It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are We Not All Dead Already?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Human0815
Transition of radiation rates measured at environmental monitoring posts of the sites of JAEA
(Whole of northern Japan)

Please look for this Pdf to realize that the Opinion
"F'Shima is spreading Radioactivity since 03/11 until now"
is wrong.

We can see a peak in the first Days after the Tsunami but afterwards it is running out
very quickly:
JAEA Source

If your talking about iodine-131, then that is a true statement because it only has a half life of 8 days.... it is the by product of nuclear fission... that's how the world know when there's been a nuclear accident or nuclear detonation... they can see the jump in iodine-131.

Cesium and Strontium are a whole different matter........ they have detected Strontium 90 levels in a well just off the ocean at 1.2 billion becquerels per liter of water. This was just a couple of months ago.

So yes Fukushima is still releasing massive amounts of radiation into environment on a daily basis and will continue to do so.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RickinVa

they have detected Strontium 90 levels in a well just off the ocean at 1.2 billion becquerels per liter of water.

So, you are saying that the water FLOWING UNDERNEATH FUKUSHIMA is radioactive?

Yes, we already know that.

You do realize that 1.2 billion bequerels per liter is like, less than a milligram of radioactive material, right?

The ocean naturally contains 100,000,000,000,000 kilograms of uranium, you know.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

We have millions of People who work daily with Radiation,
from the Medic in a Hospital via the Crew of a Air-plane until the Worker
of a nuclear Power-Station, all this People are under Surveillance
of their Health and we know very well how much Radiation is needed
to increase the statistical Risk for the single Person!

50 milli-Sievert is the Border,
after this amount is accumulated the Risk rise to a Level where
we need to say: "Stop"!

100 milli-Sievert should not get passed in a Period of 5 Years

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ENrgLee

And its also been stated by scientists that one pound of plutonium spread evenly across this planet would kill every human being on it....there are no safe levels of this stuff

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

there are no safe levels of this stuff

I don't think that you understand what the word "Safe" means....

Let me put it to you this way:

safe
sāf/
adjective
adjective: safe; comparative adjective: safer; superlative adjective: safest

1. protected from or not exposed to danger or risk; not likely to be harmed or lost.

That is a couple thousand nuclear, and thermonuclear detonations in a few decades.

Many of those bombs used plutonium trigger devices.

Their detonation released plutonium into the environment.

And we are all still alive.

Hence, your statement that there is no "Safe" level, is in error, and has thusly been refuted.
edit on E1Mon, 13 Jan 2014 01:37:08 -060010America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by ENrgLee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Your 1,2 Billion Bq. is a wrong Info from Russia Today, as usual from this News Source,
also you made the Mistake to put all Water into one Pot, this is very unscientific!

Highly-concentrated radioactive material found at the observation holes
We have been monitoring the groundwater sampled at the observation holes established to investigate the contamination status of groundwater, for the purpose of investigating the effects of the leak of contaminated water from the contaminated water storage tanks in August 2013. At the end of 2013, the measurement value for Tritium, one of the radioactive materials in the water sampled at the observation hole near the tank that suffered leakage, increased from 34,000Bq/L (on December 28) to 450,000Bq/L (on January 1).

This increase in the value could be attributed to 1) the contaminated water that previously leaked from the tank soaking into the nearby ground, or 2) the effects of the water pumping* (*we have been pumping up the contaminated groundwater at the nearby observation holes, however the amount being pumped up was temporarily decreased at the end of 2013).

The value decreased to 17,000Bq/L on January 8. Highly concentrated tritium (almost equivalent concentration level) was found in this observation hole in the past, and the highest concentrated tritium 790,000Bq/L was also found here on October 17, 2013.

Source

Here you can see the actual measured Amounts:
Look here

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Wow... I didn't realize that the readings were that low....

Am I reading this right?

1.1 Bq/litre of Cs-137 at T-2-1 ?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ENrgLee

Yip, it is very, very low!

We compare this Date from Tepco with individual collected Data
and we do not found any huge Discrepancy, of course we don't
go that close inside of the Hot Zone but soon we do this too!

Many People have a wrong Imagination about this Accident
but until now we had a lot of Luck, it could be much worse!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Well, it looks like the doomsayers were only 9 orders of magnitude off in their statements....

I guess it could have been worse.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ENrgLee

By my Observation this happened because one Blog is copying the other Blog
without even doing the basic Research, it is always the same:
Fire, Explosions Earthquakes, Radioactive Beaches, etc,
than add a few death Sea Stars, a few dead Dolphins
and the Headache of Person XY and you get this Result of a close ELE!

I am just amazed that all this People continue with their daily Life
without changing anything.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ENrgLee

Very good vid.

Environmental terrorism is what it shall be looked back upon - should the future be somewhat cherished.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I wasn't done with this thread but I somehow mysteriously ( I was able to get some site just fine, but not ATS or some others... ping timeouts... probably my crappy provider )
was not able to connect to ATS for the last 20 minutes.........

Anyways... you guys go right on eating that Pacific seafood...... I myself will pass
edit on 13-1-2014 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

RickinVa

Anyways... you guys go right on eating that Pacific seafood...... I myself will pass

Please give it a Read, it is from a NPO/NGO and provide important Data
since the beginning of this Accident:
Click and Read

Maybe you need to use a Translation Tool!

PS; there is more Data, not only for Seafood:
Click and read here too

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Human0815

RickinVa

Please give it a Read, it is from a NPO/NGO and provide important Data
since the beginning of this Accident:
Click and Read

Maybe you need to use a Translation Tool!

