It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus used a magic wand?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It's Aliens.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Treespeaker

Well, in my opinion the wand symbolizes something obviously, I think that it may represent the miracles being "man-made" much like a wand must be handcrafted by someone. I'm not sure about the resonance and penny things though, I'm confused at how they relate to my post, could you elaborate a little?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

Was reading the old testament the other day, about Moses I think. When god was telling moses to tell the Egyptian dudes that he was the only god. God was doing magic tricks to prove it. But at the same time the Egyptian magic guys were copying , like saying whatever we can do that as well. Think the Egyptian guys got stump at the end. Maybe raining frogs or something.No mention of wands but appears there were a few people running around doing magic at the time.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

So Jesus went to Hogwarts Academy?

LOLZ

An interesting take, OP.

SnF

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I've always entertained the scenario of Jesus having been an incredibly talented witch. If he just said he was god, they would dismiss him like all the other crazy vagrants but, since they believed him to practice sorcery, they nailed him to a pole.

I don't admit this often but I do acknowledge Jesus sometimes in my craft work in much the same way I do Hermes and Thoth; as alpha-witches whom to look up to.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Bearing in mind ancient Egyptian religious practices such as the Isis cult had set the tone for Archaic religions, the demonstration of 'supernatural power' was the currency with which religions were formed. Also worth noting that the majority of people back then believed in all sorts of things and lived in a world surrounded by superstition.

Some good research here that explains it well:

Late Antique and Early Church Evidence
Moses was certainly depicted as the preeminent Jewish leader in writingsfrom late antiquity. Philo of Alexandria wrote a two-volume work devotedto Moses,
De Vita Mosis
, where he portrayed Moses as a divine king.
More importantly, Moses was known as a Jewish wonder worker in lateantiquity, a status conferred on him by critics such as Pliny and Celsus.Eusebius even went so far as to call Moses a contributor to the Isis cult,emphasizing his wonder-working ability.
Moses was also referenced inseveral places in the magical papyri. In one incantation, the magician wassupposed to take on the persona of Moses, saying, “I am Moses yourprophet to whom you have transmitted your mysteries, celebrated by Israel”

(
PGM
V.110). In another incantation, Moses is credited as anauthor of a secret book of spells, “Te Eighth Book of Moses,” exhibiting Moses as a model for all magicians. (
PGM
XIII.1–343). Moses wasconsidered a supernatural leader as Origen claimed: “Tere have been twomen who have come to visit the human race of whom supernatural mira-cles have been recorded; I mean Moses, your lawgiver . . . and Jesus” (Origen,
Cels.
1.45).Comparing Jesus to Moses was fairly common in early church texts. Teauthor of the
Epistle of Barnabas
as well as Justin Martyr employed an alle-gorical typology to demonstrate Moses as prefiguring Jesus.
In the case of Justin, it appears that the staff of Jesus was meant to recall the staff thatMoses utilizes in the performance of his miracles. Te iconography of theRoman relief sculptures confirms the intention by sight, and the textualreferences reveal the motivation to connect the wonders of Moses to themiracles of Jesus. Justin in his
Dialogue with rypho
was perhaps the mostexplicit: When Moses was sent with a rod to deliver the people, he held it in hishands at their head, and he divided the sea in two. With this rod he touched the rock and saw water gush forth. And, by throwing a tree into the bitter waters of Marah, he made them sweet. By placing rods in their drinking-places, Jacob caused the sheep of his mother’s brother to conceive . . . Aaron’s rod, by blossoming, proved him to be the high priest. Isaiah, indeed, foretold that Christ would come forth as a rod from the root of Jesse.

According to Justin, Christ will come as a “rod.” His miracle-working power is connected to the wonders of Moses. The staff became a commonelement tying the two figures together. It is no accident in the artworksthat the staff of Jesus is stylistically similar to the staff of Moses. Te moti-vation of depicting Christ wielding a staff is to depict him as a wonderworker similar yet superior to Moses. The staff marks him as a prophecy fulfilled: He is the rod from the root of Jesse, and his staff and effective miracles prove it to be so. Te staff of Moses was a remarkable and tangible attribute that is useful to endow Christian figures with the traits of Moses,and to remind viewers of the Christian fulfillment of Old testament prophecies.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

gardener
So thats how our Savior changed water into wine!

Did Moses have one too? I mean, he parted the seas!

Yes, Moses had a magic rod, his brother Aaron had one too - some reasearchers believe that Moses's staff and Aaron's rod was the same tough. Aarons staff was carried inside the Ark of the Covenant when not in use.

Staff of Moses
Aaron's rod

edit on 10-1-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Maybe it is an early remote control of some sort-- for humans, how to turn them on and off, run diagnostics and defrag &c.?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Lagrimas

Or time traveller?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

And parted seas!!!

