It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Earthquake of Irony is Approaching

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

It takes a village.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

BlueMule

I realize my views are unpopular with, well, everyone who thinks ET has something to do with UFOs. That's pretty much the entire UFO community. They are also unpopular with skeptics of psi. That includes many or most people who would self-identify as a skeptic of ET.

But the thing is, most people in those camps aren't as familiar with parapsychology as I am. And most people from those camps haven't had the "UFO contactee" and psychic experiences I've had. My views and my background are in the minority.

But I'm confident that as more and more people become acquainted with parapsychology that will change.

edit on 9-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

I did not say I was disagreeing with you. I just don't think your answer is the catch-all finish all answer on the subject. There are things which areis obviously man-made there are things which are natural phenomenon and there are other things which seems to be otherworldly especially things that have been seen in space. So please explain to me Why you believe that PK phenomenon is taking place outside of Earth's atmosphere?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

dashen
I did not say I was disagreeing with you. I just don't think your answer is the catch-all finish all answer on the subject. There are things which areis obviously man-made there are things which are natural phenomenon and there are other things which seems to be otherworldly especially things that have been seen in space. So please explain to me Why you believe that PK phenomenon is taking place outside of Earth's atmosphere?

Because the space-age took our imagination outside of Earths atmosphere. We know too much about the Earth for our imagination to take flight here, as it could in the ancient past. So our imagination goes out there into space where it has free reign. Where our imagination goes, the collective unconscious goes. Where the collective unconscious goes, our collective psychic ability aka the archetype of mana goes.

There is no limit to what our psychic ability can do in the service of our evolving belief systems. It can create anything, do anything that our conscious minds need. Even in the service of those belief systems that are incomplete or flat-out wrong.

Pioneering Parapsychologist Gertrude Schmeidler Has Died

I just found out that a parapsychologist colleague of mine, Gertrude Schmeidler, died last month (1912-2009). I say colleague rather than friend, for while we were friendly there was a great age range difference so we never got to know each other well.

Gertrude made one of the most important discoveries ever in parapsychology, one with strong spiritual implications and one which I think none of the spiritual traditions knows about, for while it’s something that can happen in everyday life, it’s pretty much unobservable except under laboratory conditions. She gave many classes of students ESP tests, guessing at concealed cards, but, before giving or scoring the tests, she had students fill out questionnaires that asked, among other things, whether they believed in ESP.

When she analyzed the results separately for the believers – the “sheep” – and the non-believers – the “goats” – she found a small, but significant difference. The sheep got more right than you would expect by chance guessing, they were occasionally using ESP. The goats, on the other hand, got significantly fewer right than you would expect by chance.

Think of it this way. If you were asked to guess red or black with ordinary playing cards, no feedback until you’d done the whole deck, you would average about 50% correct by chance. If you got 100% correct, you don’t need statistics to know that would be astounding.

But if you got 0%? Just as astounding!

The sheep thought they could do it, they got “good” scores, they were happy. The goats knew there was no ESP, nothing to get, they got poor scores, they were happy, that “proved” their belief. These were not people who were sophisticated enough about statistics to know that scoring below chance could be significant….

Many other experimenters replicated this effect over the years.

The only way I’ve ever been able to understand it is to think that the goats occasionally used ESP, but on an unconscious level, to know what the next card was and then their unconscious, acting in the service of their conscious belief system, influenced them to call anything but the correct one. The goats used a “miracle” to support their belief that there were no such things as miracles….

Talk about living in samsara, in a state of illusion!

Our human knowledge is richer for Gertrude’s work. She had been retired for some years and died peacefully in her sleep on March 9th.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

And by what process do you propose that physical objects take form from abstract ideas and concepts?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

dashen

And by what process do you propose that physical objects take form from abstract ideas and concepts?

By the same process that created the Universe, whatever that is.

How Consciousness Becomes the Physical Universe

Abstract

Issues related to consciousness in general and human mental processes in particular remain the most difficult problem in science. Progress has been made through the development of quantum theory, which, unlike classical physics, assigns a fundamental role to the act of observation. To arrive at the most critical aspects of consciousness, such as its characteristics and whether it plays an active role in the universe requires us to follow hopeful developments in the intersection of quantum theory, biology, neuroscience and the philosophy of mind.

Developments in quantum theory aiming to unify all physical processes have opened the door to a profoundly new vision of the cosmos, where observer, observed, and the act of observation are interlocked. This hints at a science of wholeness, going beyond the purely physical emphasis of current science. Studying the universe as a mechanical conglomerate of parts will not solve the problem of consciousness, because in the quantum view, the parts cease to be measureable distinct entities. The interconnectedness of everything is particularly evident in the non-local interactions of the quantum universe. As such, the very large and the very small are also interconnected.

Consciousness and matter are not fundamentally distinct but rather are two complementary aspects of one reality, embracing the micro and macro worlds. This approach of starting from wholeness reveals a practical blueprint for addressing consciousness in more scientific terms.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Oh snap!
You think were evolving into partners in creation?
Where do you draw the lines?
Am i a pk figment? You?
Ats?(we are)
But Most folks who are asleep need a better answer than that
When a mommy idea and a daddy idea love each other very much they get together and created baby universe
edit on 9-1-2014 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

nugget1
We still need an explanation for low -flying craft of unknown origin,and orbs not associated with earthquakes.

See this thread then: UFOs of the Future: Will these aircraft be mistaken for "Alien Ships" in the years to come?

And that's just the non-black budget stuff. You can bet anything that is on the drawing board or just being tested in the above ground aviation world probably has been flying secretly for decades.

