It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Claim That Quantum Theory Proves Consciousness Moves To Another Universe At Death

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

So your consciousness gets sent into another universe, why not just absorbed into this universe? Maybe an interesting extension to that would be the reasoning of past lives, we are in some ways "locked" to Earth via magnetism of some kind.

But if it goes into *another* universe- could this be the whole "heaven / hell"? Perhaps if you're a negatively/positively charged person upon death you go to a more "negative/positive" Earth via a more negatively/positive charged universe? Staying there until the consciousness evolves to pass into the positive?

If so, does that mean I can't be sarcastic anymore?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

purplemer
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Or we really don't have a "separate thing" called a consciousness at all, and consciousness in humans is just the perceived result of chemicals in the brain.

Perhaps when we die, those chemicals stop doing their thing, and so goes our brain and our perceived consciousness.

If that was the case would we have a science like quantum physics in which the very act of observation can change the outcome of an experiment.

My problem with the observation effect. Can you be 100% certain the equipment used to monitor the experiment is not effecting the outcome? Is it possible that an unknown force that we are not able to see,monitor, or capture with our existing technology might exist once the equipment is powered on?

Does the observer effect really proof that observation is changing the outcome or does it prove that we have a newly discovered force or matter that we never knew about?

Or are people misunderstanding the real scientific meaning of what the observation effect is myself included?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

That was deep. It's interesting because the other day I said to my mom "why the heck have you and dad been biting my body motions and verbal expressions?" Then I realized all along I was living their manifestations of their dreams rather than creating my own manifestation of a dream to accomplish.

I guess love at first sight really is true. But then when you start to have doubts, the relationship turns to chaos because the false ego infects it.

This all relates back to law of attraction again.

You will your universe.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Think ye not that the dead yearn to live again? All that lies beyond the veil is Hell.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Coincidentally the Bible has been expounding on the existance of a soul that lives past the death of that vessel that we call a body for thousands of years . It also tells us of two other timeless continuums where the soul will exist .

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I stopped listening after Lanza declared that the universe is "fine tuned" for life despite the fact that most of the universe is completely hostile to life. That usage bothers me. Whether or not there is a narrow range of properties that would result in intelligent life has nothing to do with the act of tuning. In any universe we could find that there is probably a very narrow range of properties that can result in the unique characteristics of that particular universe. Therefore every universe would qualify as being "fine tuned" which defeats the purpose of the usage.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Love the signature
1. Tyson is the man , coincidentally while listening to Lanza I was thinking it would be great to watch a Tyson Lanza match.

2. LMAO on the religion and internet part of the Sig.

Therefore every universe would qualify as being "fine tuned" which defeats the purpose of the usage."

True, but perhaps one is fine tuned for life while another might not be, so the usage might still be applicable?

The part I wasn't to keen on was when he started talking about the observer effect. Regardless , He appears to be credible as a scientist from my quick observation , and conflicting ideas aren't always a bad thing.

edit on 49131America/ChicagoThu, 09 Jan 2014 23:49:12 -0600up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DazDaKing

God, beautiful post, man.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Sorry but I cannot even fathom how this belief system is suppose to work, I have too many problems with it:

1) If Universe semantically means "Everything", akin to "Pan, Omni", etc; than wouldn't it indicate that having "Another Universe" is illogical because had it even existed it would be called "part of the Universe"?
How can you have "All" that doesn't include everything?

2) E= MC ^2 indicates that all mass = energy

3) Conservation of Energy indicates that no energy will leave or enter this "Universe System".
All it does is convert into other formats.

4) How are we suppose to explain "Ghost Haunting phenomena" now ?

Therefore it would seem to me that when you die your "spiritual essence" or "energy field", converts into other forms of energy.
Looks like the odds are in favor of it sticking around rather than just disappearing into nowhere.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

purplemer
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

A greater question would be does consciousness really exist (and I mean consciousness as a separate defined "thing")?