PS; there is more Data, not only for Seafood:
Click and read here too

I will leave this as my final reply to this thread:

This video pretty much sums it up for me:

Fairewinds Energy Education’s Arnie Gundersen discusses the risk to the US West Coast population from the ongoing releases from Fukushima Daiichi. Should we be worried about walking by or swimming in the Pacific? How safe are California’s beaches? What about eating Pacific seafood?

fairewinds.org/media/fairewinds-videos/west-coast-radiation-exp osure-risks

Like I said... you guys can keep on eating that Pacific seafood, but I will pass.....

this thread has drifted so far it isn't even funny.....

The title of the thread is "Why Are We All Not Dead Already"

As it pertains to Fukushima, the answer is simply because radiation is a very slow killer in small doses... it will be years before the effects of Fukushima manifest themselves......... is everyone going to die? I highly doubt that but I do suspect there will be severe world wide health effects from Fukushima in the long term.

There are just too many unknowns going on at Fukushima.....mankind is in uncharted territory when it comes to a triple nuclear core meltdown.... Chernobyl was very bad, but Fukushima will make Chernobyl look like a walk in the park when its all said and done... but I digress:

"Why Are We All Not Dead Already"

It's because radiation is a slow but deadly killer......as stated in the video linked above, all scientist can agree that there is no point of zero radiation, but any radiation past the point of zero is unhealthy. That's where you get into the whole natural radiation argument vs man increased. This is also why they tell you not to have more than a certain amount of x-rays or certain procedures done in a time frame....because the bad effects of radiation out weigh any positive effects that may be done in medical procedure at a very fast rate

Fukushima will continue to raise the world's level of radiation by a certain amount until it is contained... if it can be contained.... what that amount is may remain to be seen for thousands of years.

No I do not believe that Fukushima is a Extinction Level Event, which is what I am going to assume the OP meant.

But none the less.......... it's a very very very bad disaster that unfortunately has no end in sight.... most experts believe that building an ice-wall is a pipe dream.... the cost of building and maintaining such an enormous task is beyond huge and the local geology is not exactly ice wall idea friendly.

I think that in the end... and it wont be long.... Tepco will simply abandon the sight and leave it as is.......there's not much more they can do other than remove the fuel rods.....and that's supposed to take a number of years.

It's a huge disaster that is going to have worldwide effects no matter how you slice it and dice it........it already has since day 1.... and now here we are 1,000 days later and nothing has changed except the removal of a few fuel rods...

and I am done lol

edit on 13-1-2014 by RickinVa because: spelling

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

RickinVa

It's a huge disaster that is going to have worldwide effects no matter how you slice it and dice it........it already has since day 1.... and now here we are 1,000 days later and nothing has changed except the removal of a few fuel rods...

And exactly this is one of the biggest wrong Conclusion many People get
when they just scratch the Surface of Information in our Internet,
in F'Shima happened and happen a lot, daily and every single Hour!

1. and most important: The Melt-Down was stopped
2. and also very important: The Station and all Reactor are stable
3. 3 Alternative Cooling Cycles was established
4. Water Recycling and Cleaning was established
5. Water Storage Tanks
6. Countless of Kilometre of new Pipes, Drains and Electric Lines got installed
7. The Fuel of Nr. 4 is "on the Move"
8. 3 new whole Buildings got constructed
9. Thousands of Tones of Debris got removed, cleaned and/ or stored
etc., etc.

To say "nothing happened" is wrong or you are without any imagination
of the circumstances in Fukushima Daiichi.

Tepco is not doing "that bad", in fact the People there ended 3 different Melt-Downs
without losing the final Containment!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Human0815

RickinVa

And exactly this is one of the biggest wrong Conclusion many People get
when they just scratch the Surface of Information in our Internet,
in F'Shima happened and happen a lot, daily and every single Hour!

1. and most important: The Melt-Down was stopped
2. and also very important: The Station and all Reactor are stable
3. 3 Alternative Cooling Cycles was established
4. Water Recycling and Cleaning was established
5. Water Storage Tanks
6. Countless of Kilometre of new Pipes, Drains and Electric Lines got installed
7. The Fuel of Nr. 4 is "on the Move"
8. 3 new whole Buildings got constructed
9. Thousands of Tones of Debris got removed, cleaned and/ or stored
etc., etc.

To say "nothing happened" is wrong or you are without any imagination
of the circumstances in Fukushima Daiichi.

Tepco is not doing "that bad", in fact the People there ended 3 different Melt-Downs
without losing the final Containment!

I was just replying to the OP's post of why we aren't all dead already and I will stick to the idea that radiation is bad for you plain and simple.... and Fukushima is leaking radiation and there's no denying it.

edit on 13-1-2014 by RickinVa because: darn it.... I replied after I said I wouldn't

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Fukushima is leaking radiation and there's no denying it.

So are you.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

ENrgLee

Fukushima is leaking radiation and there's no denying it.

So are you.

You post is completely off topic and you keep trying to change the direction of the thread.....

by the way, do you have clue about all the studies done about ionizing radiation vs. non-ionizing radiation???

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

You post is completely off topic and you keep trying to change the direction of the thread.....

Are you denying that you are radioactive?

by the way, do you have clue about all the studies done about ionizing radiation vs. non-ionizing radiation???

Are you implying that your body does not give off ionizing radiation?
edit on E1Mon, 13 Jan 2014 18:24:11 -060060America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by ENrgLee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

ENrgLee

Are you denying that you are radioactive?

why does that have to do with the title of this thread.... please start a new thread if you want to discuss radiation effects.

Are you implying that your body does not give off ionizing radiation?
edit on E1Mon, 13 Jan 2014 18:24:11 -060060America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by ENrgLee because: (no reason given)

I am not implying anything... I am just stating the fact there have been studies done which repeatedly show there is no "safe" level of radiation...... it's a simple fact that you just seem to want to ignore.

Increased levels of radiation are bad for humans... it as simple as that

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join