Of course not.

Studying the Esoteric is just another way of gaining power for the purpose of giving back. You may not want to give back initially but eventually your art will be used for good. As in every scenario , don't err to the dark side of the force as Obi Wan would say.

All of us have had someone there to help at some point in life - whether it be a successful entrepreneur (who sought to enrich himself ) giving us a well paid job; a powerful lawyer fighting hard for us for free; a good samaritan (who sought power through martial art training) intervening when we were being mugged on a dark night. A good magician can do just the same and more.

These days , there is no real opposition to the united force of the maniputalors behind the economic systems of the world. If you ever wanted a reason to become an adept that should be one. Alternatively, you could just live your life quietly and never question anything.

edit on 10-1-2014 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

spiritspeak

TheDualityExperience
Not because i can bend others will but because mine is not bent by others. No one elses 'magic' works on me.
It really is just a fancy word for the art of mental alchemy.

If you don't respect other peoples' craft then don't expect others to respect yours. The wills of others may be in your mind only but if person A says person B was flamed by some spell and person B says it didn't happen or A doesn't have any power then person B's own power which is similar would be nullified by himself or others, if B doesn't yield and keep on insisting. B would be welcome to do anything in B's own mind and existence, but B would become an exile, nobody would want to play with B.

I think that is brilliantly said.

I believe this is a problem for many, there is the old ways of paper and pen and books of shadows, candles and other objects while the most powerful use computer technology, a simple notepad file ritually typed would be more powerful than the most powerful written spell of the old ways. Those of the new ways can also communicate with more advanced life out there, the 'technomages of other planets' who are just more convincing. If only some of the old ways would realize this and scan their written spells and cast spells on their computers and especially their internet connected routers since that is an easy entry for many who are mostly benevolent but can hardly reach them.
edit on 10-1-2014 by spiritspeak because: (no reason given)

Why don't people do this?
Or do they?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

crowdedskies

From my point of view, everyone should aspire to be more than they are.

Who am I?
Why, if I can answer that question, is there more than what I am?

crowdedskies
These days , there is no real opposition to the united force of the maniputalors behind the economic systems of the world. If you ever wanted a reason to become an adept that should be one. Alternatively, you could just live your life quietly and never question anything.

Is there really no opposition to the dark forces behind the "13 families" that control the economic system?
Isn't the greed and stupidity( thinking & feeling) of man at this time assisting them?
Shouldn't you teach purity of thought and feeling, our oneness, as oppose to resisting( thereby strengthening) the dark forces?

Eventually will not their force be used for light, light is stronger than darkness.
God is the ultimate magician.
Questioning is good but finding the answers is important, and where are the answers if the questions came from within me the answers are also in me.

You agree that magic can be simply doing work that needs to be done, doing it without expectations.
There is no dogma in that.
I have seen children doing magic, aren't we are all magicians creating our own world.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

BDBinc

Is there really no opposition to the dark forces behind the "13 families" that control the economic system?
Isn't the greed and stupidity( thinking & feeling) of man at this time assisting them?
Shouldn't you teach purity of thought and feeling, our oneness, as oppose to resisting( thereby strengthening) the dark forces?

Eventually will not their force be used for light, light is stronger than darkness.
Questioning is good but finding the answers is important, and where are the answers if the questions came from within me the answers are also in me.

You agree that magic can be simply doing work that needs to be done, doing it without expectations.
I have seen children doing magic, aren't we are all magicians creating our own world.

I do not think that our views are that much different. The only difference is that I believe that the good guy needs to fight dirty too.

From what I have seen among charitable workers (even the likes of mother Theresa) , there has to be a rough side to the good guy . Otherwise nothing will change. If I were talking qaballistic , I would say we sometimes have to be 'Geburah' (use the whip) and not too much 'Chesed' (benign fellow).

That is my point of view.

As far as the 13 families ( as you call them) are concerned, they have never had competition. This is all that was needed. Yet nobody came forward.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
What makes magic so difficult to study. I would say because its boring, passe to watch, pointless in 99 %of its application and largely a waste of any ones time to learn.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

BASSPLYR
What makes magic so difficult to study. I would say because its boring, passe to watch, pointless in 99 %of its application and largely a waste of any ones time to learn.

