It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud booms (and lights) heard in London 9 Jan 14

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I hope this is the right forum for this topic.
I, my hubby and my teenagers were in our South London front room when at 6pm we all heard 2 loud booms. Curtains shut so no lights seen.
It was boom.... then 2 seconds..... another boom.

My teenagers run upstairs to see if someone was having a firework display. Personally I thought they didn't sound like fireworks but explosions.

Then about 5mins later they came running down after we all heard a further two loud booms, with the same length of time between the booms, (which I thought was remarkably skilled if they were fireworks).
They then told me that two bright lights had covered the whole sky over London (North of us) at the same time of the booms.

Then half an hour later we felt and heard a rumble ....in LONDON????? Never felt a rumble here before.
(Also I 'knew' it was coming (as I'm a sensitive).)

I thought I would tell you guys as a site (not naming) banned me as I tried to tell this info. SO OBVIOUSLY IT IS A TOUCHY SUBJECT.

Also I can't tell you either that BIN have people hearing this in relation to the ''frost quakes'' that were being heard before the 'polar vortex' actually arrived.... And that military airplanes were seen just before the booms.

Spacewar or like the movie The Core??????

Did anyone hear any loud booms today anywhere in the World today???? Especially in London???

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

What time of the day did this occur?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rusblued9217

Sounds like a big meteor or a couple of them,
-hopefully..
(would hate it if it was some kind of terrorist attack or whatever)

Looking forward to the replies and the news feed as I'd imagine a lot of people will be chiming in.

Stay safe and ya if it's meteors stay away from windows, we all know how they love to break when big rocks pass above (Russia)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

now if this happened over london then sky news must have missed it.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
About 6pm. I did say that in the post.

I did find something on BIN (I hope y'all know what the acronym stands for?) About 'Core shockwave likely with strong geomagnetic storm and Jupiter opposition combined'. This is the title btw.

Licolnshire is further wawy then I'd imagine this boom being heard- so therefore NOT a firework.

Did anyone feel the rumble? About 6.30pm?

Any ideas as to the cause?
I heard meterorites..
Which strangely reminds of a dream I had on 3rd Jan 14. I saw the globe and saw a meterorite hit the Atlantic. I then zoomed onto Britain and saw some donkeys in a flooded field waiting for a rescue. Zoomed back out and saw a volcano erupt about southwest of Great Britain. No idea how far away the volcano was but I do know the seisometer for La Palma has been turned off......I find that interesting.
And I discovered that Astereoid 2014AA had hit the Atlantic. And a Welsh couple had heard a loud boom and a bright light off the Welsh coast and later that day the Black swell came-Europe and Ireland and Portugal got a mini tsunami.

We certainly live in interesting times.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

If it's South London it's probably gunshots.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

That light up the whole sky????

I do know what you mean but we tend to go to Bluewater or Bromley. Croydon is worse IMHO.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
We are actually on the border of South east London and North west Kent.
But I usually just say South London as most people know where that is.

Going to bed now, will look in on this thread later today.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

We heard the noises here in Canada too! We heard it 1 time before New Year's (we all thought it was ice crashing down from the rooftop. It was very loud and the house shook!) and we heard it again on New Year's day. We thought a raccoon fell from the roof
. Toronto and the regions around it were the main areas where people heard the BOOM and felt the SHAKING. Map of the regions that it was heard from The news stations said that the noises were the cause of a phenomenon called cryoseism or "Frost Quake". Pretty much, when water expands in the ground at super cold temperatures, it creates a boom. But that does not explain the reason why my two story house shook like a 5.0 magnitude earthquake was going on. What it is . Personally I think that this is all a bunch of bull, and someone
is testing secret weaponry of sorts. Could be also be secret military aircraft's that travel at super high speeds.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

There have been similar booms in North Carolina and on the Canadian border. The ones in Carolina also had orange orbs over the water. In several spots along the Gulf Coast they have also been heard. These have all been in areas with multiple ufo sitings.

I would also say that the earth shield got hit with a pretty good blast from the sun starting yesterday and was supposed to last thirty odd hours i think it was.

Many earthquakes and volcanic action happens around these sun events hitting our shield and stressing and causing events in the earth. Some say the booms are from energy releases coming from the tectonic plates.

The Bot

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
here in hull at 03.30am
www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hi guys all here still?

Nothing occurred today so keep your eyes and ears peeled, there will be more stuff down the pipeline, so don't forget to write a thread, even if just to keep the fear away.

I was told a few years ago that the world would be passing through (????) with just a bump and not the like the movie 2012.
Maybe this is the 'bump' ??

Signing off. Keep safe everyone.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Just found this article, so I thought I'd share it.

www.hulldailymail.co.uk...
In the article it says not thunder or lightning.

In fact what I remembered was , as my boom sounded first and then the light occurred AFTER, now that was weird...

The laws of physics would say the speed of light is always faster than sound. So I don't believe my boom was thunder either.

So what was it?

What if the sound was coming from underground and the light was the product of the sound?
Or that the light arrived after the boom sound because the wave had to go though a dense medium, such as the ground under us And slowed the light down.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

2 Loud Booms - possibly Firewirks, maybe something else- at approx'y 22:30pm this evening, sounds heard just north of the river Thames.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by steaming

Thanks for that. As peeps in USA seem to think they are the only ones getting this weird boom sounds.

www.youtube.com...

The guy's comments in the youtube video above mention that Europe can't be having any booms as we aren't making videos about them......
I think he made a video as they are having earthquakes afterwards. I did feel a rumble but I don't want to make a video.

I did find new info that Ollerton, near Nottinghamshire has a few EQ's recently and they have been having loud booms too, but the EQs are only about 1-2 Mag.
I mean come on I'm British I'm not going to make a vide.o over 1-2 Mag...... stiff upper lip and all that.

I will however write a letter..... or a thread. lol

Hope you all keep safe.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

lol...no , no we don't

new topics

top topics

join