It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus used a magic wand?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

It's just that you had two very long replies spanning multiple pages - the first was a reply about Mithra and the second a general post about Jesus's life - both of those posts did not even contain a single word "magic" or "wand" and I could not see the link to the context of this post and Jesus using Wands or not. Since this post is discussion about Jesus using wands then I consider your posts off-topic.

Also, large cut & paste replies from the internet with little or no comments from the user posting it is generally frowned upon here at ATS.

That question depends on

a)the definition of 'Jesus', (did they actually exist or not) (were they as the scriptures or not)
b)the definition of 'wand' in contemporary religious practices

This thread is not about the existance of Jesus.

edit on 12-1-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So are you saying Jesus couldn't have performed his miracles without a want? Shame....Shame Shame...

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

The posts are relevant to the topic. Mithraism contains magic. The origins and cultural influences of a possibly mythical character determine whether or not they are more or less likely to have indulged in certain practices such as that of using wands.

A Nazarene or Mithraist is more likely to have used a wand.

The long quotes are to see the information in context, it is detailed and relevant and my comments relevant to the quotes. I have to also add that such quotes aren't anywhere near as long as some youtube videos posted on the site and also a kindness on my part as I have chosen the relevant information to the question rather than just posting a link to an entire study of the origins of 'Jesus'.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Any question about 'Jesus' is about the existence of 'Jesus' or not and whether or not the 'Jesus' of the New Testament did or didn't exist and about the practices they did or didn't do. That it the truth, fact!

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

“And when the steward of the feast did taste of the water from the pots, it had become wine.

“And he knew not whence it had come. But the servants did know, and they applauded loudly in the kitchen.

“And they said unto the Lord: ‘How the hell did you do that?’ And inquired of him: ‘Do you do children’s parties?’

“And the Lord said: ‘No.’ But the servants did press him, saying: ‘Go on, give us another one’.”

- The miracle at Cana, from newly discovered original scrolls..
edit on RAmerica/Chicago31uSun, 12 Jan 2014 17:13:02 -06001-0600fCST05 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: Christ on a bike you people are mental

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join