It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple Zombies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Ever been to a website and some toxic spam pops up,'congratulations you have won,or may have won some apple product or handheld toy'.Well I don't damn well want it thank you.

Last year the NSA called Apple users 'zombies' and Steve Jobs 'big brother',well with that sort of endorsement I certainly don't want any toy these people have a back door to.

I agree with them on the zombies comment though.

Been on a bus recently there they all are sitting there totally absorbed with their hand helds,for heavens sake don't talk to anyone,don't look up you know this stuff must be like Linus from Peanuts security blanket,just clutch that toy,scroll and peer,blot it all out.People are now being murdered on public transport and no one notices they're all playing angry birds or whatever.These people have the same situational awareness as a chicken pegged to the carousel on its way through the slaughterhouse door.

Kids can't read or write because they are all using some butchered shorthand on their hand helds,I was in a car recently with 2 kids one in the front seat one in the back,did they talk to each other,no-they texted each other-crazy stuff.

Then there is the idiots walking through shopping centres talking loudly to themselves once only the perogative of lunatics,the woman on the phone discussing what goes in the shopping cart-pathetic,imbeciles texting and talking while driving the list is endless.

The sales rep who takes calls and plays with his laptop whilst your in front of him-infuriating.

I was in Bangkok recently and went to a comedy show which cost 50 dollars,I swear 90 percent of the audience spent the show testing and talking,I suppose they took a selfie to prove they were there but they wouldn't have a clue about the show.

Now don't get me wrong for business or travel these devices have a use,as long as they serve you,not the other way round,but now this technology is as common as television I would have to say it is the second greatest contributor to human stupidity after television.

I could get into the dark side of this stuff spiritually but the world is beyond caring about being turned into the legion of the damed,George Carlin said it best we want them just smart enough to operate the machines but too damn stupid to figure out they are being screwed.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Amen.

And just imagine what it is going to be like in just 20 more years.

Scary thought.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I am using my iMac to post this and will follow the thread on my iPad. If I am out and about town I will use my iPhone to follow along. I love my Apple products! And last time I checked, I'm pretty sure I'm not a zombie.

< ---- You should be more concerned that this looks like a bikini......

ETA - I should note here that I am only picking on your use of the Apple name. (Sometimes my meanings get lost in translation.) I do however agree that people are getting much too dependent on the use of their "toys".
edit on 9-1-2014 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Im not knocking the product nor the intelligent use of it so bon apetit if it serves you and you don't serve it fine.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by khnum

Honestly I think your rage is misplaced.

Sure the new age of electronic devices has negative consequences. People not paying attention to where they are walking/driving, chat speak (I hate it when people use "u" and a replacement for "you" it annoys me).

That being said I in no way believe that these devices are contributing towards stupidity. I would argue just the opposite, if anything they have increased social interaction (albeit not in a traditional form) and have ultimately improved the the overall education of the populace. Go back 100 years ago and see how literate, or well informed the average person was on general knowledge, or current events. They would have no way of knowing the intricacies of world affairs like we do today, hell they could not even communicate with people with people across the country without waiting a few weeks (if not longer).

Our technology has given us opportunities that people in the past couldn't even dream of, not to mention the effect that it has had on our understanding of reality. Of course as we continue to develop our technology we will become dependent on it. For example, yesterday my cell phone decided to crap out on me. I'm not one to have my nose in my phone all the time, but I realized that without my phone I have no way of telling the time accurately. It is my digital pocket watch. That is the risk we take when developing this stuff and implementing it into society. Back in the day it was a necessity to know how to hunt, but now that has become a very low priority skill to be dependent on because we have the ability to accumulate currency and purchase meat from a vendor. So now we are dependent on having skills to accumulate currency.

Technology has not turned us into Zombies. It is the greatest thing that has ever happened to our species, hands down, and hopefully it will take us to the stars where our true destiny awaits.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

In 1914 7.7 percent of the US population was not literate,now 1 in 7 or 14 percent of Americans cannot read and comprehend beyond a basic childrens book level.In some places like Detroit 47 per cent of the population are functionally illiterate,in 1914 you actually had to pass a literacy test to become a citizen,most students today would fail abjectly my high school English and Mathematics exams from 1982 let alone tests from 1914,try it yourself look up an old high school test and see how you go.

Increased social interaction includes cyber bullying,stalking,sexual predators and all other manner of cretins,I do not have Facepalm,Twitface or the any of it especially as they are known data mining instruments for intelligence agencies and corporations.People do not I believe have increased general knowledge they stick with the same sports,hobbies and interests they followed on television.They do not have true knowledge of current events only the mass media spin of them presenting them 24 hours a day with things to worry about needlessly.Yes you could communicate and be informed there was telegraph and newspapers.

As for the upcoming technologies genetics,robotics,artificial intelligence,chimeras,transhumanism,nanotechnology and human advancement it is the military industrial complex at the forefront of all these and their job is to create hell on earth-not heaven.The only thing we will be sending to the stars is artificial intelligence and it will report back long after anybody who sent it is dead.

There will be some positives but not all of us see the future as rosy.

edit on 9-1-2014 by khnum because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This is what a principal said in 1815 about this "modern habit of writing on paper!":

Source

* This is the time of electronic communication. We are doing this right here. And if the kids love their whatsapp (or whatever else), so be it!

There should be rules, dictated by parents. Our rules are: no reading (electronic or paper) at breakfast, dinner and supper. No more than (AGE/10) hours per day spent on TV or electronic devices.

Up to now, we have succeeded using these rules. Someday, our kids will be big enought to determine the needed time on their own, but not now.
edit on 10-1-2014 by ManFromEurope because: whoops, 1807 was incorrect - stupid memory of mine!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by khnum

Most of what you say is about tech and its impact on society, not Apple.
While I agree with your points, it seems like the rant is about losing our human connection and no longer interacting with one another, not apple as a company, so perhaps a little unfair on apple

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I love how so many people are so quick to defend their pricey piece of crap "Apple" toys here. But the original OP didn't just specify Apple. Look again.

khnum
Ever been to a website and some toxic spam pops up,'congratulations you have won,or may have won some apple product or handheld toy'.Well I don't damn well want it thank you.

This just goes to reaffirm my thought that people who use only Apple products are snobs and bigots...and maybe Nazis even.
But I believe that the OP is right. There are times I wish the interwebz would crash for a week or two. It would be a fun experiment watching people melt down...and eventually learn how to reconnect with each other.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Looking again the title of the thread is " apple Zombies". You just called apple users snobs, bigots and nazis.

It's not just apple products causing this. Blackberry is probably more to blame for the texting addiction or BBM-ing.
edit on 13-1-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

violet
reply to post by TDawgRex

Looking again the title of the thread is " apple Zombies". You just called apple users snobs, bigots and nazis.

It's not just apple products causing this. Blackberry is probably more to blame for the texting addiction or BBM-ing.
edit on 13-1-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

I'm just saying "fans" of Apple products tend to get very defensive when their choice of tech is brought up. The Nazi's thing was meant to be humorous.

top topics

join