It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Claim That Quantum Theory Proves Consciousness Moves To Another Universe At Death

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

All gravy looking for multiverse, and alternate realities, but the idiotic assumptions these two make is enough to make any decently rational individual look the other way in disgust.

What makes you think the universe is rational...? Rationality is a tool invented by man. What makes you think that tool is capable of deciphering the secrets of the universe...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Some suffer from a bone-deep fear
That matter's all that matters here
That love and hate and pretty faces
Are naught but atoms changing places.

I actually like the theory: it "feels good" for what it's worth. It matches my personal believes, it might explain various fortean phenomena like the greys, ghosts, orbs and angels, to name a few. Tulpa's come to mind. But.. if 'consciousness' is the true origin of everything and not a by-product of matter, the inevitable question is "where did consciousness arise from". If there actually is no matter unless there are observers, then what created the first observer?

A piece of writing that may interest y'all about the importance of observations can be found here.

Thanks, starred and flagged.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by EsotericGod

You'd rather believe in singularity where everything, all matter, was once less than the size of a pin head. You can go that route. I personally find that theory unbelievable. The Multi-Universe, although in it's own right, hard to get one's head around, just seems "right" to me. That allows the ability of the Soul to transit to another universe and come back if you knew how to do it. This explains "ghosts" and that some people (souls) are able to stay close to this universe, and that others don't comeback are continue to roam in other universes.
Fits well if you ask me.

edit on 10-1-2014 by wrkn4livn because: Grammer

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ForteanOrg

Thanks for the read.. Nice bit here..

In other words, the nature of the question determines the reality you perceive. Our choice plays a critical role in determining the outcome of a situation in our local space-time - at least for experiments with photons. If our choices have this kind of dynamic going with the quantum world, the question then becomes how deep does this craziness run? Scientists insist such paradoxical phenomena are limited to the nano-world of the quantum. At larger scales, they are smudged out by the cancellation of a huge number of differing quantum states. It's called "decoherence," and it prevents the Alice in Wonderland weirdness of quantum physics from erupting into the kitchen, boardroom, or lab. Yet with the discovery of "microtubules" in human neurons, there is some evidence that the human brain may actually process some information on a quantum level, which may or may not reopen this whole can of worms for the macro level of reality.

www.fortean.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

You cannot take quantum effects and then apply them to macroscopic objects because by definition they occur on a quantum level only

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AnoodleJ

Maybe they dont just occur at a quantum level..

Diamonds Wikimedia Commons Quantum entanglement, the spooky action at a distance that promises to be so useful for things like high-powered computing and security, is generally considered a function of the tiny world. It's easy - OK, not easy, but relatively practical nowadays - to take two particles or two microscopic things and intertwine their fates. Now for the first time, scientists have accomplished quantum entanglement on the macro scale, entangling two millimeter-sized diamonds.

www.physnews.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Mianeye
It all sounds cool and all, but there is one problem.
Something anyone can experience and survive.
Unconsciousness, when you get a whack in the head that turns out the light.
When unconscious every brain function is turned off "except lifevital functions", though you might be put in to a coma to keep some functions running.

But then you are associating the brain with consciousness, as though the brain is vital to conciousness. I'm not sure that ties in with this theory.

Anyway, just bought the book so I'll find out for sure.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Quantum physics has been studied since the middle ages

What? Citation needed.

I've been starring your posts. You'd better not let me down.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

im scared of dying i dont care what anyone sayz

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

Sorry I didn't respond sooner KrzYma I logged off for the day ~ Anyway.

yes, we were talking about simple circuits as an concious system.
sure you have no wires, you have the nerve system and brain with synapses and other stuff in it, no copper

I'm really sure you are more aware, more concious than an copper wire, I just postulate that there is not much to create a conciousness...

that is why I was asking what this means to you, being concious or have conciousness. acting, reacting, deciding ( after your rules )
nothing more than my electric circuit ! LOL

So you did infact compare a simple circuit to conciousness. Furthermore, the human body which I will "Agree" that it yes it is similiar but not to a simple circuit. Nor are any of the connections therein a human body "Simple".

When a simple circuit decides to turn itself off and run to the quickie market for a super sized slushi and ho ho would I say that it is councious and aware.

Electricity is only aware through "man-made" inadament objects that either oppose or re-route the flow of electricity to do what "man" wants it to do.