Really one of the few things I really know exists, is consciousness. It is something I directly experience..

Do you think it is something that is separate from our brain's chemical functions, and is it something that can be separated from (i.e., exist outside of) our brain's chemical functions?

Maybe it is, and it would be nice if it was, but I have no way of knowing if it is -- and I'm not sure how YOU know that it is.

I'm fascinated by threads like this, though I can only just about understand the basic physics behind them if presented in layman's terms.

What you post about the brain/soul separation is interesting. There's a school of thought amongst most people that your soul somehow geographically resides in your body (most likely in the brain). And this is what forms your consciousness, along with your brain activity. Assuming the soul actually exists and we're not just a bunch of neurons firing, that begs a huge amount of questions, like ......................

- What physically tethers the soul to the brain, or even to your body? The soul may be energy based but there has to be something which keeps it housed within the body
- If memories are stored physically in the brain, how does a soul retain these when the brain stops functioning? Are we to assume your soul can 'remember' nothing of your life once you die?
- If your personality traits are influenced greatly by other physical factors in the brain (chemical balances, genetic makeup, etc), then how different is your personality once the brain stops functioning and these physical factors are removed from the equation? Does your soul have very different personality traits?
- If your body dies and your soul becomes untethered, where does it go and how does it know to go there?

............... and I'm sure there's many, many more similar questions.

Consider this though. What if your soul didn't reside in your body? The comparison to an antenna above is what I'm getting at. What if your brain is nothing more than a receiver, just like a TV or radio antenna. Your soul resides elsewhere, existing perpetually everywhere at once (think of a TV signal being broadcast continually over many thousands of miles) until your brain tunes in and receives that signal. Unlike a TV signal however, your soul can only be picked up by one antenna at a time, and that is what makes each of us unique.

The questions above can be looked at in a different light then.

How is the soul tethered to our body? It isn't. It exists elsewhere, and our brains merely tune in to the signal.
How does the soul recall memories? I believe the memories may be stored physically in our bodies, but copies of these are sent back and forth via this signal and our soul receives them. It's not wholly unlike how cloud computing is beginning to function, with original data being stored in a local PC hard disc but copies uploaded to the 'cloud'.
If your body dies, where does the soul go? Nowhere. It was never in your body to begin with. Perhaps once your body is unable to receive that signal any longer, another body is designated to receive it instead (reincarnation?).

Just thinking out loud of course. This could all - of course - be absolutely horse$hit.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by EsotericGod

Which is true. Information doesn't die, because information is pure energy. I mean, I guess you could say information does die, because if you scatter the values so that they are incorporated into disparate informative entities, that would mean the end of that particular informative entity's informative identity - if that makes any sense. The end of an identity is death, in a sense. So the change in a sum is the change of identity. In other words, death. So if death is just change...

Oh, philosophy, you complex mistress, you!

If information doesn't die why doesn't every kid get all the answers right when they are tested on the information given during just a few days of school. Why can't Johnny spell constitution on Friday when he was given the information on Tuesday? Why can't Shelly get the division questions on her math test?' Where does that information go? Faulty computer?
I like the idea but have become so skeptical of anything spiritual or esoteric in the past couple of years. Mostly because of other view points garnered here on ATS. Have I been enlightened or corrupted?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
A basic education in quantum physics is required to digest anything this guy is saying so obviously his audience knows the basic principles of quantum physics or this speech and all discussion comes to a screeching halt.

I have studied the principles he refers to so I can digest what he says. If you don't have the basics you can start with some of the scientists he talks about and a couple of others I've included here: Neil's Bohr, Werner Heisenberg, Erwin Schrondinger, Boris Poldosky, Nathan Rosen and of course Albert Einstein.

Leon Lederman is a logical extension to these fine gentleman and he is our contemporary. I also find his humor delightful. In his book " If the Universe is the Answer, What is the Question? " He discusses particle physics in a straight forward easy to understand way. He is also the man who named the Higgs boson the God particle. In his words because they wouldn't let him call it the god damned particle.