This 'God' does like giving his chosen new toys to play with!!!

Didn't The Ark of the Covenant how special powers? Didn't others also fashion clothing with gem buttons that gave direct communication to 'God'?!?!?

Didn't this God arrive in a Fire Chariot...that is best described as something entirely other than a spaceship (sarcasm)....ignoring the several 'metallic' mentionings within its description?

Or even the column of fire protecting Moses that comes from the sky?

Oh God....I give up!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by misse2miss

Imagine if it was all just an illusion...and Lazarus got paid quite handsomely to be part of the charade.....as I'm sure Dynamo's do!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
amazing to me is that it took 3 centuries to even show a picture of him....since, obviously, they didn't have cameras back then, and the fact that 3 hundred years went by eliminates any first person recollection by 15 generations, on top of the fact that if he was known back then as the son of god, there should have been plenty of paintings and drawings of him from that period...his depiction and physical description is all made up...maybe this is "THE BIG TRUTH"....humans are simply biologically designed creatures adaptive to earth, but of alien origin.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Several of those depictions also show Jesus wearing a Roman toga. Does that mean he was really a roman aristocrat as well?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
In my opinion, I think that any rod, staff or wand that is depicted in religious or spiritual art is symbolic and represents the spine which in turn represents the Kundalini.

If a person has been depicted with a staff or wand it will symbolise that the person has reached a certain 'level' in their spiritual endeavours and has risen their Kundalini.

An artist/sculptor may have has this in mind when creating their art and other artists may have followed suit not knowing what they were symbolising.

Or.....I could be wrong and Jesus and Moses had real physical and magical pieces of wood that helped them perform miracles that were either real or symbolic. Personally I think the miracle of water into wine is symbolic, although I suppose there's no reason why it couldn't have been a real physical miracle too.

Gnobody

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

NavyDoc
reply to post by dashen

Several of those depictions also show Jesus wearing a Roman toga. Does that mean he was really a roman aristocrat as well?

Jesus and His teachings were rejected by a majority of the Jewish population. Although the early Christian cult took hold in Roman and Egyptian mystic circles. And mysticism is often the fad of the aristocracy

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

dashen

NavyDoc
reply to post by dashen

Jesus and His teachings were rejected by a majority of the Jewish population. Although the early Christian cult took hold in Roman and Egyptian mystic circles. And mysticism is often the fad of the aristocracy

That's kind of my point: wouldn't the portraits in question be more influenced by the symbolism and belief system of the painter than an attempted accurate representation--if an accurate representation would be even possible 300 years after the fact.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I really wish i was my mother, she would have a field day with this topic. We've discussed indepth about jesus. Her own many years of research have lead her to these conclusions. Jesus did in fact learn magic. He is not the massiah, He was in fact a trickster. A magician. Magic in its current form is trickery, illusion and sleight of hand. He pulled the most epic of magic tricks, he died for 3 days and came back to life. But not only that, he usurped his cousins legacy. I believe the immaculate conception and the real "saviour" is in fact John the baptist. Who was in fact born in an immaculate conception, as he was born to a mother who was in menopause.

So maybe jesus was indeed a magician, and did carry a wand of some kind. Perhaps.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Doodle19815
As mentioned above, even Moses had a "magical staff". His turned into a snake.

I believe this could be true, but in your picture Moses isnt using that as a wand.

It looks like he's just throwing a stick at a snake. A good shot apparently.

Eta: sorry I misread that. The stick turned into a snake? I thought he was shooing Satan away.
edit on 10-1-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This is a thought that has crossed my mind before. Jesus being a 'magician' that is.

Personally, if Jesus did in fact exist, I believe we has just a normal person ahead of his time that created a religion. I don't believe he had divine or mystical powers.

When you look at it, it would seem at least a little likely.

Raising the dead or healing the sick is an easy thing to pull off. Usually called 'Faith healing' today. All you need is a fairly descent actor(s). I have actually often seen very crummy, low budget shows within churches where the pastors would 'heal' people who claim to be afflicted. It's obviously fake, or they are experiencing the placebo effect, since they only do it in the confines of the church, and only do it on their own account. You won't see these people out in hospitals preforming medical miracles on a daily basis. So that could help explain how Jesus may have pulled that off.

When it comes to walking on water I actually saw the famous magician Cris Angel do this in his show "mind freak." He didn't literally walk on water of course, it was just an illusion.

Turning water into wine is another famous miracle he was said to have done. And this can also be pulled off. Not by actually physically making one become another, but to give the illusion it has happened. Such as turning the water into another color. Which can be done with certain chemical reactions.

Just providing something to ponder a bit. I like trying to put different spins on things to try and figure out what really happened.
edit on 10-1-2014 by Lingweenie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join