It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take a look inside a "Dooms Day" E-4B

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Great guided tour of the inside of an E-4B 747-200, also know as the "Dooms Day" plane.

In the event of a nuclear war, a terrorist attack, an alien invasion or, generally speaking, Armageddon, the U.S. Air Force’s four E-4B planes based at Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska will be responsible to keep the U.S. Secretary of Defense, the Joint Chiefs of Staff and other top personalities alive whilst Obama would be on board the Air Force One.

I had no idea that they could spool out 5 miles of antennae wire out the back.

Bonus points if you knew what the grid over the window was before the pilot told you.

theaviationist.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sammamishman

Bonus points if you knew what the grid over the window was before the pilot told you.

I didn't watch the vid but I suppose it's a RF shield.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that video. It's very cool to finally get to see the inside of the E-4B.

I was credited by CNN for discovering the identity of that plane, which was seen flying over D.C. on 9/11.

Along with the story at the link above, CNN also did a video broadcast of the story:

Although at the time, it was officially denied that the E-4B was airborne on 9/11, it was eventually acknowledged that three of the four were airborne at some point on 9/11.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Cool, thanks for your diligence in educating the media and the added video.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Not quite.......but good guess.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Oh, damn, that is just over the top. Every one of those work stations has a nice, big microwave oven within arm's reach.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Sammamishman
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Not quite.......but good guess.

Actually, he's right. EMP is an RF pulse. I generally call such things RF shielding or suppression. The test you run for EMP resistance is called the radiated RF susceptibility test.

eta: And the 5 miles, well, emitting VLF with efficiency requires a long LONG antenna.
edit on 9-1-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Bedlam
eta: And the 5 miles, well, emitting VLF with efficiency requires a long LONG antenna.

And it's a serious pain in the ass when it breaks or has to be cut and replaced.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

i knew it was emp sheilding when you posted "wires on the windows"

faraday cage enclosed computer workstations, all hardened inside.

this is what amazon and google have done with underground bunker server stations as well

if you didn't know.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Is it just strictly RF wave? I thought there were other frequencies involved (DC to daylight)?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Has one broke mid flight before that you know? I imagine 5 miles of wire falling across high tension power lines, freeways, other airborn aircraft........

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Sammamishman
reply to post by Bedlam

Is it just strictly RF wave? I thought there were other frequencies involved (DC to daylight)?

Most of the energy is around 30MHz, but you get components up to microwave. If you look at the spacing of the wires in the window, that'll tell you the highest frequency they worry about.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Sammamishman
reply to post by Zaphod58

Has one broke mid flight before that you know? I imagine 5 miles of wire falling across high tension power lines, freeways, other airborn aircraft........

Wow, wouldn't THAT suck. Drop one across a HV line, trailing into a pool..

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Bedlam

Wow, wouldn't THAT suck. Drop one across a HV line, trailing into a pool..

......Make for an electrifying swim........sorry, couldn't resist.

Thanks for the EMP education too...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

They're generally only deployed when they're flying over water. The primary use (that I know of) is talking to subs. But yes, quite a few have broken. In fact an E-4 lost one about 5 or 6 years ago.

new topics

top topics

join