I have books by all of these guys on my bookcase. Neils Bohr's has a lot of math which I tend to pass over and just take him at his word because... well... it's math...

If you want more information you can start with these guys or for video Fred Alan Wolf known as Dr. Quantum is easy too.
edit on AM000000310000000110228312014-01-10T06:28:34-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by elgaz

I don't know if I believe this but in my own experience even though I think emotions in my head I feel them in the region just under my heart and above my stomach. If someone pops out and scares me I feel it in the stomach region not in my head. My head registers the emotion and my response to the aggressor comes from thought but still even the anger is felt in the body not the head. Loving feelings are felt near the heart which explains the phrase matters of the heart. Not matters of the head. Just my own experience.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

Fringe science. My favorite.

How do non-human life forms fit in with this? Maybe I should read the book but maybe someone has the crib notes?

I've always wondered how humans are so arrogant to believe "heaven" is only for them.

There are degrees of consciousness. Animals may not be self aware but they are conscious. Plants respond to the environment around them from turning to "face" the sun to sending roots deeper into the soil to obtain water. Insects have evolved to mimic other insects deemed poisonous. They also migrate to preserve the species through harsh seasons. These actions all denote degrees of consciousness. It's not all "I think therefore I am. "

I depend on the thought that if there is an afterlife that all my beloved fur babies are going to be there waiting for me. I just hope someone is walking the dogs and changing the litter in the box!!!
Mafo, Mittens, Sultan, Daizy, Midnight aka meemite, Petie, Socrates,Aristophanies, Nakita,William the conqueror.Mommy loves you and hopes to see you all again some day.

edit on AM000000310000000110201312014-01-10T07:01:17-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
When your born you inhale your soul in your first breath,the breath of life. When you die you exhale your soul.
We on earth are surrounded by energy/love of which we can not escape from,we can only deny it. Our body is a vessel however the vessel is made out of energy. Like an ice bowl carrying boiling liquid water. The vessel/body melts/ages over time. You don't need extra dimensions or universes you just need a living planet rich in life/love/energy. All souls belong to mother earth. She has created all the vessels/lifeforms,trillions of diferent life organisms/vessels living in different habitats. Mother earth the super being who resides in a super reality.

To those who think there is nothing after death then you will probably be reincarnated into a deep ocean creature, hanging suspended in the abyss under immense pressure with terrifying monsters lurking everywhere.

Pure speculation of course.

edit on 10-1-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Also worth a read..The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels Between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism by Fritjof Capra.. Old but a good read and the The Self-Aware Universe Amit Goswami. Both excellent reads...

edit on 10-1-2014 by purplemer because: dont dream it..be it....

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

This is to address the OP's original post. YOur head line is a contradiction. Theory is proof of nothing more than an idea someone had. Science itself is not factual, but more observable reaction. And science makes new discoveries daily that disprove old 'concepts.'

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynk3

You will your universe.

and the universe is our mirror of reality which we use to cocreate reality..

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Hillbilly123069

This is to address the OP's original post. YOur head line is a contradiction. Theory is proof of nothing more than an idea someone had. Science itself is not factual, but more observable reaction. And science makes new discoveries daily that disprove old 'concepts.'

Yes you are correct. The title is misleading. Science works on the principles of falsification. It disproves itself...

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

What makes you think it's only two? Quantum physics has been studied since the middle ages. Of course it was all postulation but we wouldn't have the bomb if it wasn't real. The experiments proving that thought effects the outcome are there for you to read about. Heisenberg uncertainty principal prooves without a doubt that you can't know speed and location of a particle as once you focus on either the other ceases to exist. That's consciousness effecting the outcome. Perhaps more study is needed on your part. But go ahead and dig your heels in and say nope ain't gonna do it.
We may not know what it is but everybody knows consciousness exists. Well everybody but you apparently.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join