It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus used a magic wand?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Did Jesus use a magic wand when performing his miracles? The answer is yes if you believe the earliest depictions of Jesus in Christian art.

We have no depictions of Jesus before the 3rd century AD. However, the first depictions we find of him clearly shows him using a wand when performing miracles - he uses the wand to change water to wine, multiply the bread and fishes, and raise Lazarus. The non-bearded child-faced image of Jesus carrying a wand seems to have lasted until the 5th century.
The bible never mentions Jesus using a wand, in fact, many healing miracles happened by someone touching Jesus or being touched by him. However, Jesus was also called the Good Shepherd, which may have indicated that he carried a shepherd’s staff with him.

Peter was the only disciple of Jesus that was also depicted using a wand when performing certain miracles in early Christian art.

In the Old Testament Moses used a rod to separate the Red Sea, and his brother Aaron's rod also plays its part.

It makes you wonder if Jesus was a magician, and that the later Roman Holy Church suppressed this information when they tailored Christianity. Supposedly, the Templars knew this, see Secret Templar information revealed in drawings. Jesus with a wand? for an old ATS discussion on that.

The Raising of Lazarus, Sarcophagus in Lateran, 4th century

The Multiplication of the Loaves and Fishes, Fresco, 3rd-4th century

Raising of Lazarus

Raising of Lazarus using a rod from the Gravestone of Datus, 3rd century

Nativity, baptism of Jesus, and Jesus raising Jairus' daughter, sarcophagus, Vatican Museum, Rome, 4th century

Gilt Glass Bowl, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 4th century

Sources:
The Staff of Jesus in Early Christian Arts
Was Jesus A Magician?
Depictions of Jesus - After_Constantine[
Christ the Magician

edit on 9-1-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
So thats how our Savior changed water into wine!

Did Moses have one too? I mean, he parted the seas!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Maybe he had a stick or a scepter and used it as a pointer. I don't believe the magic wand bruhaha.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Banned portions of the Babylonian Talmud describe Jesuss life between age 12 and 30 as spent learning magic in Egypt.
This was all after he was ejected from Academy in Judea.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Something like this?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Or maybe he had a functioning screwdriver.

Thanks for the thread and the information.
edit on 9-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

A Vril staff is an object in the shape of a wand or a staff which is used as a channel for Vril. The narrator describes it as hollow with 'stops', 'keys', or 'springs' in which Vril can be altered, modified or directed to either destroy or heal. The staff is about the size of a walking stick but can be lengthened or shortened according to the user's preferences. The appearance and function of the Vril staff differs according to gender, age, etc. Some staves are more potent for destruction, others for healing. The staves of children are said to be much simpler than those of sages; in those of wives and mothers the destructive part is removed while the healing aspects are emphasised.

the Vril-ya are descendants of an antediluvian civilisation who live in networks of subterranean caverns linked by tunnels. It is a technologically supported Utopia, chief among their tools being the "all-permeating fluid" called "Vril", a latent source of energy which its spiritually elevated hosts are able to master through training of their will, to a degree which depends upon their hereditary constitution, giving them access to an extraordinary force that can be controlled at will. The powers of the will include the ability to heal, change, and destroy beings and things; the destructive powers in particular are awesomely powerful, allowing a few young Vril-ya children to wipe out entire cities if necessary. It is also suggested that the Vril-ya are fully telepathic.

I think the evidence is strong there has been and mabey still is a super race living alongside humanity hidden. Possibly an underground race, mabey Alien its speculation but one thing seems sure Jesus wand is a technological device.

The Coming Race was originally published anonymously in late 1871 but Bulwer-Lytton was known to be the author

edit on 9-1-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Pretty cool, I don't see why not.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

kimish
Maybe he had a stick or a scepter and used it as a pointer. I don't believe the magic wand bruhaha.

Or perhaps the wand was in fact some kind of futuristic nanotechnology or replicator device. Jesus could be alien?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I believe it was made out of Holly wood.

second

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Or that the Roman Empire rolled together a whole load of ''this will sell'' mish mash of all the other ''successful'' religions they knew of into a ball with the title ''new superhero named Jesus'' aka ''you will follow us, right, now we have all your deities rolled into one, haha bwahhhahahahh'' or something like that.

That aside, it would be interesting to know the real story and TRUTH behind all religions.

The way I see it, if any superhuman beings such as Jesus were / are connected to God / Absolute energy / in some way, then I would rather deal with them directly rather than believing the writings and re writings of unscrupulous men throughout a few thousand years, and we know a lot of it isn't as it was originally, and we know a lot of it was altered by greedy Popes and politicians.
edit on 9-1-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
As mentioned above, even Moses had a "magical staff". His turned into a snake.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

When "moving emery"....hands could be considered a hammer......and a wand/implement with history...chosen very carefully can be the nail. One is much more precise......the cost is less when the precision is greater.

It's not magical thinking in my experience that you can induce electrical/energy to flow from you (the battery) to a defined place.....what the result is I guess is up to the individuals perception .

The part of life that people mystify is simpler than most guess and very organic and base.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'm not saying this is at all a possibilty but for fun lets say it is. Many magicians as we know are actually optical illusionists.

If he were to have been a magician and showed these people this "trick" i dont think it would be a far out idea to think the placebo affect could have taken place had these people tasted the "wine".

Very interesting theroy op s+f.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Jesus used a magic wand?

I would tell you but I don't think that you know the right hand shakes.

Oh my god! I kill myself! Man! This is such a loaded subject...

See?! there I go again.

Too funny, OP.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
You know I cannot help but call it the Horn of the Hidden Uni-Corn ...

Cool thread topic to discuss and thanks for the links.

(Oh and yall click my name and check out my recent threads too if you are interested in this stuff!
After you finish reading all the OP's links he/she kindly provided that is.)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
He actually had a magical prayer shawl. If you can manage to touch the tzitzit of his tallit, he doesn't even have to be paying attention and you get healed! Good to know. (See Matthew 9:20, Mark 5:25, Luke 8:43, Luke 8:44.)

Contemporary priests and preachers kind of like to downplay Jesus's activities with magic, sorcery and necromancy, despite the Gospels being chock full of it.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Or maybe Jesus didn't perform any of the miracles and the wand represents fake magic. Wands are used in big budget Hollywood magic movies so maybe it means it was all made up? Just a thought. I in no way believe Jesus raised anyone from the dead or anything like that, those stories are only symbolism for greater truths.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What do you make of objects with resonance?

Have you yet encountered such a thing?

I'm very curious from your post.....

I had a conversation with someone once that noted that a penny's found as being a cursed thing....

Now I happen to be a person that throws penny's around ....to be found a penny found etc.

The perspective is everything....and the analogy is literal ....I drop any penny I get to the floor.....go figure.

I'm very interested from your view point.

edit on 9-1-2014 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Nah, that's just his good old pointing stick. They didn't have laser pointers back then, and using a stick was the next best thing. Does anyone remember Ross Perot doing his little TV specials with his pointer?

If you are presenting something, having something to wave around and point to things with makes it seem more dramatic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join