I would last propose, that if it doesn't take "much to create" conciousness on the same level as a human not some half arsed "programmed" AI, then why haven't you created it? By your response you seem to have more knowledge than the scientific community. On electricity and Conciousness.

This single individual concious mind can make that deduction by your responses. When electricity starts speaking hebrew, latin or American English and solving quantum physics, then I'll take your "theory" of simple conciousness with a little more serious nature.

Try again, I am more willing than my response would indicate to see your POV, but your not helping it out with your examples.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

UNIT76
..in that other universe,
there's a crackpot group of people
who claim in a past life
they lived on a planet called earth

I'll hope when I get there those crackpots shifted four universes ahead of me..
edit on 0b04America/ChicagoFri, 10 Jan 2014 10:33:04 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 10 Jan 2014 10:33:04 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

purplemer
reply to post by webedoomed

All gravy looking for multiverse, and alternate realities, but the idiotic assumptions these two make is enough to make any decently rational individual look the other way in disgust.

What makes you think the universe is rational...? Rationality is a tool invented by man. What makes you think that tool is capable of deciphering the secrets of the universe...

Rationality is rooted in logic. The laws of logic and the laws of physics are not entirely different merely because they produce different types of answers. They produce different types of answers because they ask different types of questions. However, both reflect the uniformity of nature and the principles of the universe because they both truly describe those things that reflect the properties of the universe.
Yes, No.
Positive, Negative.
True, False.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Rationality is rooted in logic... Wouldn't that depend on a any individual's perspective on any given subject? A concious mind is a funny "animal" that way, not one individual is the same, we all perceive, learn, ask questions using different logics and different paces.

What's logical to one, is highly unlogical to another. No?

Different answers to different questions... Regardless of how a question is asked, if Logic and Rationality "triumph" then wouldn't the answer always stay the same? I.E~ Gravity, what goes up must come down? Unless in zero gravity?

I ask humbly, because with my time here on this rock spinning around a giant ball of fire, I've learned that this world and it's inhabitants are anything but Logical, Rational.... Maybe on certain days

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

911inzidejob83
reply to post by jrod

I wish I could help you with that, as it is a rather useless fear. It is similar to another ridiculous fear I experienced myself: the intense fear of being immortal. Imagine: FOREVER. It won't stop! NEVER! What on Earth would you do all eternity long?? Aaaaaaaargh!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

In reality we know things not to be so black and white. The answers we get depend on the questions ask. Rationality logic and science are teach us to try and dissect the worlds into parts to be deciphered. These are models of reality not reality itself. They work only in containment of the parameters given.

They do not reflect the universe they reflect us and our endeavour to understand it. Invent a different tool to look at the universe and we will get different answers.

Yes and no..True and false are all very well. But what happens when the answer is bigger than the question.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 911inzidejob83

For me everything is looked after. It all happens for a reason and we have nothing to worry about...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

As long as people deny the existence of soul and God, the puzzle of life cannot be understood.

The body functions as long as soul is in it. The body functions due to power of the soul. This is a basic fact that has to be understood.

The soul is placed in womb by the God (God's power) and is taken out of the body by God at the time of death.

A dead body has no 'life' or 'spirit', whatever you call. There is no 'afterlife'.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Interesting but nothing really new.

Reminds me of a book I read 20 years ago, Equations of Eternity . . . 'Biocentrism' as as concept has been around for a long time. The role of the observer in making something 'real' - collapsing all of the probability functions into a single state - is at the core of physical existence.

Can you accomplish the same with non-consciousness, with say a simple stupid photon detector? I'd like to think not.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Even scientists are perplexed by the fact of "life", of great abilities of human brain etc.

The human life is entwined with power of the God. Neither the universe, nor living beings have an existence if God's powers do not work.

Despite this ever-present and all-encompassing nature of God, nobody actually sees God as God stays hidden.

'Veda' explains that this is by design, so that 'jeev' or living beings get their freedom of action, as God is just and living beings create 'karma' and live their 'karma'.

God sustains all humans - good and bad alike. However each soul is judged by its actions. The result is awarded in shape of suffering - disease, untimely death, pain and suffering, demotion to life of animals etc. for the sinners.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So is this is were our Disapereing act of 21 grams of ( Soul ) goes when it leaves our body !!

Soul Man

Claim: A physician once placed dying patients upon a scale in order to measure the weight of the human soul.

Read more at www.snopes.com...
www.snopes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join