It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Earthquake of Irony is Approaching

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

TST is a good theory, but it's not going to replace ET's as the prime suspect for UFO's.

When I think of tectonic strain, I immediately think of fault lines or plate boundaries. Sure TST can explain UFO sightings in these areas, but what about places like the outback of Australia? It's one of the biggest UFO hotspots in the world, however it's on a stable continent thousands of miles away from any major fault line. How could seismic activity be linked to those sightings?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Thecakeisalie

TST is a good theory, but it's not going to replace ET's as the prime suspect for UFO's.

It might, once people realize how consciousness and psi can fill in the missing pieces of the puzzle. If a populace projects an archetype onto an earthquake light, that light doesn't remain a mere earthquake light. It becomes something more. Something bizarre.

When I think of tectonic strain, I immediately think of fault lines or plate boundaries. Sure TST can explain UFO sightings in these areas, but what about places like the outback of Australia? It's one of the biggest UFO hotspots in the world, however it's on a stable continent thousands of miles away from any major fault line. How could seismic activity be linked to those sightings?

www.sciencedaily.com...

"The team also found earthquakes in unlikely places like Canada, Australia and western Africa."

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
A problem I see with the OP stance on TST and Michael Persinger is:

Piezoelectricity

I don't see Michael Persinger citations as having anything to do with Naturally Occurring Piezoelectical Phenomenon, or "Earth Lights" as linked.

Thus, there's no conflict or double standard in referring to "Earth Light" phenomenon and any confusion relating to witnesses reporting UFOs due such phenomenon, nor any required association with Paranormal, erm, stuff.
Naturally Occurring Piezoelectrical phenomenon due geological stresses can stand quite soundly on its own without any requirement for citations from, or association with Michael Persinger.

As conspicuously desperate as OP would seem to front a Paranormal objective, or some other magic wand solution to easily explain away UFO phenomenon, while some may subscribe to such flights of fantasy entirely divorced from fundamental concepts like replicability, testability, and confirmability, there's still a strong demographic that doesn't stoop to such low standards as magical thinking explanations.

Further, while Naturally Occurring Piezoelectrical Phenomenon may certainly account for a number of UFO reports, such an explanation only adds to the menagerie of known phenomenon, including Mylar Balloons, Unknown Terrestrial Aircraft, Chinese Lanterns and the Planet Venus that are commonly reported as UFOs by those uneducated/unfamiliar with such things.

While such may certainly narrow the field further, we still have a UFO Phenomenon that may eventually test positive for other natural phenomenon, including ball lightning, swamp gas, plasma balls, bolides, lenticular cloud formations, and other such.

That, of course, is yet to be seen conclusively observed, and until we have adequate good confirmation on a full range of solid UFO phenomenon reports, we've still as of yet to have the entirety of UFO Phenomenon tied up with a nice neat bow.

Who knows? We might very well have aliens, angels, demons, ghosts, Aztec Feathered Serpents, or blobs of Ectoplasm zooming about, but, until such presents itself as reliably observable and testable, such designations cannot be seriously or realistically applied without self marginalizing oneself as a nutter typically best ignored and left to rant from the fringe pulpit.

edit on 1/10/2014 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
As conspicuously desperate as OP would seem to front a Paranormal objective, or some other magic wand solution to easily explain away UFO phenomenon, while some may subscribe to such flights of fantasy entirely divorced from fundamental concepts like replicability, testability, and confirmability, there's still a strong demographic that doesn't stoop to such low standards as magical thinking explanations.

Oh, Alice. You poor thing. All of your soul-loss could be solved if only you would let go of scientism dogma long enough to realize how wrong you are. There is indeed replicability, testability, and confirmability in parapsychology. Once you realize that, things will begin to fall into place. Do yourself a favor and watch this vid.

edit on 10-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I guess that explains why UFO siteing locations have absolutley no corrolation with tectonic plate boundary locations, eh?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

not all ufo sightings are of lights

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

ENrgLee

I guess that explains why UFO siteing locations have absolutley no corrolation with tectonic plate boundary locations, eh?

Persinger isn't a strict TST guy. Spacetime Transients is a very interesting book. Geomagnetic anomalies seem to act as 'windows' for some reason.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join