Perhaps as boring as learning scales in music but ,just as in music, the rewards are beyond imagination.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

crowdedskies

BDBinc

I do not think that our views are that much different. The only difference is that I believe that the good guy needs to fight dirty too.

From what I have seen among charitable workers (even the likes of mother Theresa) , there has to be a rough side to the good guy . Otherwise nothing will change. If I were talking qaballistic , I would say we sometimes have to be 'Geburah' (use the whip) and not too much 'Chesed' (benign fellow).

That is my point of view.

As far as the 13 families ( as you call them) are concerned, they have never had competition. This is all that was needed. Yet nobody came forward.

History shows men came forward. Every time love and light shines there is "competition" these are the times when man does not act through selfishness and greed.
This suffering may be necessary to wake up no? Did you read Helping Hand's historic thread on ATS?
For if our selfishness ( with the mistaken idea of being separate mind body )continues how can the world change? We will be desiring exactly what " things" this ignorance (of ourselves)tells us will make us happy and in doing that will keep feeding/empowering the "dark forces" .

You mean the good guy needs to be bad/dirty? I disagree.
Yes debt slavery and the privately owned monetary system needs to be exposed. Harmful ideas/lies that were fed to the population should be debunked .
"Advocates" like Ellen Brown (trying to make the economic system public not private) may just as well (if not already operating as) be hijacked by dark forces.
You know when there is a strong (group) revolutionary thought they hijack it, look at the tactics they used on the tea party & occupy movement ( divide and conquer). They own the media and have paid shrills online so the revolution/ competition of the mind must come from within each " Chesed".
Maybe we should be telling everyone that they can do magic, and loose the dogma (and fear) of the cloaked Jekyl Islanders.
Do not be frustrated with the chesed for light and love will always triumph, don't doubt it . There is more at play in this game than just humanity.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Its time for me that is a problem because quality time for this study, when one is not too tired, can get time alone and manage to grab a slot each day or at least regularly is, literally when the wheels fall off and I then loose days. Its also not a topic that comes up very often and, if it does, its like astrology, usually ridiculed.

Although its easier for me to make notes on a computer somehow I don't know whether I would like my private thoughts and workings open to hacking and if my computer went wrong I don't fancy some technician being able to read through my notes etc. I noticed in a post above that this was recommended and I wondered if anyone else agreed about the benefits of using a computer for this type of esoteric working?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Shiloh7
Its time for me that is a problem because quality time for this study, when one is not too tired, can get time alone and manage to grab a slot each day or at least regularly is, literally when the wheels fall off and I then loose days. Its also not a topic that comes up very often and, if it does, its like astrology, usually ridiculed.

I agree that time can be a problem.

Although its easier for me to make notes on a computer somehow I don't know whether I would like my private thoughts and workings open to hacking and if my computer went wrong I don't fancy some technician being able to read through my notes etc. I noticed in a post above that this was recommended and I wondered if anyone else agreed about the benefits of using a computer for this type of esoteric working?

I do not keep notes on a computer. I too am wary of hacking. Nothing beats a small notebook. Keeping something on a computer is like leaving a sheet of paper in the wind. You will eventually lose it.

On the other hand I do recognise the computer and internet as a representation of how the mind intergrates with the environment. In the case of the computer , it interfaces with the web. It is possible to draw parallels and it is useful in modelling.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
To those of you who refute the magick of imagination I SAY TO YOU!!! I SAY, i'm sorry you lack the depth and analytical tools to understand how beautiful and magickal it really is to physically manifest one of your ideas into reality through creative problem solving.

Enjoy your boring day.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

onequestion
To those of you who refute the magick of imagination I SAY TO YOU!!! I SAY, i'm sorry you lack the depth and analytical tools to understand how beautiful and magickal it really is to physically manifest one of your ideas into reality through creative problem solving.

Enjoy your boring day.

Imagination will always be central to magic. I agree.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I'm not going to enter into active participation in this thread, as I respect everyone's beliefs, provided they acknowledge them as such. I am, however, going to watch this thread to take note of the posers.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join