My hope is that if we eliminate all of these things as UFOs there will be a tiny fraction, perhaps less than 1% which might be only explainable as a solution to Fermi's paradox but they will be very rare and very infrequently seen if they exist at all.
edit on 9-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

dashen

Oh snap!

Snap!

You think were evolving into partners in creation?

Yes!

Where do you draw the lines?

I draw a circle whose center is everywhere and circumference is nowhere.

Oh snap!

Am i a pk figment? You?

Only relative to them.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Your 'most of the UFOs' was important with the word 'most', it would be absurd to claim that all are natural phenomena. We can agree that nearly all cases can be explained as natural or conventional tech. Earthquakes may still give a small part of FFOs but still - people who witness burning objects, radar objects, orbs that are intelligent controlled, I do not think these can be mistaken with lights in the sky. It's too different, \

People could mistaken lanterns or laser kites for UFOs but hardly lights in the sky

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Well done sir!
Your earthly experience must be near freaked out as my own.
now to figure out how we're even here in the first place and then we won't be.
Genius!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

dashen

Well done sir!
Your earthly experience must be near freaked out as my own.
now to figure out how we're even here in the first place and then we won't be.
Genius!

Why thank you kindly sir. Yes indeed I've had my fair share of freaky experiences. I've forgotten more than most people have in their entire lives. As for how we're here in the first place, I wouldn't even guess. I chucked causality out the window long ago along with chicken-and-egg questions.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I would have forgotten that much except I try not toa forget much.Thank the L-rd
There is an ulitimate reason why infinity collapsed into this funny place for a while.
But aside from that
the the earthquake ufo explanation is pretty weak.
Your answer is more polyergeisty imaginifistationy.
What if just one if the many sightings was a genuine spaceman?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

dashen

I would have forgotten that much except I try not toa forget much.Thank the L-rd
There is an ulitimate reason why infinity collapsed into this funny place for a while.
But aside from that
the the earthquake ufo explanation is pretty weak.
Your answer is more polyergeisty imaginifistationy.
What if just one if the many sightings was a genuine spaceman?

I think one genuine spaceman is not enough to explain the UFO phenomenon.

Would be cool though.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

1 is a proof-of-concept
And the much like cockroaches there's never just one.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

dashen

1 is a proof-of-concept
And the much like cockroaches there's never just one.

Sure, but we need to work with what we have. The modern age of UFOs fits quite nicely into world religion and myth from the perspective of a comparativist. We have parapsychological effects verified by science. We have natural weirdness such as earthquake lights and sundogs and so forth. That's all we need.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I do wonder though what those 3000mph radar tracks are though? Prob chinese lanterns caught in the jet stream? AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

BlueMule
Tectonic Strain Theory (TST) is gaining traction. It states that most UFO phenomena (not due to frank misobservation) are natural events, generated by stresses and strains within the earth's crust. Of course, there are strengths and weaknesses of this theory. I believe that it will get stronger over time. There have been things here and there that have buffed the theory. For example,

Earthquake Discovery Boosts Persinger’s Tectonic Strain Theory of UFOs and the Paranormal

Strange lights in sky aren't UFOs; they're 'earthquake lights,' scientists reveal

And that's not all. "Since 1979, approximately 25 technical articles have been published that support the validity of the TST as an explanation for most reports within UFO or ALP data bases from a number of different places."

So, it looks like a showdown might be coming between TST and ET.

Suppose there is a showdown, and TST wins. ET is run out of town. Would that mean the skeptics win?

NOPE.

Suppose on the other hand that ET wins. Would ufology win?

NOPE.

The champion of TST is Michael Persinger, a cognitive neuroscience researcher and university professor with over 200 peer-reviewed publications. If TST wins and ET loses, skeptics will have him to thank for their gloating rights. That is, until, they are forced to realize that their champion has also shown telepathy to be real. You might not realize it now, but his validation of parapsychology will someday pull the rug out from under skeptics and rejuvenate not only parapsychology but ufology as well. The irony will be delicious.

The age of ET is gone. Times are changing so fast these days, that a mythology can hardly develop and keep up. These aren't your grandpa's little green men from Mars anymore. It's time for them to take a new costume for a new age, as they have done time and time again. An age in which we begin to reach our psychic potential thanks to a rejuvenated ufology and parapsychology.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

ATSZOMBIE
I do wonder though what those 3000mph radar tracks are though? Prob chinese lanterns caught in the jet stream? AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

You've got a pretty good sense of humor for a zombie.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

BlueMule

Chopra Mangles Quantum Mechanics – Again

Chopra is using a common trick of the pseudoscientist – exploit cutting edge science, which the public is not likely to understand, and pretend as if there is proof where there is uncertainty. Take some interesting experiments, then leap way ahead to conclusions that serve their metaphysical purposes, but which are not settled science. In short – beware of anyone pretending to understand the ultimate implications of QM and that it supports their far out philosophy

See also Quantum woo

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

That's old news, Pauligirl.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

So I didnt read the articles but I have heard the theroy in passing and get what OP was getting across. But for arguments sake. What if there are ET's and either they are causing the earth quakes which would place them in and around Earthquake sites, or they are studying Earthquakes which would also place them in or around Earthquake sites. And maybe they have learned to predict them so they make sure they are there are there to test there own theorys. Just a thought.

and I also didnt read the rest of the tread(sorry I am on the a$$ end of my ATS binge for the night getting tired) I hope I didnt repeat anything already said when I just scrolled thru it seems u guys have a lengthy discussion going. Any ways Im passing out good night ATS

edit on Fri20142014-01-10T04:46:33-06:00th2014-01-10T04:46:33-06:00uFri, 10 Jan 2014 04:46:33 -0600Friday20142014-01-10T04:46:33-06:00 by DocScurlock because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join